Faster Internet In Thailand Does Not Mean Faster International Speed

shariq607

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have 2 new TP Link modems on two different ADSL lines. After visits from 18 different TOT people they did not seem to think that my modem was an issue.

It's not necessarily that there is anything wrong with your modem. Reading between the lines of your previous posts, I'm guessing the "card" that you refer to TOT changing is actually the local DSLAM. Just like modems, there are many different brands/models of DSLAMs and sometimes a particular model of ADSL modem is not compatible with a particular DSLAM. You can buy a different modem/router for less than a thousand Baht and that may solve your problem. However, before doing that it would be a good idea to look at the ADSL statistics page on the modems GUI because that will give a good indication of whether there are line problems between your modem and the DSLAM.

The constant disconnects you refer to are almost certainly a local problem which needs to be solved. The (lack of) international bandwidth is a completely different issue but it could be that solving the local problem will improve your local speed (ADSL sync rate) and therefore improve overall connection speed.

I'm not familiar with the GUI on TP-Link modems so can't tell you exactly the page you need to get the statistics from but it will be something like STATUS / STATISTICS / ADSL.

Another possible fix could be simply upgrading the firmware of the TP-Link modems. Have you tried that?