Gf/condo Scam..is Possible?

tingtongtourist

I fail to see where the scam is. If anyone is buying something like property, it's up to us to do the due deligence, and check market rates. You buy based on those decisions (no matter what your gf tells you about ownership and legality, price is market determined). And then when you sell, you make those decisions again based on market price, how quickly you want to sell, and whether you are prepared to take some loss for getting the cash faster.

No?

Apparently not for many, maybe even most if you get a long-enough-term picture.

Not saying what the OP's reporting is actually a scam, or even real, but they sure do happen with enough regularity that even completely fictional accounts serve a valuable public service in alerting the thousands of clueless noobs succumbing to scammers' charms and thinking with their smaller knob even now as we speak.

• Like 1

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually i did ask question whether this lady make some deal where she manage to get 100% ownership of the condo from the 1st farang BF..at a low price because the guy just want to get away from her

then when condo is in her name or maybe even some family member name, she will dupe the next farang boyfriend to buy it..he will not know he actually is buying the condo off her at a very higher price!

In the story my friend told,he believe that the first farang bf did find out what had happen but the 2nd farang BF she have now,whom she live with in this same condo still not to know about it

i guess one thing, even if he did find out and was angry and leave then she can do the trick again!

From what I'm reading, there's a lot of speculation going on. If you don't know the details of what went on, why are you bringing this up? what is the purpose of sharing this story that even you don't know what the story is?

A couple buy a place together, relationship goes sour, they decide to split, including split the investment. Wouldn't the guy try to recover whatever amount he put in? Most would try to do at least that. And if he decides to sell it to whoever (ex gf, her family, OR even her new bf...does it matter who?)

I fail to see where the scam is. If anyone is buying something like property, it's up to us to do the due deligence, and check market rates. You buy based on those decisions (no matter what your gf tells you about ownership and legality, price is market determined). And then when you sell, you make those decisions again based on market price, how quickly you want to sell, and whether you are prepared to take some loss for getting the cash faster.

No?

no i not know the every detail but would just bring this up to give warning for people to be careful about having legal and personal commitment together like this.also to be careful who to trust.

as the story go..the first guy did have no control over the sale or what happen to condo for some reason,maybe he need to go home quick and trust the lady to do right thing while he away.

anyway i do ask in my post IF this be possible, i dont even know if the story be complete and true,

yes and you are right to say i only hearing this second hand

if it be possible for some woman to do this i will surely want to know about and be careful about,since my ex GF would constantly be pester at me to buy condo buy condo buy condo

but i guess off course in my case she is like this after i say i would never buy house i cant own and control

1. U need to get a wife who is not a bar girl.

2 . The wife must be a uni grad.

3. She must be working. With an income of at least 50k Tb/ month.

4. Downpayment of no more than 1m tb. - she paid. I paid for the renovations and furniture by SB.

5. Installments to be paid on a fair share of 50/50.

Ironclad formula one size fits all eh?

Here's my version - make sure the happiness you're getting as you go along is worth every penny of the money you're shelling out. And no big lump-sum payments up front in expectation of future happiness.

At any given time if when the scales start to tip the other way, you're free to walk away with no hesitation and no regrets.

The rest is just details that of course vary for each and every one of us.

I hope what you outlined for yourself above fits within my "one ring to rule them all".

Edited by BigJohnnyBKK
  • Like 1

If his name was on the title deed, the only way for her to transact it without his approval would have been for him to issue her a power of attorney. Or for her to make a fake one. The latter is highly illegal and she could do serious time in the big house if that's what happened.

Except perhaps in those few jurisdictions here where the authorities, specifically the police and officials at the land office, are in league with or in some cases actually recruit the cute little scammers.

Remember the guy with the maid who's kid ended up down the well?

Anybody but the little fish get in any hot water over that?

Edited by BigJohnnyBKK

If his name was on the title deed, the only way for her to transact it without his approval would have been for him to issue her a power of attorney. Or for her to make a fake one. The latter is highly illegal and she could do serious time in the big house if that's what happened.

Except perhaps in those few jurisdictions here where the authorities, specifically the police and officials at the land office, are in league with or in some cases actually recruit the cute little scammers.

Remember the guy with the maid who's kid ended up down the well?

Anybody but the little fish get in any hot water over that?

You can't transfer title without documents from the owner (forged or otherwise).

Hope the wife is not scamming me. I bought a house.

Sent from my XT910 using Thaivisa Connect App

My neighbor thought the same, but in fact he only paid for the purchase and she rent the house.

4. Downpayment of no more than 1m tb. - she paid. I paid for the renovations and furniture by SB.

sorry am not arguing here but really find this amazing.if this is your situation then you have very good arangement.I can answer each in my experience but you will see,very different than you.im definatley not lucky!

1.funny that everyone presume this BG thing first.really in behaviour sometime there not much difference in the two

2.Uni girl IMO much more to worry about.can be much more smarter and cunning and exploit law that BG would not even know to do

3 WOW 50k.what job does a girl in bk do for this? most high income i knew from an ex gf be 35k and this at very good job and considered good money

4 again wow.that a normal working girl would have this amount and put on table in relationship with farang partner

5 again wow.im suprise this girl family allow her to do this as many think man should provide ect ect. most would think to say..why you marry below yourself?

anyway, just my opinion.great if you can find this situation in this culture you did very well!

has she got a sister??wai.gif

• Like 1

thank you NMT

this is really the info i am more interested in to hear.seem many people here have many different opinion on thai law

I have five Thai women in my humble little office who make over 50,000 a month (significantly more). I know one who makes over 2 million a month.

You need to get out more.

i will not be getting out around your area that is for sure. i cannot afford to keep that sort of companylaugh.png

Just as well, as you wouldn't have a chance. They are all happily married to Thai men who make at least as much as they do.

You can't transfer title without documents from the owner (forged or otherwise).

Sure but documents do get forged and when TPTB are involved who's guarding the guards? (Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?)

And enough guys are persuaded to sign things they shouldn't based on bad advise by people who would be looking out for their interests in jurisdictions with better rule of law and fewer pretty scammers.

Saying that these incidences are the victim's fault for being stupid isn't good enough in my book.

There are good reasons why con artists are right down at the bottom of the pecking order along with the pedo's within the jail population, while here it seems to often be seen as just another normal line of business.

• Like 1

Just as well, as you wouldn't have a chance. They are all happily married to Thai men who make at least as much as they do.

I was going to say, how many of them are going to be going halvsies on a house with a farang?

None. Unless that farang is extremely presentable, which the majority are not.

• Like 1

is nice to hear about a success story though,not to mny times you see on here!

This bit:

Hope the wife is not scamming me.

doesn't sound like it's quite a heart-warming success story just yet. . .

Maybe it's meant as slightly sarcastic. My wife and I bought a house together, but the apartment was in my name only, due to legislative complications. I hope I'm not scamming her.

SC

Without either stupidity or greed, or at least naivite, on behalf of the victim, conmen are harmless.

Without either stupidity or greed, or at least naivite, on behalf of the victim, conmen are harmless.

well to say, and they say those ones usually feed off the most vulnerable in society.why let yourself be vulnerable?

same as such thing as poker machine and legalised scam in the west

"Most vulnerable" is just a polite way of saying "greediest", "most gullible", and/or "most stupid.

really? vulnerable people greedy gullible and stupid?

so that must make up for large number of working class person in all country then? like the low income workers who force to do construction job for a few hundred baht a day, greedy and gullibleblink.png

certainly an opposite of your friends i must say.

by this thinking maybe you would also describe the red shirt people as vulnerable?

after hearing what you say it make me wonder what business are you in and what be the source of customer base.

im guessing not NPO or charity work that for surelaugh.png

edit: actually maybe i reconsider.from what i read here you might fit profile of NPO company in Thailandsmile.png

Edited by tingtongtourist

if you want a girl half your age why would you do anything other than pay her salary monthly like you would the maid?

indeed

even bigger question to ask, if you have girl half your age how can even you fool yourself that it be true love!??

Think thats another topic. rolleyes.gif

None. Unless that farang is extremely presentable, which the majority are not.

Maybe so, but personally I don't care if he's Brad Pitt circa Thelma & Louis unless it's an eccentric rich widow type I'm not buying.

ah cmon big johnny you say this now in front of the TV crowd but when you find this teerak pee-set it will be different

you WILL buy!

you will be the one who is smitten because she be so sexy and different from all the other thai girls

you know its truetongue.png

Farangs can buy a condo in their own name here as long as the rest of the condo is more than 50% owned by Thai's.

I think if someone plans to live here for an extended period of time then purchasing might be a good option. Hopefully the property value will rise and you will get something back on your investment instead of just paying a landlord the money. Even if the property stays the same value it makes sense, but only if your going to be here 5+ years.

ah cmon big johnny you say this now in front of the TV crowd but when you find this teerak pee-set it will be different

you WILL buy!

you will be the one who is smitten because she be so sexy and different from all the other thai girls

you know its true

Actually I was talking about "not buying it" in the sense that I find it hard to believe that attractive Thai girls making 50K+ per month salaries would go halvsies on buying a house with even the cutest farang.

Regarding your misinterpetation, yes in this very thread I stated in certain circumstances I see nothing wrong with paying for the whole kit and kaboodle up front and putting it right in her name from the get-go:

Some guys buy their teeraks diamonds and furs, a nice sports car for her birthday, if you can afford it why not?

I know my girls would greatly prefer farmland, to each their own.

And here:

I will never buy real property in LOS. Never.

I would if I could honestly afford it, the same way I'd buy an expensive consumer item, but only as an outright gift for a deserving SO - even if I pretended it was a joint purchase, in my heart consider it a gift.

But never as a financial investment, I'm sure some do OK but the learning curve and risk profile's too steep for my taste relative to other opportunities.

Edited by BigJohnnyBKK

Hope the wife is not scamming me. I bought a house.

My neighbor thought the same, but in fact he only paid for the purchase and she rent the house.

sorry am not arguing here but really find this amazing.if this is your situation then you have very good arangement.I can answer each in my experience but you will see,very different than you.im definatley not lucky!

1.funny that everyone presume this BG thing first.really in behaviour sometime there not much difference in the two

2.Uni girl IMO much more to worry about.can be much more smarter and cunning and exploit law that BG would not even know to do

3 WOW 50k.what job does a girl in bk do for this? most high income i knew from an ex gf be 35k and this at very good job and considered good money

4 again wow.that a normal working girl would have this amount and put on table in relationship with farang partner

5 again wow.im suprise this girl family allow her to do this as many think man should provide ect ect. most would think to say..why you marry below yourself?

anyway, just my opinion.great if you can find this situation in this culture you did very well!

has she got a sister??wai.gif

The family doesn't like me.