Socket Circuit

TS79

Method 1 is more cost effective and and is a common practice. So long as the the wires are inserted properly in the backs of the receptacles it is safe. (kick it up a notch by neglecting to use the inserts in the back of the socket. bend a hook on the end of the wire and terminate the wire end under the screws on the side of the receptacle. the connection will be more reliable, do not over tourque the screws)

Method 2 is superior because there is only 1 splice point. However, the cost will be higher and it would not be worth it in my opinion.

Either is fine, horses for courses.

Daisy chain (method 1) can be more economical on cable provided your conduit is run via the shortest route outlet to outlet and it does mean that you can get at all the connections easily. UK wiring tends to be done like this.

Our place is wired with droppers from a ceiling run conduit, one JB at the top of each outlet drop. If you choose this way do ensure that you can get at any boxes that don't contain maintenance-free connectors.

On my previous post I should have mentioned that 'method 1' is the common practice in North American houses constructed with wood framed walls. The way Crossy wired his house is the common practice in Thailand.

But unless you are competent and performing the splices yourself, I would shell out the extra baht and forego the splice in the JB (you will still use the JB above each drop, but only for wire routeing) and wire according to the diagram of 'method 1'.

Loop in loop out at each fitting and use J -boxes where and as required. J boxes should have insulated screw type tunnel connectors or similiar. J -boxes are to be accessable.

Circuit for socket outlets should be 2.5sqmm with a PE conductor to each earth contact of the 3 pin socket outlet.

Protective device should be a 20A RCBO for the circuit. Max number of points on a circuit 20. A twin outlet is 2 socket outlets.