Where Can I Buy Clothes In Pattaya Area?

Tiger7Moth

I am 178cm in height (5'10") and 80kg in weight (176 LBS). I have had surgery on both shoulders (so, can't do much upper body work), I walk 2 - 4 hours a day - so, my legs are strong and thin - thus, all my extra weight is in my mid-section.

Ironically, it seems to me, I live in a part of Naklua where I am surrounded by Russians who make me look like a midget. They all seem to be dressed well - maybe vacationers with clothes from home.

But, I go to Big C and try on a shirt size large, ridiculous - size x-large, still small.

I go to Super Sports at Central and pretty much the same.

Ok, I am a overweight (and I am working on it) but, in the interim, until I have lost a few kg, is there anyplace to buy some clothes that fit and don't put a spotlight on my mid-section?

I often buy shirts on the market on Soi Buakhao near south pattaya road ans they have them in xxl size and t-shits sometimes 5-6-7 xl.

If you can't get anything to fit and you want to look well dressed, I suggest you find a tailor and have some made up to your exactly size, Buddha knows there are enough of them in Pattaya.

I always have my clothes made to measure.....it is so cheap here......I am currently having a 2 piece suit made 3500 baht trousers 800 baht long sleeve shirts 600 baht short sleeve 500 baht and this is from one of the best tailors.....so why not consider doing this ps. I am normal size 5'10 and fit lol

Thanks for the replies.

I don't want to have clothes custom made at this time because I am anticipating losing weight and improving the distribution. I moved back to Thailand, less than 2 months ago, after living on Phnom Penh for a year.

Although I can't do "weight training" for my upper body due to my shoulders, I have access to a swimming pool daily and am doing a sort of aerobics routine for my upper body (my access to exercise facilities in PP, including swimmng pool was much less in PP).

While my preference is to reduce my size through exercse, if I don't succeed this way after giving it a fair effort, I will have lipo surgery at Bangkok-Pattaya hospital. So, one way or another, my body shape will change and I am just looking at a short-term situation (and was looking for a short-term clothing option.

I always have my clothes made to measure.....it is so cheap here......I am currently having a 2 piece suit made 3500 baht trousers 800 baht long sleeve shirts 600 baht short sleeve 500 baht and this is from one of the best tailors.....so why not consider doing this ps. I am normal size 5'10 and fit lol

Please excuse my ignorance, I have never had clothes custom made. Is the material you use silk? Are there different types of silk and assuming so, is there a type you wouuld recommend. Or are there additional, preferable materials? Again, please excuse my ingnornance.

Thanks for the replies.

I don't want to have clothes custom made at this time because I am anticipating losing weight and improving the distribution. I moved back to Thailand, less than 2 months ago, after living on Phnom Penh for a year.

Although I can't do "weight training" for my upper body due to my shoulders, I have access to a swimming pool daily and am doing a sort of aerobics routine for my upper body (my access to exercise facilities in PP, including swimmng pool was much less in PP).

While my preference is to reduce my size through exercse, if I don't succeed this way after giving it a fair effort, I will have lipo surgery at Bangkok-Pattaya hospital. So, one way or another, my body shape will change and I am just looking at a short-term situation (and was looking for a short-term clothing option.

There is a shop in Central Festival, on the 4th / 5th floor (near the banks) called XL or XL Export or similar, that does clothes in a range of western sizes (I get boxers and shorts there).

Plus a number of the stalls at the Night Market on 2nd Rd, do shirts, trousers etc in a range of western sizes - the quality leaves something to be desired, but they're cheap and will last a few months.

Failing that spend a week-end in BKK - you can get just about anything there.

Please excuse my ignorance, I have never had clothes custom made. Is the material you use silk? Are there different types of silk and assuming so, is there a type you wouuld recommend. Or are there additional, preferable materials? Again, please excuse my ingnornance.

Sorry I should have explained I am talking about mens clothing.....I have had a few short sleeved shirts made in a cotton/silk mix really good for this climate same money 500 baht

Sorry I should have explained I am talking about mens clothing.....I have had a few short sleeved shirts made in a cotton/silk mix really good for this climate same money 500 baht

Thank you. Sounds good since cotton, I think, will absorb perspiration - not so sure about silk.

Thank you. Sounds good since cotton, I think, will absorb perspiration - not so sure about silk.

cotton & silk mixed fabric

Thanks for the replies.

There is a shop in Central Festival, on the 4th / 5th floor (near the banks) called XL or XL Export or similar, that does clothes in a range of western sizes (I get boxers and shorts there).

Plus a number of the stalls at the Night Market on 2nd Rd, do shirts, trousers etc in a range of western sizes - the quality leaves something to be desired, but they're cheap and will last a few months.

Failing that spend a week-end in BKK - you can get just about anything there.

Thanks, I will try the place at Central Festival.

why did you feel the need to say that? and why do think it is funny?

nothing bad meant by it but now I wish I had not bothered to try to help you

nothing bad meant by it but now I wish I had not bothered to try to help you

I did not do the OP