Teen Bag Thieves Nabbed In Record Time

Rimmer

Teen Bag thieves nabbed in record time

bik.jpg

Teenage thieves arrested in Pattaya

Pattaya: Police arrest bag snatchers in record time on Beach road

In the broad daylight of four o clock in the afternoon on Thursday, two motorcyclists , both teenagers, saw a foreign couple as an easy target as they sauntered along second road. Grasping the opportunity they closed in and snatched the bag of a 43 year old from a foreigner who was chatting to her husband.

Along with 1200 baht in cash, they succeeded in stealing a phone and important documents, which may have included passports.. But not for long

Despite a quick getaway, the Police were even faster on the response, and by the time they reached Soi 13 on the way down Beach Road, they were intercepted by local officers, who took them to the Station, along with a sharp knife which they were carrying “just in case”.

pattaya_103_fm.png
--Pattaya 103 FM 2012-11-15

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

14 & 17 year old suspected bag snatchers caught by Pattaya Police

PATTAYA:--

Two boys aged 14 and 17 tried to copy a bag snatch they had seen on a Thai Reality TV show earlier this week and ended up being arrested instead of being able to escape which is what happened to the pair of thieves featured in the TV show.

Police Colonel Tamanoon, the Pattaya Police Chief, held a press conference on Thursday afternoon to announce the arrest of the boys who cannot be named due to their young age. Also present was the alleged victim of the bag snatch, Khun Saifon aged 43, who was walking along Pattaya Second Road in front of Soi 4 in Central Pattaya with her foreign boyfriend when the two boys approached on their motorbike and the 14 year old passenger leant over and snatched the handbag which contained 1,200 Baht, a mobile phone and personal documents.

The boys fled in the direction of Naklua which is where they were picked-up by Police, in front of Soi 13 on the Naklua Road, approximately 2 Kms from the location of the bag snatch.

Full story:http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/66077/14-17-year-suspected-bag-snatchers-caught-pattaya-police/

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2012-11-16

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

I wonder how they are notified of a problem so quickly and how would they know where the perps had fled to. Surely they would have been too fast for the stunned victim to have taken a bike registration number.

The cops might have had these young punks sized up even before the crime. You can tell when someone's acting suspicious, and just keep an eye on them. At least, that's what a professional police force would do. Sounds like a great job in this case.

• Like 1

I'm amazed at the speed of the arrest. I see many times that police apprehend perpetrators of street crime very quickly. Kudos to them, but I wonder how they are notified of a problem so quickly and how would they know where the perps had fled to. Surely they would have been too fast for the stunned victim to have taken a bike registration number. In other words, if I were to be the victim of a similar attack on the streets of Pattaya how would I get the news to the police so quickly?

A Thai friend of mine had a gold chain taken from her neck whilst she was riding her bike. She reported it to the police and before she got home they called her back to say thay had recovered it from the thieves. Many of the "captains" at the motorbike taxi ramks have radios that are on the police wavelength so they are extra eyes and ears for the police.