Non O Savannakhet

A multi entry visa is not available inside Thailand but it is available in many more countries than birth. The price is 5,000 baht or a bit more due to exchange issues. What costs 3,800 baht is a multi re-entry permit for current permitted to stay period. At airport they cost 200 baht more than normal because of extra copy/photo charge.

I specifically asked about Savannkhet. That is not in Thailand. Ok Lopburi, You seem to be the knowledgeable one. I will be arriving on a 30 day pass at the airport. I am married to a Thai but cannot obtain a visa prior to arrival. I have gotten 60 day extensions 2 times but immigration told me 2 in a row does not look good. What other options do I have? I suspect none, other than Savannakhet for Multi Non O. 5,000 Baht, you say?

Edited by Gonsalviz

Ok Lopburi, You are the knowledgeable one. I will be arriving on a 30 day pass at the airport. I am married to a Thai but cannot obtain a visa prior to arrival. I have gotten 60 day extensions 2 times but immigration told me 2 in a row does not look good. What other options do I have? I suspect none, other than Savannakhet for Multi Non O. 5,000 Baht.

I make this same entry every 6 weeks or so and also stay for 6 weeks.

The multi entry would be your best option as you stay longer than the allowed 30 day visa exempt entry so will pay for itself quickly. But if you do not have time you can obtain another 60 day extension unless the local office has issues as people are using for years now with 15 day exit and 60 day extensions ongoing. Nobody cares if there is a reason for it and you surly have a good reason. But I would get the multi entry myself as will serve you for more than a year and if you want to exit/return during any stays will not cost you anything extra as the number of entries for 90 days is unlimited.

In addition to the excellent answer from Lopburi, Non-O Multiple (Based on Marriage) is also available in Kuala Lumphur (in addition to Savanakhet) but in KL you need to show 100k in a Bank Account. (Only posted to give you another option ;)

There is also no legal limit of how many times you can extend, each entry, by 60days, howevr you have to take wife n her paperwork along.

Please note that I said I have already done this 2 times. Also note that I said that immigration told me it was not good.

You could take that as 'We won't do this again'. I would not want to push them. Besides. as Lopburi said, it will be cheaper in the long run.