Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet A Good Girl Here In Thailand?

SiameseCurios

....... if you are a working class retiree with the charm of a builder, a frame of a sumo, and your hairline has disappeared to the back of your head, and you want a University educated 22 year old gf who fawns around you like her world is suddenly complete........

dont speak thai and met a nice girl, been married for a few years and have children now, never had a cross word.

again i dont speak thai, she is well educated and speaks english.

why learn thai, no need, i have no use for it, im an aussie.

So you two know each other then? .......555

what do you mean.

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It does seem that there are 3 common themes recurring among this type of post in recent times namely:

1) No one has a chance of getting a woman outside of a bar if they are over 30

2) No one has a chance of getting a woman outside of a bar if they are over 30 and don't speak any Thai

3) No one has a chance of getting a woman outside of a bar if they are over 30 and lack some of the social graces expected of them.

I don't think you need a degree in rocket science to work out that maybe they are all from the same source....

to thailand 2012

if my wife did not speak fluent english i would not have gone near her.

her family speak english so why should i learn.

you can and i respect that, but dont judge others and call them stupid for not wanting to learn thai, screw the thai language, learn it for what.

you say to get respect, if they only respect me for that they can kiss my ass.

im not kissing no ass, Im aussie not thai.

Now you are just embarrassing yourself.

What does being an "Aussie" have to do with not learning Thai if you live in Thailand?

Clearly you cannot do much for yourself and are heavily reliant on your wife if you cannot speak Thai.

yes well said i only subscribed to his post because im an aussie as well and he is embarassing all good aussies on here.With an attitude like that chonk dee na.

It does seem that there are 3 common themes recurring among this type of post in recent times namely:

2) No one has a chance of getting a woman outside of a bar if they are over 30 and don't speak any Thai

3) No one has a chance of getting a woman outside of a bar if they are over 30 and lack some of the social graces expected of them.

I don't think you need a degree in rocket science to work out that maybe they are all from the same source....

and what if the girl is highly educated and speaks english, im talking very highly educated.

or are you 3 rules aimed at the majority because they certainly cannot apply to all.

so now you assume i dont have thai interests because i dont want thai lessons.

I speak a little, stuff all as i believe you all probably do but dont admit.

i competed for years in muay thai, thats why i have been in thailand more often then i can remember, not for short periods either.

i also study muay boran and krabi krabong.

i have a thai wife, half thai children.

worked in thailand in the past, sorry if my interest in thai are not up to your standards changmaikelly.

I think all that stuff is great and I commend your admiration for women from Issan. I like women from Issan too. And I don't have any standards of Thai ness. My children all speak at least 4 different languages. My parents spoke two. I struggle with two or three. It seems such a waste not to take advantage of the easy opportunity to speak another language because of your wife and children speaking it. It's your loss.

I don't capitalize god because I am an atheist. My fault for assuming you were sending a message by your writing. Sorry.wai2.gif

Problem isn't with the girls, the problem is with you guys.

I'm in my 20s, fit, learning thai, and got enough cash to look after myself and have a good time. I have to beat the good girls off with a stick in Thailand.

I always laugh when I see some fat retired guy who doesn't have $2 to rub together complaining that he can't find a "good" girl.

How many fat retired guys who don't have $2 to rub together have complained to you? And where you that you talked to them about finding women?

Plenty in this forum.

It's not at all "nearly impossible", in fact IMO much easier than it is back home, but most people are lazy and don't think ahead about what's at stake when they start out in the relationship.

I also think alcohol is a part of the problem.

I don't think alcohol is part of the problem, I think it is most of the problem. Especially in Scotland where I come from.
  • Like 1

to thailand 2012

if my wife did not speak fluent english i would not have gone near her.

her family speak english so why should i learn.

you can and i respect that, but dont judge others and call them stupid for not wanting to learn thai, screw the thai language, learn it for what.

you say to get respect, if they only respect me for that they can kiss my ass.

im not kissing no ass, Im aussie not thai.

Having had to deal with many Europeans who came to live in Australia in the '70's and experiencing the "no speaka da English" and "No understandi", from people who had been living in the country for 5+ years, I remember how frustrating it was.

My attitude eventually became,if someone wants to LIVE in Oz and makes no attempt to learn English, I'm not going to bother to try and communicate with them.

Attempt being the key word.

If you are going to LIVE in Thailand, surely it's just politeness to try to be able to speak a little bit of the language.

im sorry, is this the expat forum, i spend most of my time in Australia.

this should be called the assumption forum.

Don't understand that comment, I live & work in Thailand.The point I was trying to make was that I resented foreigners coming to my country and not trying to make a bit of an effort to communicate in the local language.

For what it's worth I have made the effort to learn the language due to that fact. My Thai is now so good I think I will have mastered it completely by June 2100. biggrin.png

Dress well, take pride in your appearance, be self confident, financially stable, don't cheat on them and be drunk every day, etc

I had more fun when i was drunk every day and wore a t-shirt,

incidentally i was also lover to a hi-so thai-chinese chick

Another bullxxxt thread about meeting good Thai women. No idea why some people are so obsessed with the subject. Women are the same the world over and you can meet them here doing exactly the same things you would do at home.

What is a "good woman " anyway ? My current girlfriend has dark skin, a tattoo, loves her whiskey and does not use any of that whitening nonsense, you can all decide where we met and what her job is whistling.gif

nobody wants to admit that they married a bar girl,my last 3 gf's have been bgirls i havent married 1 because i dont live in thailand,well not yet anyway and if i was to meet a bar girl and have a long time relationship so be it,i dont care what anyone thinks i frequent bars quite often so were am i going to meet my girl?? every guy on here states in the first sentence i didnt meet my ladie in a bar bs,who cares as long as your happy shit i have spent 3-4 months a year in thailand for the last 6-7 years and have im sure as much partners i thai as any bg i have meet the past is the past.

Clueless !!

• Like 1

how much thai do you speak dlock? do you read Thai?

I speak reasonable Thai.

Do I read Thai? Yes, some.

But where are you going with this?

just generally curious. in real life i meet very few farang who speak thai at any impressive level but on thai visa i see a ton of users talking about being able to speak Thai but i never know what is their definition of speaking thai.

That's a fair point.

I would grade reasonable Thai as being able to hold a conversation on most topics with a native Thai speaker.

I have friends that speak amazing Thai in a business/legal capacity, and it makes me very envious.

find a girl with a descent education that can speak english and or other languages and went abroad to study

PROBLEM SOLVED

if you come here to get a bargirl .... well... you can take the girl out of the bar, but not the bar out of the girl... marry a hooker, don't be surprised you wake up one day without a penny

and what if the girl is highly educated and speaks english, im talking very highly educated.

or are you 3 rules aimed at the majority because they certainly cannot apply to all.

If the girl is highly educated then there is a possibility that she can get a woman outside a bar if she is over 30.

Methinks........................tongue.png

Edit: @ bonobo, sorry, just saw your warning!

@ payak, all in jest

Edited by chrisinth

NOt IMPOSSIBE.

Surely there's one out there

Yeah, maybe there's one or two. But I don't think you'll find them if you go looking. And you'll never find them in tourist areas or places where farangs go.

You meet them when you least expect it.

I disagree with your assumption. How long have you been here?

It seems to me that the vast majority of men who come here exist almost exclusively within certain areas of Pattaya, Phuket and Bangkok, they get a big ego boost from having a slim girl half their age on their arm, good luck to them I say but unfortunately their egos don't let them see it for what it is. I'm sure there are plenty of guys out there who have found happy marriages/relationships with bars but there are countless others who end up penniless going home with their tail between their legs.

There are plenty of educated, professional decent women out there who would love to meet a Foriegn man but they don't hang out in farang bars or on walking street and they're certainly not going to drop their knickers on a first date or probably even within the first 6 months!! They probably won't want to cook, clean and bring you chilled beer 24/7 like some kind of live in slave as they will have their own job...............in short they will be a normal woman!!

You are the expert bro... and apparently in your world, "normal women" don't put out until 6 months later?.. oh boy.

So many experts on Thai Visa on the subject of women. It is hard to keep up.

I didn't profess to be an expert just my opinion!!

The time frame was arbitrary I was merely pointing out that nice women aren't easy, I should have elaborated....most professional, educated, nice respectable Thai women are unlikely to put out just because you've bought them a few drinks. I've seen farangs approach professional English speaking friends of mine who have their own car, house and careers with beautiful pick up lines such as "how much to take you home!" or "how much bar fine? I pay!"

Most nice Thai women are very reserved initially and are unlikely to put out as quickly as a western woman and certainly aren't going to entertain a one night stand!

I know guys who've dated a woman for a few months and finished with the relationship because they weren't getting any, only to complain when the next girl cheats on them or tries to use them as a walking ATM!!

All I'm saying is that if someone is looking for a nice women, then maybe they look somewhere other than the red light areas of Bangkok, Pattaya and Phuket and don't treat women like a piece of meat!

However if you're looking for a brass who keeps her fags and lighter in her cleavage and speaks English with American, British, German, Australian, Nigerian, French mix accent then........fill yer boots and your wallet!!

• Like 2

Most nice Thai women are very reserved initially and are unlikely to put out as quickly as a western woman and certainly aren't going to entertain a one night stand!

Agree with your overall point, but just want to point out that the above is most likely a circular definition of "nice" by your standards.

There are many many modern young Thai women that have never participated in the sex-related industries - my own partial definition of "nice" - that would indeed sleep with someone they fancied as quickly as the girls back home do, and without any need for a commitment, most particularly at the higher end of society, as long as discretion is assured.

However once you get past early twenties, the older they are, the longer that process might take. And especially if you're a farang they would bend over backwards to avoid people getting the wrong impression.

And of course some girls (of any nationality) are just cautious in their gold-digging, so the other part of my definition of "nice girl" has nothing to do with either past sexual history nor length of time to "give it up". And for myself, certainly not income/class/education etc.

• Like 1

Very true. It can take weeks, and sometimes months. If she gives out any earlier than, say, a month or two, ditch her. She's crap.

I know guys who've dated a woman for a few months and finished with the relationship because they weren't getting any, only to complain when the next girl cheats on them or tries to use them as a walking ATM!!

Ha ha. Once again, true.

All I'm saying is that if someone is looking for a nice women, then maybe they look somewhere other than the red light areas of Bangkok, Pattaya and Phuket and don't treat women like a piece of meat!

Better still, avoid ALL WOMEN from tourist areas. I met a Burmese man many years ago.

He said: "never date waitresses or barmaids or any girls working near farangs. They are just the same as prostitutes."

If they don't have tattoos I'm not interested in them. Everybody knows all the best Thai girls have tattoos. They are also highly educated cos they can speak English very well, some even speak some German and Swedish too. Best of all they like to drink, smoke and play pool.

What else could a man ask for? coffee1.gif

All true of course. But you forgot one important virtue that these girls have. At least in the beginning they do. Well, most of them anyway. Hint: begins with b.

I have a farang friend who was dating someone he insists is a good Thai girl. So I approached a Thai lady colleague to ask her what she thought of this "good Thai girl." Before I can even tell her a few things about this girl, my Thai lady colleague said flatout, "good Thai girls don't date farangs." Ouch.

Sounds like she does not think very much of you to make such a comment to your face. smile.png

Many Thais think all farangs are boozy women chasers, here just for cheap sex and spending time with bar girls. They unfortunately stereo type farang in a similar way that some farang stereotype all Thia women.

• Like 1

dont speak thai and met a nice girl, been married for a few years and have children now, never had a cross word.

again i dont speak thai, she is well educated and speaks english.

why learn thai, no need, i have no use for it, im an aussie.

Do you not think it would be beneficial to at least make an effort and learn your wife's language and bring your children up bilingual?! Just because you're an Aussie doesn't mean you don't have to learn Thai. tongue.png

Don't be too hard on Aussies. They are renowned for strangling the english language........ whistling.gif .....so (like the rest of us), they're going to have a hard time with thai.