I've Had It With Chevrolet Thailand Service. I'm Switching To Honda Again

thaicruze

My Ford Ranger, 4x4, 4 door is 11 years old with more than 270,xxx km on the clock and has been regulary serviced by Ford for around 150,xxx km the the local somchai down in the village and apart from regular servicing, tyres, batties etc, the other problems were a leaky radiator and a front suspension problem.

If I had the money I would put it in for a front to back, top tp bottom overhaul and it would be good for another 250,xxx km.

But of course it is only a Ford and not a Chevy Cruze.

Ford??? Fix Or Repair Daily!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently the OP has found another farang forum to fill with his adventures on the Cruze (easy enough to find in the motoring section and he's well on his way to get banned there as well). However, it is worth quoting is what he never told us here.

It all started with the Trumpet sound. Then I noticed the side mirror plastic was getting white and losing its color. Then the vanity mirror top fell out for no reason. Then the button for the center console fell out. Then the brake noises started which they never fixed and my brakes were still not adjusted after 2 months and flapping around down there. My car sounded like I was carrying a bag of spoons underneath and the parking brake went all the way up to the center arm rest (if it wasn't there it would have ended up pointing at the back seats). Then the AC fan started ticking. Then the rear speaker crackling.

Not meaning to bait or tease anyone. Just found it was useful for the members to know the extent of the issues with the Cruze. That was far more than just a faulty handbrake. This being said, I see a number of red-plated Captivas out in the country and in BKK. Was wondering if the horrendous quality of Chevy perpetuates itself or whether this one was just a lemon?

cheesy.gif , well l never. cheesy.gif
  • Like 1