Chevron

Rooo

BANGKOK: -- The National Health Commission (NHC) yesterday demanded the Office of Natural Resources and Environmental Policy and Planning (ONEP) disclose the final environmental and health impact assessment (EHIA) of the deep-sea port and chemical storage site to be built by Chevron.

The site will be located in Nakhon Si Thammarat’s Tha Sala district. An ONEP panel of experts approved the final EHIA report on September 11, which will help the US oil giant go ahead with its drilling and exploration work in the Gulf of Thailand.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/596277-national-health-commission-demands-final-report-on-chevron-project-thailand/

• 2 weeks later...

They ( AHWM..mmmm) have open the doors and they ( >>>) are comming... you see them on the planes on the first flights,

Is this the start and the erosion of the coastal communities on NST? In search of Texas tea?coffee1.gif

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Chevron has been donating to the hospitals for the last 5 years.. They are paying their way in so to speak... They have the money and the area wants it.. Not sure of the long term affects, but the short term smiles are evident in talking to locals in that area..

• 1 month later...

Well of what I understand talking to the locals, Chevron is now pulling out.Don't know what will happen to the terminal or infrastructure they have in place.

They might be keeping on some personnel to look after offshore operations I suppose.

Any more info will be welcome.

Well of what I understand talking to the locals, Chevron is now pulling out.Don't know what will happen to the terminal or infrastructure they have in place.

They might be keeping on some personnel to look after offshore operations I suppose.

Any more info will be welcome.

It depends which local you talk to. Chevron has renewed a port lease in songkla, but suspect they are just keeping their options open until get all the issues sorted out, it will take several years to build after everything gets the green light.

There has been a lot of protests on this development but when you talk with locals there are organizations turning up and paying uninformed locals to go to protest at meetings, many of the people I have met who live within 5 km of the proposed port are keen for it to go ahead as they see the overt unities for work and money coming into the area.