Pepsimax Cans Disappearing Quickly

Mekong Bob

I noticed that in my local 7 there is no Pepsi Max. I usually prefer Diet Coke, Pepsi Max is a fine alternative but I don't particularly like Coke Zero. I drink it if the other two aren't available. Never drink the full fat stuff. Does anyone know why Pepsi Max is less available and what is this EST stuff?

Read in detail about Pepsi and they have now bought into Thailand, so will be no need for a bottling Company, as American Pepsi themselves with be here, so will be same as Coke here they will own the Company......... Cannot find in English is detail but can get the idea from here http://www.nationmultimedia.com/business/PepsiCo-to-invest-$600mn-in-Thailand-30192995.html

http://www.nationmul...t-30193061.html

It could be June before we see Pepsi Max.

the nationmul article stated

"

Pepsi-Cola, the flagship beverage brand of PepsiCo, will be available from the new plant in PET bottles from November 2, with full production of PET bottles and cans to be under way by June next year"

It also stated they would have 8 production lines where as the other web site said 6..

Also both articles said that they were going to do away with the glass bottles. I was unaware of glass bottles for Pepsi Cola here in Thailand..

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coke Zero is my first choice, but Coke Light is good too. I see little difference in taste between these products and the kind with sugar.

One of the worst things for arthritis is consumption of any carbonated beverage. Then look into what apartame or saccharin do to your brain. I know you already are aware of the ten teaspoons of sugar in each can of regular coke and all the good that brings your health...have a groovy day George.

I noticed that in my local 7 there is no Pepsi Max. I usually prefer Diet Coke, Pepsi Max is a fine alternative but I don't particularly like Coke Zero. I drink it if the other two aren't available. Never drink the full fat stuff. Does anyone know why Pepsi Max is less available and what is this EST stuff?

Read in detail about Pepsi and they have now bought into Thailand, so will be no need for a bottling Company, as American Pepsi themselves with be here, so will be same as Coke here they will own the Company......... Cannot find in English is detail but can get the idea from here http://www.nationmultimedia.com/business/PepsiCo-to-invest-$600mn-in-Thailand-30192995.html

http://www.nationmul...t-30193061.html

It could be June before we see Pepsi Max.

the nationmul article stated

"

Pepsi-Cola, the flagship beverage brand of PepsiCo, will be available from the new plant in PET bottles from November 2, with full production of PET bottles and cans to be under way by June next year"

It also stated they would have 8 production lines where as the other web site said 6..

Also both articles said that they were going to do away with the glass bottles. I was unaware of glass bottles for Pepsi Cola here in Thailand..

OMG !!!!!!!!! June ?????!!!!!! JUNE ?????!!!!!!!! w00t.gif

Where do I get my fix ?!!!

One suspects that the people who used to punch up cigarettes with nicotine have switched industries!

Last night on the way home popped into Big C Mini for milk......... as always looked for Pepsi max or Coke Zero....... No coke of any kind......

Staff were filling the selves and drinks fridge with Pepsi Max cans..... the only other fizzy drinks were that dreadful EST in 1 lt bottles and in cans and a notice 'Special price' 10 baht per can...

maybe Pepsi is coming back sooner ?

Last night on the way home popped into Big C Mini for milk......... as always looked for Pepsi max or Coke Zero....... No coke of any kind......

Staff were filling the selves and drinks fridge with Pepsi Max cans..... the only other fizzy drinks were that dreadful EST in 1 lt bottles and in cans and a notice 'Special price' 10 baht per can...

maybe Pepsi is coming back sooner ?

Well one can hope and from their article with 8 as against 6 bottling lines they will be big time.

Had to laugh at the posters telling all the things they can do to you. I should have died 10 years ago according to them. But here I am at 70 going strong and planing on sticking around for a lot longer.

But I do have to give them some credit they deliver comic relief in are time of need.wai2.gif

You can't get a fix of poisonous Pepsi? Maybe God is looking after you, steering you away from that crap. In a land full of cheap, delicious and nurtitious juices why would anyone but that evil sh*t?

I too think it is <deleted>, however i feel no need to preach the obvious.

May i ask why you and others making similar 'contributions' feel the need to chime in in this manner?

I suspect it is less out of a concern for the health of others than out of a need to feel superior.

Edited by tinfoilhat
  • Like 1

Coke Zero is my first choice, but Coke Light is good too. I see little difference in taste between these products and the kind with sugar.

One of the worst things for arthritis is consumption of any carbonated beverage. Then look into what apartame or saccharin do to your brain. I know you already are aware of the ten teaspoons of sugar in each can of regular coke and all the good that brings your health...have a groovy day George.

It is incredible how many lethal additives in our foods we consume these days, compared with 50 years ago when they were next to non-existing.

Strange enough, people life expectancy is much older than 50 years ago.

• Like 2

It is incredible how many lethal additives in our foods we consume these days, compared with 50 years ago when they were next to non-existing.

Right. And the main cause for that development is progress in medical care and drugs that can sustain life longer after people's 'best before' date.

In Rayong, Pepsi and Pepsi Max appeared to be absent for a few days but stock of both today at Lotus and BigC.

This is new stock (ie not bottled by Serm Suk) and also noticed that bottles were 1.45 litre, not 1.5 as before, same price though. whistling.gif

May not be in your area but shows Pepsi is producing and getting it out of the factory.

I have one bottle left of old stock Pepsi Max it is 1.25 liters. Coke Zero is the same size.

Previously (under Serm Suk) 1.25 and 1.5 sizes were available. Same for Coke and Pepsi.

Never seen 1.5 L bottles in Thailand, Only 1.25 and 2 liter.

Right. And the main cause for that development is progress in medical care and drugs that can sustain life longer after people's 'best before' date.

I not gonna disspute that medical knowledge has made great progress in the past 50 years, but if all the hoaxes about toxic additives in our food would be true, I believe our " best before date " would be somewhere in our late thirties.
  • Like 1

No more Pepsi Max in Thailand and no more Twinkies in America. What is the world coming to? shock1.gif

Isn't it weird......... how the world balances out........ America has a lot of Pepsi Max and Thailand has a lots of Twinkies.....

But more to the point... the Super Hwy has lots of Coke products and yesterday evening I even picked up a case of Beer Lao dark which I have never seen there before.....

Its my understanding that Beer Lao Dark goes great with white meat Turkey Dinner, and Beer Lao light goes well with the dark meat..... Be doing a test on Thursday and will advise

G

. . . and which Makro, pray tell, was stocking PepsiMax in cans?

Last night did a big shop at Makro............ many pallets of Pepsi Maxi in cans.......... No Coca Cola of any kind.

Read Post 49.. no need to re-post as only 3 post ago.

The wife just came home from Tesco Lotus on the super highway with 14 bottles of 1.45 liter Pepsi Max bottles. She says she got them all no more left.

It looks like they have their Thailand bottlers up and running or coming from Viet Nam but these are plastic bottles.

The wife just came home from Tesco Lotus on the super highway with 14 bottles of 1.45 liter Pepsi Max bottles. She says she got them all no more left.

It looks like they have their Thailand bottlers up and running or coming from Viet Nam but these are plastic bottles.

Does this qualify you as a junkie?!

• Like 1

What is it with supply of drinks in this country. I can understand it during floods etc, but seriously, what is their problem? Why can't they keep the shops in constant supply?

It will all be back to normal in fact even better.

Pepsi did not renew their contract with the Thai bottler here.They only had 6 lines going. Pepsi is doing their own bottling now and will have 8 lines bottling. As soon as they get caught up and the supply steady the Pepsi fans will come back and there will be more Coke a Cola available. Many of us drank Coke Zero instead when we could get it.

What is it with supply of drinks in this country. I can understand it during floods etc, but seriously, what is their problem? Why can't they keep the shops in constant supply?

Pepsi did not renew their contract with the Thai bottler here.They only had 6 lines going. Pepsi is doing their own bottling now and will have 8 lines bottling. As soon as they get caught up and the supply steady the Pepsi fans will come back and there will be more Coke a Cola available. Many of us drank Coke Zero instead when we could get it.

I don't think Whybother's point was regarding Pepsi.

Try to find Coca Cola products at the moment, in the Pattaya area they are very scarce.I travelled 6 hypermarkets within a 30 km radius to find big bottles Coke Zero.

And this is an occurrence which repeats itself every 2 months.

Sugar free drinks or light products are almost a sought after item ever since the floods 1 year ago.

Only one week ago at Makro Pattaya there was not a single 1.25L bottle available of ANY fizzing softdrink.

• Like 1

Makes you wonder if management at Coke Cola follow the new, watch TV or ever read papers ?

Everyone knows about Pepsi, so if you cannot get Pepsi then people go for 2nd option Coke, yet for past 2 weeks have not seen any Coke Zero, and most places have NO normal Coke..

So makes you wonder about Coke + Management, common scene surly would say let up/ double production ??

There again maybe common scene is not a requirement to run Coke Thailand ?

• Like 1

I don't think Whybother's point was regarding Pepsi.

Try to find Coca Cola products at the moment, in the Pattaya area they are very scarce.I travelled 6 hypermarkets within a 30 km radius to find big bottles Coke Zero.

And this is an occurrence which repeats itself every 2 months.

Sugar free drinks or light products are almost a sought after item ever since the floods 1 year ago.

Only one week ago at Makro Pattaya there was not a single 1.25L bottle available of ANY fizzing softdrink.

Like I said earlier Pepsi is setting up there own plant with 25% more bottling ability. The wife scored some yesterday and they were in 1.45 liter bottles. Once Pepsi gets there act going full boar I think you will no longer see the Coke shortages.

My only hope is they will get there act together. Back in Canada and the states I saw them bring out many fine flavbors only to drop them after a month or two. I do not profess to know what is true or not true but I do believe the pop division is just a smal part of a very big organization.

But it is strange I got through the whole shortage last year with out lowering my consumption. I just bought every thing they had when I saw it. Mind you walking lets you see inside the store better than driving by. The small ma and pa markets seemed to have it the longest

edit It was Pepsi Max she scored.

Edited by hellodolly