Mobile Phones And Accessories Tuk Com Pat

infinity11

There are a bunch of shops there.

Who has the best products service and prices from your experience?

More than one would be ideal.

Actually now only need a nokia charger but no harm in asking.

Oh and I don't care for it when you ask if they have something, they dont and they take you somewhere else. You know what i mean? Any suggestions for dealing with these types.

OP, if they don't have what you need and take it from another stall, they usually mark up the price

as a commission to themselves.

OK so you DO know what I am talking about, good.

What is the best and most polite way to say sorry no thank you; or maybe i just answered the q myself. smile.png

Or other ways to deal with that.

OP, if they don't have what you need and take it from another stall, they usually mark up the price

as a commission to themselves.

OK so you DO know what I am talking about, good.

What is the best and most polite way to say sorry no thank you; or maybe i just answered the q myself. smile.png

Or other ways to deal with that.

Depends if it's an expensive item,

check what price they offer to you, then say you'll need to go to the bank and come back later.

Watch where they take it from and return there yourself after a while, and see if the price is

lower at the original stall.

I did this recently with a quote for a replacement touch screen on a mobile phone and saved 1000bt.

• 7 months later...

Now about the battery:

I am sure i posted another thread but i can not find it.

If the battery can not charge sometimes or looses its charge quickly i am assuming it's time to replace the battery.

I think on the other thread there was a discussion about nokia verses generic, with mixed reviews, so i might go for the generic depending on the price difference. Is any one generic brand better than the others?

There are scores if not hundreds of shops at tuk com.

Advice or suggestions on picking the best for products service and price, in regards to replacing the battery and also in general too.

Thanks all.

Edited by infinity11

Be very very careful with phone batteries, some of the cheap imports or even fake brands can and do explode if left on charge. Personally I would not buy a battery from the small stalls in Tuk Com I would go to a real authorised dealer, but hey it's your life. Google fake phone batteries and read some of the horror stories.

• Like 1

When I arrived on march, I needed a charger for my Nokia, whilst waking for my iPhone to be unlocked.

I bought the charger and it worked when they showed me, I went home it stopped working, the next day I went back, and they offered to change it, we checked int he shop again, no problems. I returned home, plugged it in, and again it didn't work.

I returned to the shop for the 3rd time, she saw me an instantly refunded, I ended having to charge my phone, near the stairs, something like 10 baht for 10 minutes.

Try and buy an original. For a Chinese copy about 150 baht, but not worth the hassle

Be very very careful with phone batteries, some of the cheap imports or even fake brands can and do explode if left on charge. Personally I would not buy a battery from the small stalls in Tuk Com I would go to a real authorised dealer, but hey it's your life. Google fake phone batteries and read some of the horror stories.

I might have to google, but by chance are there nokia shosp in pattaya? and where?

How common are the exploding batts and couldn't a nokia explode too?

Edited by infinity11

When I arrived on march, I needed a charger for my Nokia, whilst waking for my iPhone to be unlocked.

I bought the charger and it worked when they showed me, I went home it stopped working, the next day I went back, and they offered to change it, we checked int he shop again, no problems. I returned home, plugged it in, and again it didn't work.

I returned to the shop for the 3rd time, she saw me an instantly refunded, I ended having to charge my phone, near the stairs, something like 10 baht for 10 minutes.

Try and buy an original. For a Chinese copy about 150 baht, but not worth the hassle

I bought a generic charger that has an indicator light that is is on, good, so far no problems.

Your story is so typically thai, i believe it, sounds like they knew it was bad.

Again how common is this?

Edited by infinity11

The cheap Chinese batteries don't last nearly as long as the originals. But of course cost a fraction of the price.

I bought a knock off charger for my iPod a few years ago. It blew up after a week. Black marks on it and on the outlet. Also tripped my breaker. I'm lucky it didn't ruin my iPod. I now only buy original stuff for my expensive electronics. Just not worth the risk.

I'd look in stores like Banana IT or PowerBuy. Be careful of knockoffs that look identical to the real stuff. But you shouldn't have a problem at these stores...or even at Tesco, etc.

http://www.scmp.com/article/599518/phone-batteries-explode-tests

• Like 1

The cheap Chinese batteries don't last nearly as long as the originals. But of course cost a fraction of the price.

I bought a knock off charger for my iPod a few years ago. It blew up after a week. Black marks on it and on the outlet. Also tripped my breaker. I'm lucky it didn't ruin my iPod. I now only buy original stuff for my expensive electronics. Just not worth the risk.

I'd look in stores like Banana IT or PowerBuy. Be careful of knockoffs that look identical to the real stuff. But you shouldn't have a problem at these stores...or even at Tesco, etc.

http://www.scmp.com/article/599518/phone-batteries-explode-tests

Banana IT are great

i bought a video card at Central in Chonburi

it was faulty so took it to Banana in Pattaya tuk com

i had readied myself for an argument but they changed it without a whisper of a problem

even let me pay extra and upgrade to a better/different brand/ model

very refreshing attitude for these parts

i will always use them in future

• Like 1