Where To Buy High Quality Clothes In Bulk? *wholesale*

dolphinasiansunrise

Hi :) I'm new here. I've been thinking of starting my own business selling clothes (normal to plus size outfits)

Where is the best place to buy in bulk in Thailand?

Is it better to buy them in other Asian countries such as Vietnam, Philippines, Cambodia, Laos, China, India, etc?

Any branded factories in Thailand or other places that sell in bulk? They don't necessarily have to be branded clothes. How about undergarments? Where can I find them?

Which one provides better quality? Hope to get some good valid advice. Thank you!

Still lots of clothing industry here but the relative high cost of labor has seen much higher growth in Cambodia et al.

For here, Pratunam market's the place to do your research, probably have to pay people for upstream information but prices there are pretty competitive to get you started.

Fake brands abound, same risks as exporting fake watches.

Still lots of clothing industry here but the relative high cost of labor has seen much higher growth in Cambodia et al.

For here, Pratunam market's the place to do your research, probably have to pay people for upstream information but prices there are pretty competitive to get you started.

Like BigJohn said, Pratunam is a good start. Plus sizes might be hard to find.

Both pratanam and JJ market sells a lot of china + Thai made clothes. Sizes are more likely to be free size and their XL are more like likely to be really a size M back in farangland. As for the material, it will most properly last 1 wash cycle.

Bobae market sells clothes, towels, blankets in bulk. But the quality will be similar to pratunam and jj.

A lot of the retailers/ wholesalers from the above mentioned locations get their better stuff from poi pet. And I guess will be the best choice. You will be stuff similar to those in "export shop" or "xxl for men".

Sent from my XT910 using Thaivisa Connect App

Edited by rics21

Where do those sellers in pratunam get their supply from?

Some of the local factories sell direct to small wholesalers, but most - and all the importers - go through big ones buying container loads at a time, You have to pay them to find out the details.

Do the leg work, it aint easy and takes time to source the right stuff, quality prices etc. Asking on a fourm might give you a geographical area but thats about it. If you dont speak Thai then in most of the markets mentioned as soon as they see your face you'll be in the upper price bracket. You'll be promised the earth but get nowhere fast.

Edited by CharlieH

The OP wasn't talking about quality at all, looking to make money selling not buying to wear themselves.

Lots of people make lots of money selling crap quality, most of the market is targeted toward price, not quality.

Youve got to be kidding.

I bet the only guys making money is the guy selling junk to these wanna be retAIlers!

You've got to be kidding.

I bet the only guys making money is the guy selling junk to these wanna be retAIlers!

You'd be wrong. Some people just want enough money to get by here, not looking for millions.

Sure just as in any economic, sector most startup attempts fail, but I know many people making that kind of money in low-volume import/export, and not working that hard at it either. Knowing the market at both ends is critical, usually best to start in a niche where you've got intimate knowledge from personal interest. You can get started without a big investment, so if you're not depending on success to pay the rent, it's not that risky.

First of all, thanks to all of you for the answers smile.pngclap2.gif

I'll hope along with you.

I think most western textile companies have moved on.

They've moved on? Where to?

I don't want to sell fake stuff. But, which company or person should I pay for information? Can't I get it for free?

Like BigJohn said, Pratunam is a good start. Plus sizes might be hard to find.

So, Pratunam is good for normal sizes...hmm..I wonder where in Asia provide wholesale plus size clothes? Maybe Korea?

Both pratanam and JJ market sells a lot of china + Thai made clothes. Sizes are more likely to be free size and their XL are more like likely to be really a size M back in farangland. As for the material, it will most properly last 1 wash cycle.

Bobae market sells clothes, towels, blankets in bulk. But the quality will be similar to pratunam and jj.

A lot of the retailers/ wholesalers from the above mentioned locations get their better stuff from poi pet. And I guess will be the best choice. You will be stuff similar to those in "export shop" or "xxl for men".

Sent from my XT910 using Thaivisa Connect App

Where can I find high quality clothes in bulk but with cheap prices? Maybe HK?

Lots of African buyers come here, probably be open to selling you some strategic information at rock-bottom prices, maybe hire a guide for the day for say B2,000.

Where can I find a reliable guide for 2,000 bhat?

Where are you planning to sell and how ? Net or shop in Thailand and where ? If a shop just one shop ? What kind of style/fashion ?

I'm not going to sell in Thailand. Style/Fashion: General (normal and plus size clothes). I think I'll start an online shop first.

You'd be wrong. Some people just want enough money to get by here, not looking for millions.

You can get started without a big investment, so if you're not depending on success to pay the rent, it's not that risky.

You're right, I'm not looking forward to make millions

It's not risky because I'm just doing it part-time and most probably, online

> They've moved on? Where to?

Cambodia and Vietnam have seen a lot of growth lately, maybe Laos? Mainland China of course.

I don't want to sell fake stuff. But, which company or person should I pay for information? Can't I get it for free?

I don't know. You don't live here huh. 8-)

Most business-people here treat their knowledge as strategic secrets, why would they share it with a stranger, they're in business to make a profit and profits come from having a knowledge advantage over the people you're doing business with.

It's very very hard for foreigners to identify decent vendors even for things we consider basic necessities. Buying an oven suitable for baking bread in a condo can take a week of running around town on the back of motorbike taxis, and you end up paying a lot of money for a piece of crap.

>> Lots of African buyers come here, probably be open to selling you some strategic information at rock-bottom prices, maybe hire a guide for the day for say B2,000.

> Where can I find a reliable guide for 2,000 bhat?

Reliable might be stretching things, you should have enough knowledge of your business so you don't have to take anything on trust, you'll get robbed blind.

Short answer - walking around the market and getting to know people, probably doable within a few months of living here, much easier if you live here permanently and learn Thai.

So, Pratunam is good for normal sizes...hmm..I wonder where in Asia provide wholesale plus size clothes?

Where can I find high quality clothes in bulk but with cheap prices?

"Plus sizes" for western markets would be designed and special-ordered by international companies direct from factories here. There's no local market for such local sizes, so even clothing manufactured in Asia often gets re-imported from the west to be retailed to expats here.

Just like plus sizes, high quality products are made to order by foreign brands, and usually not sold through local channels, the whole market here competes mostly on price except for maybe some speciality hand-made craft goods.

Sometimes it is possible to bribe the local staff of the contracting factory to sell black-market "extra runs" of clothing they're making for the international customer, but that would take some doing and you say you don't want to do dodgy stuff.

Sometimes what may seem to be decent copies at the local markets are actually made at the same factory as the exported brand, but may be identifiable as grey-market if you were to try to import back home.

I sure hope you're doing more thorough research from authoritative sources than just posting on TV.com!

Edited by BigJohnnyBKK

JJ is not the place to go, its too expensive. Pratunam and Bobe are OK

Agreed, OT but JJ's a good place for secondhand castoffs from the backpacker crowd and retro or crafty stuff as opposed to the standard factory fare. Good place for tourist nick-nacks, some furniture, fake antiques, plant and animal goods all kinds of non-clothes stuff. But try to get there early and get out by 1pm, way too hot and claustrophobic for me even by noon in high season.

For individual shoppers, the night market around Memorial Bridge (Saphan Phut) has good deals, especially well patronized by young women, much better place to send your teerak with her quarterly clothes allowance than the air-conditioned malls.

Not to mention a great hunting ground for those elusive "nice girls" if you don't mind city-bred 8-)