British Section Needed?

Jayman

Have the mods here thought about adding a section for British issues in Thailand on TVF? It seems that there is a large British population that spends time on TVF and there are many topics that are started that apply only to Brits. Consulates closing, British pensions and so on. After all, there is a section for "gays in Thailand" here since they have a large presence. Why not one for "Brits in Thailand" too.

Perhaps that would give the British expats a place to winge all they want about things only pertinent to them. I see many topics get started that would apply to all nationals but they are quickly turned into full British mode which is really only helpful for other Brits.

Is just an idea, one I feel is valid. Not expecting to get a bunch complaints about it (but I'm sure there will be).

Edited by Jayman

Just have to love your selling-point, because there is a gayforum, the nongay Brits want their own forum. I thought this was a forum for people living/holidaying in Thailand, with no importance paid to their country of origin.

So I guess the Brits here, just have to accept that a small percentage of the posts here come from non native speakers. You just read another one. Sorry wai2.gif

Edited by soi41
  • Like 1

Could be a good idea, not so much to discuss Brits and Britain in general, but for the aforementioned issues like consular and Embassy related topics, getting UK visas, etc. Could be expanded to a Nationality-specific forum with multiple sub-forums for any nationalities with sufficient demand - British for a start as mentioned in the OP, also American perhaps, Australian, German, etc.

• Like 2

Initially this would appear to be a good idea,but it didn't take long to realise that this might make the Brits too Insular,and sort of create a club within a Forum.

Apart from Visas and Consular queries,which are already well covered.We Brits could easily lose out on contact from other members from around the World (and that goes for abuse that we often take,and give out of course) whistling.gif so no I don't think it's such a good idea.

And of course,should this idea take off,what's to stop all Nationalities from requesting a Country of Origin Section,IMO far better to stick together,keep in contact,through thick and thin,like many other imperfect marriages!

Edited by MAJIC
  • Like 1

I suspect that Jayman is being deliberately provocative and this idea should be treat with the contempt it deserves.

If there was a need for such a thing, we whinging Brits would have set up seperate forum site altogether MY GOD THERE'S A GOOD IDEA!!!!!!!!!!!!. I wonder how this forums'sponsors would feel if we did????

I suspect that Jayman is being deliberately provocative and this idea should be treat with the contempt it deserves.

If there was a need for such a thing, we whinging Brits would have set up seperate forum site altogether MY GOD THERE'S A GOOD IDEA!!!!!!!!!!!!. I wonder how this forums'sponsors would feel if we did????

Ecstatic? whistling.gif

Noooooo! It would be a nightmare to mod. At least with the Brits scattered all over the forum there's less chance of a major scrap!

Could be worse ... did any dare to suggest a Scottish Forum?

Apparently there more then one or two bravehearts with a voice to be heard.

... and don't they never let us forget it !

Noooooo! It would be a nightmare to mod. At least with the Brits scattered all over the forum there's less chance of a major scrap!

Should be no problem....just have to get one of the sasanach mods to moderate it. After all they have been keeping those pesky scots in line for centuries.

Should be no problem....just have to get one of the sasanach mods to moderate it. After all they have been keeping those pesky scots in line for centuries.

I'm sure there's something about inflammatory this and that keeps popping up on this forum.

David the Scottish folks are Brits until they are un-united from them. sad.png

Win coffee1.gif