Cth Win Epl For Next 3 Years From 2013-14 Season.

bangkok blue

CTH have reportedly paid $300 million for the rights to The EPL for the next 3 years. This figure is 5 times what True had paid for the previous contract.

CTH are open to talk to other broadcasters to go into partnership with. They are expected to complete a nationwide fiber optic cable network system by February, which will provide TV, internet and phone services.

Currently CTH have around 3million subscribers through it's 300 strong local cable network. They aim to take this figure to around 7million over the course of the deal.

The CEO of CTH was interviewed on Channel 3 earlier. He assures people they will be able to access the coverage no matter where they are in the country. He mentioned at the start of the interview that they want to make it available on all platforms. Viewers with a True box would still have access to the games. He later appeared to back track by stating that broadcasters wanting to go into partnership must abide by the conditions set by CTH. They must also be careful not to violate the conditions of the contract set by the EPL. At present he was unaware of the price that would be offered to potential customers for the matches.

Although CTH expect to make an initial loss of Bht200million for the this year, it would be expected that the only way they can make a profit in the future is by offering new phone and internet packages along with its EPL coverage, as well as selling, or sub-licensing the rights to other broadcasters. Other services to be offered by CTH will be more interactive features for viewers.

One suspects that the consumer could well be the loser in all this. More than one subscription could well be required to view all the matches. It is a major task for the fiber optic network system, planned by CTH, to be fully accessible by more rural areas in time for the start of next season, meaning it is essential for CTH to form some kind of partnership with a satellite broadcaster. GMM failed to acquire a 20% stake in CTH back in August. True then claimed a strike against GMM by going into partnership with CTH, which in turn allowed CTH member companies' subscribers access to 9 of True's exclusive channels, including 3 sports channels.

Edited by bangkok blue

Statement from TRUE. Doesn't sound like they are interested in going into partnership with CTH.

กรุงเทพฯ 15 พฤศจิกายน 2555 – ตามที่ ทรูวิชั่นส์ ได้เข้าร่วมประมูลลิขสิทธิ์พรีเมียร์ลีกอังกฤษ (2013-2016) นั้น ทรูวิชั่นส์ ขอเรียนว่า ทรูวิชั่นส์ได้พยายามอย่างเต็มที่ในการเสนอเพิ่มราคาในการประมูล แต่มูลค่าการประมูลในครั้งนี้สูงเกินความสามารถทางธุรกิจของบริษัททำให้เราไม่สามารถชนะการประมูลได้

นายศุภชัย เจียรวนนท์ ประธานเจ้าหน้าที่บริหาร บมจ. ทรูวิชั่นส์ กล่าวขออภัยสมาชิกผู้มีอุปการคุณมา ณ ที่นี้ ที่ต้องผิดหวังในเรื่องการรับชมพรีเมียร์ลีกอังกฤษ และขอเรียนสมาชิกว่า ท่านยังสามารถรับชมพรีเมียร์ลีกอังกฤษฤดูกาล 2012 -2013 ผ่านทางทรูวิชั่นส์ได้จนถึงเดือนพฤษภาคม ปีหน้า (2556) ตลอดจนสามารถรับชมรายการกีฬาระดับโลกอื่นๆ รวมทั้งรายการบันเทิง สารคดี สาระความรู้ที่มีคุณภาพอีกมากมาย นอกจากนี้ ทรูวิชั่นส์ จะจัดสรรงบประมาณเพิ่มเติมเพื่อดำเนินการจัดซื้อและพัฒนารายการทั้ง ในด้านรายการกีฬา บันเทิงและสาระความรู้ ที่มีคุณภาพระดับโลก รวมทั้งช่องรายการในระบบ High Definition (HD) มาทดแทนมอบให้สมาชิกได้ใช้บริการ ทรูวิชั่นส์ อย่างคุ้มค่าที่สุดโดยเร็ว

การประมูลครั้งนี้ทำให้ทรูวิชั่นส์จำเป็นต้องปรับยุทธศาสตร์โดยที่จะไม่พึ่งพารายการพรีเมียร์ลีกอังกฤษ (EPL) ทั้งนี้ เพื่อความมั่นคงในการดำเนินธุรกิจทั้งในระยะกลางและระยะยาว โดยจะมุ่งเน้นพัฒนาคุณภาพรายการด้านกีฬาอื่นๆ มาทดแทนพรีเมียร์ลีกอังกฤษ(EPL) ต่อไป สุดท้ายนี้ ทรูวิชั่นส์ ขอแสดงความยินดีกับผู้ชนะการประมูลในครั้งนี้ด้วย นายศุภชัย กล่าวในที่สุด

True visions If statement, Premier Champions League rights auction กอังกฤษ

Bangkok, November 15, 2012 – by TrueVisions has joined Premier League champions กอังกฤษ license auction (2013-2016), true visions, we learn that true visions have been trying to add a full-price offer on the auction, but this time, the auction value exceeded the company's business, and we can not win the auction.

Mr. Supachai Chianwonna Chief Executive Officer supervisor. TrueVisions is unfortunately returning members included herein to disappointment in the Champions League Premier watch กอังกฤษ and we learn that the Member you can also watch Premier League champions กอังกฤษ season 2012-2013 via TrueVisions until May. The next year (2556 (2013)), as well as get world class sporting and other entertainment items, as well as non-fiction subject matter knowledge that there are many quality. In addition, true visions will allocate more budget to do acquisitions and development, all in the list of subject matter knowledge, entertainment and sports with world class quality, as well as channels in High Definition (HD) system, a substitute member shall be granted true visions of worth by quickly.

This time, auction, true visions need to adjust strategies that do not rely on the Premier League champions กอังกฤษ list (EPL) to stability in business, both in the medium and long term, will focus on developing a high-quality list of other alternative sports champions Premier League (EPL) กอังกฤษ. Anyway, Finally, true visions congratulations to winners in the auction this time. In the end, Mr. Supachai. (Translated by Bing)

If True Visions were to enter a deal and show some Premier League matches exclusively live, then some current subscribers may be tempted to continue their subscriptions. If they don't show any matches live, then I have no reason to continue subscribing after May. If all we get is Champions League coverage, then it's not worth it.

I heard a rumour earlier in the year that True would fill the void, if necessary, by getting the rights for Chinese and Japanese League football. Now there's a way to stop people cancelling (not).

Is the notice you have to give 2 months?

Will have to look into this...... at the end of the day everything is accessible online now so worst case i will do that.

In the long-term CTH will have to partner share with somebody simply to claw back some funds,i read earlier that there lines will not be in place until 2015 at the very earliest especially in the sticks.

True will see a massive shift of power if they do not co-op with CTH.I suppose they will in teh end have a few games from CTH nad give them access to a lot more True stuff.

That statement is funny! cheesy.gif

The EPL broadcaster in the Middle East set up an Internet broadcasting system for all 380 games as well, which you get free if you're a TV subscriber.

If CTH are going to provide EPL on "a number of platforms", this will probably be one of them. They can fix it so i only works on Thai IPs.

Edited by Chicog

Bloody hell i woke up and read this thread i thought it was about citeh have won the league for the next 3 years, i can breath now we all still have something over the next 3 years to play for.

• Like 1

If they are paying $300M that's about 9 Billion baht.

They anticipate 7 million subscribers. If they charge Bt6000 a year that's Bt18,000 x 7M = Bt126 Billion over the life of the contract.

You can half that realistically and see that they will still end up well in front.

True must be seething.

Edited by Chicog

Anyone else notice?

"We cannot tell you the figures at this stage. But, it's between Bt7-9 billion. We won the domestic rights for the EPL games but it also covers Laos and Cambodia. We're considering providing settop boxes for fans," said Wichai, who also owns shares in several leading hospitals.

We can't tell you, but here it is.

biggrin.png

Notice they can also sell in Laos and Cambodia, that's a nice bonus.

They did say they would launch 8 new channels. They have gone into a non exclusive partnership with TOT for use of their fibre optic network. I think we'll be fine with CTH. My only concern is if they'll launch a HD channel for the EPL coverage like true do. It's possible they could merge with someone to offer a HD service, or to maximise viewer access. Iptv could also be an option for them. I expect an announcement of their packages early new year.

Looks like The Turdvision box will be getting the heave ho in May then, pointless having it otherwise.

Spot on, and i am sure True will be shocked by the amount of customers leaving at the end of the season, i will cancel mine and see what other options are available.

Will wait until at least end of season and see what, if any, broadcast partnership they will tie up. I suspect they will offer maximum 1/3 of the games for viewing on satellite, until they roll out there fibre optic network completely. I've already signed up with them on their customer data base via their website www.cth.co.th It's all in Thai at the moment, so just google translated. Seems they will liase with local cable companies that are part of their network; such as WETV in Chiangmai, as this is one of the question on the sign up form. Good news is they ask if you want SD or HD. Just hope they also offer the premier league channel, as John Dykes' and James Richardson's analysis is great!

Us in the sticks just have to wait with bated breath to see how/if the new operator can give a truly nationwide coverage like True.

Scuddamore welcomed the new guys because of their experience and their commitment to continue an excellent coverage of the EPL for Thailand or some similar CEO-speak.

Bull$hit Alert

- based on whats been announced so far he can't have the first clue that this lot are going to be able to deliver good coverage. The EPL simply took the money and ran. So he believes the fantasy claim that they will be laying cable all over Thialand before next year does he? Obviously hes never asked about Thailan'ds track record on say transportation (Swampy, BTS, Airport Express, MRT - all models of Thai procrastination and false promises.

PS Does anyone on here really believe that next season we will be able to choose to watch any of the EPL games live each weekend we care to select from the up to five channels showing them at peak game time? Does anyone believe we will get repeated replays of games throughout the week so you can pick up on games of interest that you did not watch live? Does anyone believe we will get a proper on-screen and relatively reliable Electronoic programme guide in English?

I look forward to writing to Scuddamore (copy English press) with a reprise on his gob$hite when the truth emerges.

[Hope I have to eat humble pie on this]

Edited by SantiSuk

Us in the sticks just have to wait with bated breath to see how/if the new operator can give a truly nationwide coverage like True.

Scuddamore welcomed the new guys because of their experience and their commitment to continue an excellent coverage of the EPL for Thailand or some similar CEO-speak.

Bull$hit Alert

- based on whats been announced so far he can't have the first clue that this lot are going to be able to deliver good coverage. The EPL simply took the money and ran. So he believes the fantasy claim that they will be laying cable all over Thialand before next year does he? Obviously hes never asked about Thailan'ds track record on say transportation (Swampy, BTS, Airport Express, MRT - all models of Thai procrastination and false promises.

PS Does anyone on here really believe that next season we will be able to choose to watch any of the EPL games live each weekend we care to select from the up to five channels showing them at peak game time? Does anyone believe we will get repeated replays of games throughout the week so you can pick up on games of interest that you did not watch live? Does anyone believe we will get a proper on-screen and relatively reliable Electronoic programme guide in English?

I look forward to writing to Scuddamore (copy English press) with a reprise on his gob$hite when the truth emerges.

[Hope I have to eat humble pie on this]

One thing we do know is that thai's love there English football, now if half the country are denied those rights i am sure there will be a lot of pissed off thai's too.

I am sure they cannot just take over a block every area that do not yet have there cable but TIT we know it could happen, i live on a farm here so have plenty room for a whopping big satelite dish now that will be what i will do if this happens.

Chill peeps! I had the same fear, so I phoned the premier league. Spoke to their press officer. I mentioned to him about CTH being cable only, compared to existing rights holders true being satellite and far more accessible, especially to those in more rural areas. He advised me that part of the contract makes it very clear of the access and exposure they expect to be given to the viewers and there are protocols in place should they fail to deliver this. I think it helps that they have a partnership to use TOT's fibre optic network. I suspect a partnership with True/RS/GMM will be announced soon to guarantee access for all. The press release I saw also stated they will show all 380 matches live.

It's a lot of use to me if CTH broadcast all 380 matches live, if I can't get CTH. I can't even get the internet by telephone line here, and it was not that long ago that the telephone was made available. My guess is that TrueVisions will broadcast some live matches, if only to ensure that some subscribers stay loyal, but they'll probably have to pay nearly as much as they paid for the last 3 years exclusive rights, and they will lose a lot of advertising.

We just have to be patient and see what's agreed.

• 1 month later...

Bloody hell i woke up and read this thread i thought it was about citeh have won the league for the next 3 years, i can breath now we all still have something over the next 3 years to play for.

LOL Same Same.

On CTH website you can register for a box or something but that is all they are saying at the moment...?

I think we should keep this thread up top for any info that is heard and shared not for City winning the prem for the next three years1

From the original announcement:

At least three companies have already contacted CTH about becoming a broadcast partner.

"CTH will find partners in many platforms. At the moment, we still have a good relation with TrueVisions," said Mr Wichai.

From the original announcement:

At least three companies have already contacted CTH about becoming a broadcast partner.

"CTH will find partners in many platforms. At the moment, we still have a good relation with TrueVisions," said Mr Wichai.

Perhaps could be the case that CTH share the games amongst the various broadcasters and we would have to buy / pay for the games with different companies !!!