Marriage Visa

Hello,

I am German, 39 years old, male. I am married to a thai citizen, my wife. I life and work in Thailand since 8 years with Non-Immigrant B Visa and workpermit. I have an income around 40.000 Baht and 400.000 Baht in the bank. But this amount s not since 2 months in the bank. My wife got several accounts with around 1,5 million Baht.

My questions:

1) Does the money in my wife's accounts apply to the 400.000 or do I have to have an account in my name with 400.000 Baht since two months?

2) What paperwork do I need to proof my income?

Thank you very much.

1. Only your income and money in the bank counts. So you will need to have the 400,000 baht in a bankaccount in Thailand in your name only for at least 2 months. A joined account is also not accpeted.

2. That depends on where your income comes from. Income from within Thailand is shown with tax receipts, income from abroad is proven with a letter from your embassy confirming your income.

If you need more time to season the money, you can apply for a 60 day extension based on your marriage and extend for 1 year once the money has been seasoned.

Don't know too much about No 2, but the money in No 1 MUST be yours in a single account. No joint accounts.

In a joint account, it need to be 800k.

But extension b/c of being married, the 40k income should be everything, he need!

A rough guide.

As said if using the bank method it has to be in an account in your name only. Not joint.

(6) In case of marriage with a Thai lady, the husband who is an alien must have an average annual income of not less than 40,000 baht per month or a money deposit in a local Thai bank of not less than 400,000 baht for the past 2 months for expenses within a year.

Letter from your Thai Bank showing balance and up to date bank book.

OR.

Letter from your Embassy showing income. Now may also need proof of income as back up.

Marriage Certificate

Marriage Registry entry.

Wife's Tabbien Baan and ID Card.

Your Passport.

Copies of everything.

Photos of you and your Wife in and around the house.

A map showing the way to your house.

Passport size photos and 1,900 Baht fee.

Take your Wife to be interviewed.

One or two witnesses may be required.

You will be given a 30 day under consideration stamp.

Go back in a month and get the remainder.

how can you take , or how can they ask for a 'confirmation of freedom to marry' for a married visa

the original one of those you would of had would of been kept by the amphur when you married ,, and you cannot get another as of course after getting married you are no longer free to marry

Do you never copy documents? I copied my affirmation to marry, was asked for it last year, but this year the officer gave it back to me. If you need to you can go to the Amphur and get a copy or another document similiar to the registry in the Amphur.