Am I A Cheap Charlie If I Don't Tip?

meatballs

My american friends told me some gents went out and spent closer to $10.000, left a tip,

but the waitress counted and found that it didn't cover the 10% surcharge, i.e $1000 for himself,

so he went after them, came into a heated argument, until one of the gents shot him dead.

Waiter or waitress? Very confusing story.

Not really. Some cheapskates went out and spent $10,000 and refused to pay the service charge that is added to the bill. When the waitress demanded that they pay what they owed, they shot and killed her instead.

Surcharges can be refused. There unofficial taxes or collections...

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My american friends told me some gents went out and spent closer to $10.000, left a tip,

but the waitress counted and found that it didn't cover the 10% surcharge, i.e $1000 for himself,

so he went after them, came into a heated argument, until one of the gents shot him dead.

Not really. Some cheapskates went out and spent $10,000 and refused to pay the service charge that is added to the bill. When the waitress demanded that they pay what they owed, they shot and killed her instead.

Surcharges can be refused. There unofficial taxes or collections...

I agree, most americans I met in pattaya made it clear there is no obligation by law to tip, it's a personnal choice

I agree, most americans I met in pattaya made it clear there is no obligation by law to tip, it's a personnal choice

You'd have to be pretty sure you don't go back to the same restaurant again though. 10% is for bad service.... I can imagine what they will think if you give them zero and the service has been good.

Sorry to confuse, it was in the middle of the night and english isnt my first language so i wasnt sure about the word waiter, it was a male according to the americans

or perhaps a ladyboy?

I am an American and where I come from bad service is NO tip. Real bad service I leave a penny on the plate. Also where I am from we do leave a tip for good service, usually 15% but again depending on the service. Maybe less maybe more. Entirely up to the person giving the tip. On large party's of people sometimes the restaurant will add on a service charge but this is put in the menu before you order so up to you if you accept or leave before. Thailand also does the same thing in some restaurants (service charge 10%) which is a tip.

Sorry to confuse, it was in the middle of the night and english isnt my first language so i wasnt sure about the word waiter, it was a male according to the americans

or perhaps a ladyboy?

still a man biggrin.png

• Like 1