Reliabily - Mitsubishi Mirage Vs Nissan Almera

lorbhaim

I believe the Almera will win hands down over the Mirage for interior space+stability.

Though the mirage will probably be the better car to drive. It's only 865kg or so, so very light, giving good acceleration on par or better than the more powerful swift/brio. So it depends on what the OP needs:)

For reliability it's just too early to tell, though the march doesn't seem to have too many problems, I'd day the almera will be the same.

Thanks.

I saw the:

See another thread about a poster complaining of the weakness of the Almera motor in pulling the car over hills... when loaded.

I thought that the engine is too small for a car this wheight.

In other contries in the east the Almera is sold with a 1.5 L engine. So I cannot compare their experience.

Thanks.

I saw the:

See another thread about a poster complaining of the weakness of the Almera motor in pulling the car over hills... when loaded.

I thought that the engine is too small for a car this wheight.

In other contries in the east the Almera is sold with a 1.5 L engine. So I cannot compare their experience.

Its not just the engine size - it's a 3 cylinder and 79 hp - same as mirage, but short of the brio and swift, both of which are 90-91 HP, both of which have more torque for going up hills. The new brio sedan will be unveiled shortly, so it might be worth looking at if you want a sedan. But personally I wouldn't consider it as I really hate the tan interior and cost cutting.

• Like 1

I've been in a friend's Almera automatic with 4 adults and it goes just fine. Sure it's not a racer, but who would buy an Almera if that's what they wanted? It is surprisingly roomy (loads of leg room in the back), has plenty of oomph for regular driving, and gets great gas mileage.

If you do lots of travelling in the steepest hills with heavy loads then probably not your first choice, BUT, my March has very easily coped with the hills to Pai with 3 adults and two children, so I have no real reason to believe that the Almera would be much different... And when I say the March coped easily, I mean at a level that surprised all of us. It really didn't struggle at all!

People get too tied up with the engine size; try driving one before being too negative.

Size isn't everything, it's how you drive it... or at least that's what I tell the wife!

wai2.gif

• Like 1

I believe the Almera will win hands down over the Mirage for interior space+stability.

and,, the Almeria and nissan march ,are available ,like now.

the Almeria , is certainly a good value for money option.

i have had nissan before , and i rate them highly.

I sat in a mirage in a showroom while waitng around while the wife sat around talking plastic bits and money on a lancer.

I was worried about moving too quickly in case the car fell apart and also felt I should have had a blue rinse and rollers in my hair along with a yorkshire terrier.

If you can go a little upmarket, I just saw a nissan sylphy - hate the name....this morning and it looked very nice in dark gold colour.

If you can go a little upmarket, I just saw a nissan sylphy - hate the name....this morning and it looked very nice in dark gold colour.

Sylphy(yeah,what's with this name?) is great step up from Almera...did test drive one,really comfortable ride,not speedy,but enough for the non-freak driver smile.png ...but the rear space is what one needs to notice...it's the most legroom in the class!!...don't want to go back to Almera after that biggrin.png

• 11 months later...

I own a mirage for the last 7 months. It's rather good. The Almeira and Mirage cost abt the same and both have a 1.2 litre engine. Always better to have a smaller car with a smaller engine than a big car witb small engine. My Mirage gives me 20km/Litre on a trip from CM to Phitsanulok and back. So pretty good on the hills with fuel.

All round good car and decent space inside.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app