How Do You Keep Fit?

ThailandNeil

lifting weights 1 pint every 5 minutes then alternate drinking hands wai.gif

That is a great way to stay in shape and then after doing that for a couple of months You will also burn more calories moving around because your that much heavier. All in all a sound strategy to burn calories. biggrin.png

Work out at home, only good if you have a room to make a home gym in, some money to invest and will stay here for a longer time. Else join a gym.

Work out at home, only good if you have a room to make a home gym in, some money to invest and will stay here for a longer time. Else join a gym.

Robblok, Why does no one mention the variety of fitness machines in parks all over Thailand, they are excellent and free. I use them five mornings a week. Surely that is better than joining expensive gyms, or buying expensive equipment.

I swim. Still looking for a 25m pool in lower Sukhumvit if anyone knows.....?

Where is lower as opposed to outer and inner? And is that in BKK? Just askin' like.

As in numbered Soi.....lower than 23 would be a good place to start....that's a yes by the way.

National stadium has a 25 or 50m pool (not sure)

This pool has recently been redeveloped.

Now has a covered 50metre laned lap pool and an open 25metre diving pool.

sanuk

Edited by sanuk21

Robblok, Why does no one mention the variety of fitness machines in parks all over Thailand, they are excellent and free. I use them five mornings a week. Surely that is better than joining expensive gyms, or buying expensive equipment.

It all depends on your goals, and how you want to look. Can't say that one thing is better as an other without knowing your goals.

From what i have known you don't want muscle.. so those things are good. In the green area in front of my house we got some exercise machines and i see old ladies and children on it at times. But i can tell you my rowing machine is a lot better and more effective.

Where is lower as opposed to outer and inner? And is that in BKK? Just askin' like.

As in numbered Soi.....lower than 23 would be a good place to start....that's a yes by the way.

Sorry I can't help. I live in "higher" Sukhumvit where there are a few public pools.

I keep reasonably fit by cycling. Yesterday, I did about 30kms tootling around and its great to beat the traffic for a change.

Edited by GarryP
  • Like 1

The gym, how many days per week differs from week to week, the important thing for me is that a major muscle group gets worked on once a week. And for cardio I use the crosstrainer and stepping machine.

Edited by BKKBobby

It is not easy for me to get to a gym, so I have a home treadmill and a set of dumbbells. Treadmills can be boring, so we sometimes put a TV/DVD in front of it. I also rigged a kind of lightweight table top to secure to the treadmill at chest level and where I can place a laptop or a book while still seeing the heartbeat readouts, etc. (I only use the computer for reading, as it is not easy for me to use a mouse or type while working out.) I rigged a book-holder for this tabletop that holds any size book, and I use this the most. This makes time go by fast with no boredom.

I use a jump rope and skip every morning in the spare bedroom - I really find the heat intolerable so skipping inside with the AC on is the only thing I can manage. I like swimming but it's just too much hassle with changing and showering; skipping is something I can actually stick with and it produces results. I have a 3" thick foam mat and I skip first thing in the morning before eating, then wait an hour afterwards before having breakfast.

Sometimes I'll workout on the roof garden of the condo - I'm practically the only resident who every ventures up there - that can be pleasant at night time with good views of the city and a nice breeze.