Pitak Siam Boss Vows Anti-Govt Mega-Rally

Lite Beer

Pitak Siam boss vows anti-govt mega-rally

The Nation on Sunday

30194079-01_big.jpg

Boonlert

BANGKOK: -- Pitak Siam group chief General Boonlert Kaewprasit yesterday vowed to mobilise up to 1 million supporters nationwide to join an anti-government rally on November 24.

Speaking at the Nang Lerng horseracing track, Boonlert said he called a meeting of 100 repre?sentatives of networks nationwide to discuss a mega-rally to be held for two days and one night on November 24. The meeting was joined by former National Assembly member Prasong Soonsiri.

The group discussed the government's failures before announcing its declaration to call a major rally in a final attempt to oust it.

Boonlert denied that the group's rally had any?thing to do with the planned censure motion. He said the government should not link the rally with the censure debate.

Democrat Party spokesman Chavanond Intarakomalyasut said the government must be held responsible if there is a clash between pro- and anti-government rallies. He was referring to a move by General Chaiyasit Shinawatra to lead led some 40 Pre-Cadet Academy graduates to oppose the Pitak Siam group rally.

He said Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra had options for solving the country's problems, but she had closed all channels and avoided answering questions in the House.

Pheu Thai Party deputy spokesman Jirayu Huangsab said a poll conducted by the party showed that people were willing to rally against the Pitak Siam group. However, the party does not believe it is a good idea, as rallies of two opposing sides may contribute to clashes, which the military could then cite as grounds for staging a coup.

Meanwhile, Noppadon Pattama, fugitive former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra's legal adviser, denied the Democrats' claim that Thaksin visited Myanmar to discuss business investments in Dawei with Myanmar President General Thein Sein.

He said Thaksin had travelled from Singapore to an African country.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-11-11

• Like 1

I just love the way these 'contracts' seem to always be in billions - it just rolls off the tongue. I guess missing a few zero's into someones pocket with then have little or no impact? Endemic and rife irrespective of the party, seems the best job in town is a politician...

Haven't these people got any feeling for the well being of thier country rather than thier own selfish interests

"These people" being who? Pitak Siam is as entitled to protest the government as was the Red Shirt Group. This is one of the inconveniences of democracy we call freedom of speech.

Hopefully General Boonlert and his colleagues won't call for the destruction of Bangkok.

• Like 2

Haven't these people got any feeling for the well being of thier country rather than thier own selfish interests

Who are talking about? General Chaiyasit Shinawatra? I doubt he has got feelings for anyone outside his group of family and business cronies.

And I think everyone should respect people's rights to peacefully protest against massive corruption, theft and tyranny, not just meekly accept being told to shut .... up and accept it.

To whom are you referring Siam Pitak Group, Puea Thai Party or the Red Shirt Group?

Regardless, it's what democracy offers.

My post covers both sides of the fence.Look at comments attributed to both sides and recent history shows that what is being proposed is not the answer.My concern is for the country as a whole,not either side of the fence Edited by Ron19
  • Like 2

Who are talking about? General Chaiyasit Shinawatra? I doubt he has got feelings for anyone outside his group of family and business cronies.

And I think everyone should respect people's rights to peacefully protest against massive corruption, theft and tyranny, not just meekly accept being told to shut .... up and accept it.

...by calling for a coup....

My sentiments exactly.

I'm seriously concerned for Boonlerts safety, red shirts will do more than pass out his phone number or block his access to a meeting. He should organize a security force..........wait, that has already been done before. Does anyone know where he can rent some black shirts?

I don't know if I would be that courageous if I had cancer, I would rather it be cut out as quickly as possible and increase my survival probability.

Bad example!

Following what you say, they aleady cut out the "cancer" with a coup in 2006!

It came back!

They cut it out again!

It came back!

They cut it out by blocking airports...and got a bad cholera....and then they had elections and the cancer was back again!

Keep cutting and there will be nothing left one day!

Quote:

Meanwhile, Noppadon Pattama, fugitive former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra's legal adviser, denied the Democrats' claim that Thaksin visited Myanmar to discuss business investments in Dawei with Myanmar President General Thein Sein.

He said Thaksin had travelled from Singapore to an African country.

Didn't this spin merchant say that Thaksin met Thein Sein just a few days ago?

Also, as far as cutting out the cancer goes, it hasn't been finished. This country will only move up the economic development chain when a serious effort is made to start eradicating corruption in a top-down exercise. A major start would be to remove the power one totally corrupt family weilds in the current so-called democratic set-up. Gen Boonlert may not be the one to succeed but there are others ready to continue his start.

There's a horse race track!?

Yes. It's called The Royal Dusit Turf Club & includes The Royal Dusit Golf Club.

Apparently i have been living in a spider hole. Can you bet at this track? This is a real live track like the Kentucky Derby? With horses?

I don't know if I would be that courageous if I had cancer, I would rather it be cut out as quickly as possible and increase my survival probability.

Bad example!

Following what you say, they aleady cut out the "cancer" with a coup in 2006!

It came back!

They cut it out again!

It came back!

They cut it out by blocking airports...and got a bad cholera....and then they had elections and the cancer was back again!

Keep cutting and there will be nothing left one day!

Or the alternative - finally realising it wasn't cancerous in the first place, just a wrong diagnosis and approach to treatment?

Edited by Sanctimonious

There's a horse race track!?

Yes. It's called The Royal Dusit Turf Club & includes The Royal Dusit Golf Club.

Apparently i have been living in a spider hole. Can you bet at this track? This is a real live track like the Kentucky Derby? With horses?

It's interesting to go see but all the races are supposedly fixed and it has a rather scummy appearance.

Democrat Party spokesman Chavanond Intarakomalyasut said the government must be held responsible if there is a clash between pro- and anti-government rallies.

Looks like this XXXXXX moron has forgotten about the government snipers two and a half years ago.

Edited by metisdead
: Gutter profanity removed.

Pitak Siam group chief General Boonlert Kaewprasit yesterday vowed to mobilise up to 1 million supporters nationwide to join an anti-government rally on November 24.

It will be interesting to see how close they can get to 1 million without paying for attendees. I agree with the sentiment, this corrupt government of criminals for the criminal, needs to have boundaries set and should be transparent in actions. However, I dont agree that it should be overthrown in an undemocratic manner.

Edited by waza

What's this guys problem? PTP won a democratic election by a landslide, that's democracy!

It must be my turn again.

PTP won an election through bribery (little envelopes) and unachievable promises.

Look up democracy in any dictionary (not the red cover editions) I doubt that the definition of the word will contain the phrase above.

• Like 2

What's this guys problem? PTP won a democratic election by a landslide, that's democracy!

PTP won an election through bribery (little envelopes) and unachievable promises.

Look up democracy in any dictionary (not the red cover editions) I doubt that the definition of the word will contain the phrase above.

but the ptp won fair and square according to Thai standards AND international observers - so what does that say about your post... are you speaking the truth or .... not?

Hint, I think you are talking nonsense. Red covered nonsense aside...

• Like 2

but the ptp won fair and square according to Thai standards AND international observers - so what does that say about your post... are you speaking the truth or .... not?

Hint, I think you are talking nonsense. Red covered nonsense aside...

Hint, on your C.V. don't talk about your observational skills.

Democrat Party spokesman Chavanond Intarakomalyasut said the government must be held responsible if there is a clash between pro- and anti-government rallies.

Looks like this frickin moron has forgotten about the government snipers two and a half years ago.

Have you forgotten that there weren't clashes between pro- and anti-government rallies two and a half years ago?

Edited by Buchholz