Obama Thanks Supporters After Winning Re-Election

News_Editor

I am not sure if the American people know what they are in for. This guy has the potential to cripple the world economy, with his failed policies. Quantitative easing is simply a cowards way to deal with tomorrows problem today. It does nothing to address the root causes of the problems, nor does it address the deficit, and this guy has become addicted to deficit spending, like a crack whore is addicted to crack. If the same rate of deficit spending continues, we will be looking at 24 to 25 trillion, by the end of the next four years. How one earth is the US going to address that? What if the countries that are supporting our deficit spending lose faith? What then?

I think I smell a sore loser.

There also seems to be a sore winner around here as well.

The election is over and Obama has won. Are we going to hear yet another four years of Obama and his supporters blaming Bush?

I just wonder who you will blame for the next four years.

Oh wait, I just realized who will be blamed. FOX NEWS!!!!!coffee1.gif

He was setting up the opportunity to blame Romney in his acceptance speech. Then again there are always the conservative talk show hosts and the 50% (give or take) of the Americans that didn't vote for him and are just not cooperating with his programs and voted in (again) a very uncooperative House of Representatives. A rich field of potential excuses for the future.

• Like 1

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to USA!!! Very happy to see Obama re-elected!!

You would not say that if you still lived there.

Obama is a MONET WASTER.

coffee1.gifcoffee1.gifcoffee1.gifcoffee1.gif

Bull doo doo, bush / cheny screwed America and destroyed the surplus they received when they stole the election from Al Gore. Then they proceeded to attack two countries that had nothing to do with 911 and killed and maimed thousands of people. Then the republicans did what they always do when they are not in charge, they refuse to do anything except try to get the Democrats out of office. They didn't work to try to create jobs. They didn't try to reduce the budget (other than take away peanuts from good programs). They spent 4 years voting against anything that would help the country. They are only concerned with big business and how much money the rich can hang onto. The most worthless, greedy, immoral, lying bunch of people you can find on the planet, republicans.

• Like 1

I thought the best part of his speech (which I hadn't heard before), was saying about the 4 hour lines for voting, "we're going to have to fix that". How disgraceful is this voting system, if ever something needed canning it is the decentralisation of methods of voting and a uniform voting system for the entire country put into place.

Obama is the winner, but America remains polarised.

Romney concedes, seeks success for Obama

Washington/Boston - US Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney acknowledged early Wednesday that he had lost to President Barack Obama but told supporters he was praying for the success of the president.

"I believe in America. I believe in the people of America," he told supporters in Boston. "I ran for office because I’m concerned about America. This election is over, but our principles endure." He said he would pray for the success of Obama and for the country after he had told reporters on election day on Tuesday that he had not prepared a concession speech, only victory remarks.

"I so wish that I had been able to fulfil your hopes to lead your country in a new direction," Romney said before being joined on stage by his wife, Ann; family; and running mate, Paul Ryan, "but the nation chose another leader, and so Ann and I join with you to earnestly pray for him and for this great nation.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-11-07

I am not sure if the American people know what they are in for. This guy has the potential to cripple the world economy, with his failed policies. Quantitative easing is simply a cowards way to deal with tomorrows problem today. It does nothing to address the root causes of the problems, nor does it address the deficit, and this guy has become addicted to deficit spending, like a crack whore is addicted to crack. If the same rate of deficit spending continues, we will be looking at 24 to 25 trillion, by the end of the next four years. How one earth is the US going to address that? What if the countries that are supporting our deficit spending lose faith? What then?

The election is over and Obama has won. Are we going to hear yet another four years of Obama and his supporters blaming Bush?

Starting to sink in and hurt a little bit now, isn't it Chuck?

Congratz America! There are a lot of countries that can only dream they had a president of that caliber.

and that is probably the quote of quotes for this thread.. like him or hate him he's a boat load better than most other leaders in allot of areas

Being the best of a poor bunch isn't a good recommendation! What has he done or delivered to make him "high" calibre the OP eludes too?

He hasn't delivered on many of his promises; although he seems to have the same propensity to lie and get away with it that many leading politicians do.

There seems to be a real lack of high calibre, world statesmen type leaders these days. Hope he really achieves some good in his second term, but I expect 4 more years of the same.

Well the American people are going to get what they deserve for being ignorant!

I think they got what they deserve for NOT being ignorant.

They asked questions of Romney and he failed to answer them.

The GOP are going to have to find a different way to win over the electorate, one that doesn't involve lying and stealing.

So you are saying OBAMA does not lie.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Well, politician, y'know?biggrin.png

If you are a small business owner like me who had 3 in the USA and had to close one and cut back 60% of employees on the other 2 since Obama has become president this is a disaster. I will now sell the other 2 even if I take a loss and open businesses here in Thailand. I just can't keep paying the high taxes, with personal and company income tax it is well above 50%. Insurance for employees has gone up 20 percent in the past 2 years.

The main problem other than tax and insurance is the low interest rate and QE. I cannot get loans to expand my businesses because the rate is so low banks are investing in equities and not loaning money for small businesses to expand. The second is with QE the dollar is weaker so employees want higher wages as the cost of living keeps going up.

America just voted to kill small business and the hard working man who wants to be successful with hard work and a dream, what a shame. The new America is looking like hand outs from the government, don't follow your passion and dream for business success as the government will take it from you.

I am not a Romney supporter but anything has to be better for small business owners and those who want to chase their dream to be successful than the current administration.

Randy

Spoken like someone who lives it.

I know as I left the US months ago for the very same reasons.

Mai Bpen Rai

I think you might like it here

Also your money in savings here will earn 12 times what it did there

Edited by mania
  • Like 2

He was setting up the opportunity to blame Romney in his acceptance speech. Then again there are always the conservative talk show hosts and the 50% (give or take) of the Americans that didn't vote for him and are just not cooperating with his programs and voted in (again) a very uncooperative House of Representatives. A rich field of potential excuses for the future.

At least he didn't bring up any "47%". Current numbers are a million more votes for Obama than Romney. So that's "50% (give or take) that didn't vote for him".

Nobody can deny he is a great orator. Debater? Mixed.

In any case, I really don't think inviting Romney to a meeting was a good move. I don't think that is normal, to invite a loser with no position or role anymore. Better to invite the republican leaders from the house and senate. The republicans with actual POSITIONS.

Of course if Romney had won that would be different. They would have had to meet to work on the transition.

BTW, do you think Romney will even accept that invite? It sounds like it would be a very HUMILIATING, emotionally crushing experience for him. On a human level Romney was clearly obsessed with being president. Meeting Obama would be rubbing it in that his main goal in life totally failed, just like his Daddy. I mean the poor man can't even have a good cry in his beer!

Your reading to much into it JT. Just being polite.

If you are a small business owner like me who had 3 in the USA and had to close one and cut back 60% of employees on the other 2 since Obama has become president this is a disaster. I will now sell the other 2 even if I take a loss and open businesses here in Thailand. I just can't keep paying the high taxes, with personal and company income tax it is well above 50%. Insurance for employees has gone up 20 percent in the past 2 years.

The main problem other than tax and insurance is the low interest rate and QE. I cannot get loans to expand my businesses because the rate is so low banks are investing in equities and not loaning money for small businesses to expand. The second is with QE the dollar is weaker so employees want higher wages as the cost of living keeps going up.

America just voted to kill small business and the hard working man who wants to be successful with hard work and a dream, what a shame. The new America is looking like hand outs from the government, don't follow your passion and dream for business success as the government will take it from you.

I am not a Romney supporter but anything has to be better for small business owners and those who want to chase their dream to be successful than the current administration.

Randy

Are you going to do better on getting loans here?

Actually I am already over it.

Even though I AM an American, unlike many of our more vocal members, I have learned after many, many presidential elections that the best man doesn't always win.

• Like 2

I thought the best part of his speech (which I hadn't heard before), was saying about the 4 hour lines for voting, "we're going to have to fix that". How disgraceful is this voting system, if ever something needed canning it is the decentralisation of methods of voting and a uniform voting system for the entire country put into place.

States, counties, families too. Districts not so much given that the Republicans got to re-district them. ;)

Obama did well with women, mothers, Hispanics, younger voters.

Romney got 101% of the angry, old white male vote. The older ones forgot they voted in the morning so voted again before their 4:30 PM dinner, hence the 101%. laugh.png

My choice would have been Ron Paul ; but he is not the yes man the GOP republicans wanted .

Romney has no mainstream US political experience ; it was never clear that he had any policies for governing the USA .

Romney failed to answer crucial questions , like showing all his tax payment , or where he stood on abortion .

My opinion of Romney is that he desparately wantd to be Mr President , no matter what that implied .

The US does not need a president with no experience , who will be the yes man to corporate power .

Obama is a fairly dreadful president , but after 4yrs you know where you are with him .

" Better The Devil You Know Than The One You Don't " !

But he's still a 'Devil', No? You say he's a 'fairly dreadful' president. I'd hate to know what you consider to be 'absolutely dreadful'. Anyway, if he actually is dreadful, then he was re-election material, to an ignorant electorate.

Even though I AM an American, unlike many of our more vocal members, I have learned after many, many presidential elections that the best man doesn't always win.

So true. George W., Reagan, Nixon ... definitely the best man doesn't always win.

David

Randy

Are you going to do better on getting loans here?

Yes I just came bank from visiting UOB and K bank and because I have larger deposits, no worries. I don't need the money now but if I want to expand in the future they see my success in the past (I have been living here for 23 years) I am treated like a good customer. I also have a good amount of gold I bought several years ago and equities in the NYSE. The equities I will sell in Jan. as the market will rise in the short term then should fall. I will then transfer to Thai and other Asean equities as this is should be the hottest area in the world as unemployment is around 1% and and GDP growing with growth in 2013 about 9% in Asean on regional spending.

Randy

I thought how you organise voting is for each state to decide, not a federal matter?

Randy

Spoken like someone who lives it.

I know as I left the US months ago for the very same reasons.

Mai Bpen Rai

I think you might like it here

Also your money in savings here will earn 12 times what it did there

I have been living here for 23 years and my family in the USA thought I was crazy, not any more as they have lost their businesses last year.

Not only savings but equities and gold.

• Like 2

Apologies, I didn't realise the concept of free speech and having opinion was restricted to citizens of the greatest country in the world TM . But, that is beside the point. I have American clients, so America's success is kind of mine as well.

Randy

Spot on! The reality is there is very little difference from the Obama/Democrat pack and the Shinawatra/Pheu Thai pack. Both have perfected the use of taxpayer money for the legal buying of votes. They have it down to a science and it's worked well for both. Tons of posters here yap and yap about the "terrible" school tablets, Rice-Pledging program, etc, etc. The Shinawatra/Pheu Thai team gained power and will keep in power with it here in Thailand. Obama and the Democrats have just demonstrated how well it works in the US.

• Like 1

So happy to be an American again! I was telling everyone I was Canadian when Bush was in office. This is a divided nation. So much fake hatred and manufactured outrage while Obama was in his first term. I hope the other side can take a chill pill and let the man get things done.

Congratulations to USA!!! Very happy to see Obama re-elected!!

You would not say that if you still lived there.

Obama is a MONET WASTER.

coffee1.gifcoffee1.gifcoffee1.gifcoffee1.gif

Oh YES I would say that. Obama's so called money wasting is the only way forward to create employment and kick start the economy, not carefully injecting funds into the economy will just stagnate and kill off what little hope of recovery there is, read up on Keynes it will explain it all if you do not already know that.. Romney would maybe have not "wasted" your money but he would have ensured the wealthy and elite continue to steal your money and that from the poor and middle income families. I would rather have someone "wasting" my money on schemes that at least should in the end benefit me and the majority of ordinary folk, than to have money "stolen" from me to keep it exclusively amongst Romney's rich elitist greedy and selfish friends as would have for sure happened..

Great news indeed and give me some faith back in the USA having some common sense and intelligence. Well done US citizens, we can all breath a sigh of relief now for far more chance of US and World stability and safety..

Now we have several years for the American people to form their very OWN non right wing peoples' party of the true centre or even centre left. Neither Socialist nor Capitalist extremists, which surely we have all had enough of by now, but a new political force that is honourable and sensible and that really believes in people as well as investment. It does need those folk in the USA who truly are capable and passionate enough to get such a movement started ASAP as time has a habit of running out of course and we really NEED a new peoples' choice candidate and political party at the next US presidential election, surely that should be obvious to see..

Remember MONEY is there as a tool and to help folk to manage their lives and was invented to prevent the pre-money days of difficult bartering, Money was NEVER intended to be our master as it has become at our peril and just for the benefit of just a few percentage elitist fat cats who want the power to be able to control us all . I believe in true people and not in money which is purely a practical way to help folk live and manage their lives easily and that is why we really NEED a new people's political force truly of the centre / centre left that will not tow the line that the real power rich elitist meglomaniacs fat the very top appear to force on the traditional two parties and all of us.. The World's people need to stand up and be counted and make sure we all know that it is PEOPLE that award power through the ballot box and truly NOT MONEY that only gives dictatorial unelected power to the bully boys and selfish elitists.

So this is surely a great day for common sense and a hope for real ordinary people in the USA and the World too. They said no to the destructive extremist right wing (there is no extremist left wing in the USA remember) and that gives us some real hope of a movement to the true centre. Obama is no saviour though and of course there can be no guarantees he will solve all the problems, in fact most unlikely that he will as we all feel whichever party gets in they will have to tow the line to the <deleted> at the top of the power chain that control us all in the World.. But as I always said at least he is the hugely better and more intelligent sensible choice of the two candidates the USA had to choose from.. But the relief is that Romney rightfully got nowhere near the Whitehouse in the end as that would have indeed truly spelled total disaster for us all. Might even open a bottle of good Whiskey to celebrate Romney's well deserved failure.

• Like 1