Honda Jazz

ShopBoy

These small Japanese cars are in such high demand and the margins that the dealers have to play with just isn't that big. I don't think anyone gets to haggle down the price of a Jazz. Just a case of how many extras you can squeeze out of the salesman.

how long is the waiting list for the jazz.

We ordered the wife's replacement Jazz in Sept and latest report is delivery around second half of Dec

2012?

Yes. I will call them again tomorrow and ask if that date has changed, but this was info from around 2 weeks ago.

We ordered the wife's replacement Jazz in Sept and latest report is delivery around second half of Dec

2012?

Yes. I will call them again tomorrow and ask if that date has changed, but this was info from around 2 weeks ago.

Always wondered why it is that these small Hondas and Toyotas have such long waiting lists. Yes these cars are in high demand, but it's hardly like the demand is new and has caught them unawares and by surprise. They must have a pretty good idea how many they will sell per year. Why can't they increase production and have sufficient stock whereby when a customer comes in to buy one, give or take a few days, they are driving it home? It's not like we are talking bespoke hand made Rolls Royces. Perhaps though the high demand in spite of these long waiting lists does little to encourage improved customer services. Polish a turd, stick a Honda badge on it, and one fancies they would sell like hot.............. well, hot turds i guess. Not saying Hondas are crap - that's thaicruze's job and i don't want to step on his feet - but i'm just saying that they seem to get away with anything.

I think they only allocate a certain % to the local market and most are shipped overseas. I also think that to increase production by making the plant bigger is expensive and what do you do when demand drops again, the first step is to run production 24/7.

My Ranger 2.2 WT was ordered in June and we might first get it in June 2013 so app. 1 year waiting time, <deleted>. The only things that made us decide to wait is that the price is frozen on order date, so already app. 40K bath lower price than June 2013 or maybe even more & we have a car.

Our 2006 City are still going strong so no problem but the waiting time must be very frustrating for a buyer that don't have any wheels already.

Honda is not crap, if fact they are very reliable and comfortable cars, and I prefer my dated City any day over a crappy Vios.

Edited by guzzi850m2

The Tsunami in Japan was a major hit to production and then the floods last year was a double-whammy, by both knocking production out, and creating a giant spike in demand due to replacement of vehicles lost in the floods. Now throw in a VERY attractive tax incentive for first time buyers of small cars and pickups, and you may start to start to understand why manufactures are having trouble keeping up. It’s not like they can just hire more people and increase capacity.

A year or two ago you could often buy off the lot if you weren’t picky about the color. They’ll be caught up in a year or two, and the lead times will come back down.

The Tsunami in Japan was a major hit to production and then the floods last year was a double-whammy, by both knocking production out, and creating a giant spike in demand due to replacement of vehicles lost in the floods. Now throw in a VERY attractive tax incentive for first time buyers of small cars and pickups, and you may start to start to understand why manufactures are having trouble keeping up. It’s not like they can just hire more people and increase capacity.

A year or two ago you could often buy off the lot if you weren’t picky about the color. They’ll be caught up in a year or two, and the lead times will come back down.

Perhaps, but my experience was, way before any of the flood / tsunami / tax relief business, that small Japanese cars like the Jazz in Thailand, have always had waiting lists of at least a few months. I never experienced or heard of this in the UK - excepts for the likes of prestige cars - and i don't know what makes the situation in Thailand so much different... apart from what i mentioned about the Thai consumer, when faced with a long wait, being less likely to take their money elsewhere. If that started happening, perhaps Honda would do something about wait times.

Hope you can get a discount with all the pictures and Honda plans for the All New Jazz next year

just one of the many quotes: Honda will unleash an all New Jazz hatchback in 2013. The Jazz hatchback, also known as the Fit in many international markets is a popular B+ segment hatchback. The all new Jazz will be launched in 2013, after which the a compact SUV based on the Jazz platform will arrive. The compact SUV is expected to be launched within two years of the launch of the all new Jazz in 2013. So, about 2015 is when Honda could launch the compact SUV based on the Jazz....

Also on another car news website, stating the new Jazz will no longer be made in the UK but imported from Thailand.....

Perhaps, but my experience was, way before any of the flood / tsunami / tax relief business, that small Japanese cars like the Jazz in Thailand, have always had waiting lists of at least a few months. I never experienced or heard of this in the UK - excepts for the likes of prestige cars - and i don't know what makes the situation in Thailand so much different... apart from what i mentioned about the Thai consumer, when faced with a long wait, being less likely to take their money elsewhere. If that started happening, perhaps Honda would do something about wait times.

I can't speak to the UK, but car sales in the US are completely different then Thailand. The market is much bigger, dealers are competitive, inventories are large, and everything is geared for impulse buying. Most people go just looking, and end up driving home. Most everyone in the US can get a car financed in about 10 minutes, not so in Thailand. Also, model years here are more blurred, and there is no end of the year blowout in Thailand to clear out excess inventory. The market is not big enough to support large inventories, so to minimize inventory, cars are pulled through the system rather then pushed. Many dealers only sell sell a few cars a week.

I don't think the Jazz is very popular in Thailand anymore, don't know why maybe the "new" Eco cars looks more interesting for lets face it, mostly female buyers, I think most Thai men wants something bigger.

http://www.pattayama...ghts-back-18202

It's the cheapest feeling car I have ever been in or driven. uncomfotable and completely unrefined. That might have something to do with it.

It does have steer nicely around town though.

Always wondered why it is that these small Hondas and Toyotas have such long waiting lists.

Primarily because the buying market has been conditioned to accept it. From a production POV it's great for the manufacturers, for dealerships it's great because they don't have expensive floorplan finance costs, and historical results prove these waits have little negative impact on sales volumes here.

In short, they structure their business models this way in TH because they can get away with it....

Not all run the same MO - Mitsubishi's sales results over the past few years in TH has at many points very clearly benefitted from having more immediate delivery capability, and Chev are doing better than ever with the Colorado too - some of which can be attributed to availability as well...

I don't think the Jazz is very popular in Thailand anymore, don't know why maybe the "new" Eco cars looks more interesting for lets face it, mostly female buyers, I think most Thai men wants something bigger.

It's the cheapest feeling car I have ever been in or driven. uncomfotable and completely unrefined. That might have something to do with it.

It's all relative - get yourself behind the wheel of a Brio then re-evaluate the Jazz :D :D

Thais must have poor car sense/taste, as they sell a heck of a lot of them and resale prices are ridiculous...

It's all relative - get yourself behind the wheel of a Brio then re-evaluate the Jazz biggrin.pngbiggrin.png

I saw pics of a brio completely destroyed - ripped in half down the centre. There was no attached story so I don't know what happened. It doesn't inspire confidence though. Seatbelt covered in blood so I assume the driver was killed. I saw no other vehicle involved...

Always wondered why it is that these small Hondas and Toyotas have such long waiting lists.

Primarily because the buying market has been conditioned to accept it. From a production POV it's great for the manufacturers, for dealerships it's great because they don't have expensive floorplan finance costs, and historical results prove these waits have little negative impact on sales volumes here.

In short, they structure their business models this way in TH because they can get away with it....

Not all run the same MO - Mitsubishi's sales results over the past few years in TH has at many points very clearly benefitted from having more immediate delivery capability, and Chev are doing better than ever with the Colorado too - some of which can be attributed to availability as well...

I could accept that with small companies like suzuki where demand has far outstripped their production capacity....but for toyota and honda it's a bit much to have to wait several months for a basic car. But like you said, everyone is doing it, and brand loyalty is strong, so people are willing to wait 6 months for a honda but not that time for a mitsubishi, for example.

Thanks for the explanation IMHO. Backs up my suspicions. Basically they could shorten waiting lists but it's simply not in their interest to, all the while customers accept it. Pretty crappy way of treating customers and it's a shame there is so much blind brand loyalty that they can get away with it. As i say, in the UK if you walked into a showroom with money on your hip, to buy a small car like this, and they told you that you could come back to pick up the car in three months, most people would laugh, walk out, and take their money elsewhere.

around where i live there appears to be dozens of red plated Nissan Sylphy, and Chevy Cruse, pickups the Mazda BT50, maybe no supply problems with these ?

In my area Drive past Ford appears lots of New Rangers, but only seen 1x on the road, likewise with Chevy new Colorado loads at the showroom only seen 2 on the road, Sonic the same, only ever seen 1 on the road.

Drive south of Bang Yai, very different most pickups on red plates appear to be the new D-Max or Toyota,, car Brio's and Almera's

Thais must have poor car sense/taste, as they sell a heck of a lot of them and resale prices are ridiculous...

You know how it works here for most - Don't question things, believe everything you are told by someone older or richer, no matter stupid that person is and what do they say.........."Honda, Honda, Honda, Honda, Honda." because <copy and paste previous > .

2012?

mine will be next year March 2013 if i put down my deposit this month.

no discounts but just giving me loads of crap.