Notify Immigration On Address Change

Hi there,

I've been living in an apartment and yesterday I signed a contract for a house and I will move there at the end of this month (on the 28th I also have to do the 90 days report). I thought the owner must notify on any foreigner who rents a property, but he told me he is not going to report about it to immigration.

My question is does he need to report about me living there to immigration? Or can I do it by myself, preferably when I go to make the 90 days report?

Thanks in advance

There is a requirement for the owner to notify Immigration of both when you arrive and when you depart. The form must be presented to Immigration within 24 Hours of either event.

The correct form is entitled:

Notification Form For The House-Master, Owner, or the Possessor of the Residence Where Alien Has Stayed

The form has an alpha/numeric reference on the top right but is in Thai and I am unable to type Thai. I have a number of such forms which Immigration gave to me for an owner to use, although he never bothered to use them and there have been no repercussions. As a tenant you have no responsibility to fulfill the owner/landlord's responsibility, so don't worry.

AFAIK, your responsibility is limited to advising Immigration of your change of address.