Russian Stabs Two Security Guards Outside Insomnia Pub In Pattaya's Walking Street

Rimmer

I normally carry a pocket knife both for the utility aspect and defense if needed. In 16 years here I have never needed it for defense but I would have no qualms about cutting a foot that was aimed at my head. It is a very small 2 1/2 inch blade but it is very sharp.

The Russian may have asked for it and it appears he got more than he gave. The best thing is to never get in that position. In the case of a mugger I would feel justified in using the little blade. Even at my age, I'm not handing over my wallet without a struggle.

JFC............how is it that nowadays you have loads of people,not only in Thailand but also in the West that have the need to carry a knife ?!?!

Its the most mean and ugly weapon there is and people who carries it in the streets should be executed straight away IMHO coffee1.gif ..................

What nonsene, Gun crime is rampant in some countries. Those with strict gun laws have knife problems, those with strict knife laws, have blunt weapon problems etc etc.

Until society can protect everyone, people should have a right to defend themselves and their families, which includes the use of weapons. Many countires deny that basic right to citizens yet fail to adequately protect them. Criminals, mindless thugs, addcits, gang members, all have weapons and will use them.

Quite frankly, if 2 bouncers were hammering me, I use whatever I could get my hands on to stop them, if I could.

You proved my point then.What you end up with are a lot of drunk,drug crazed and paranoid people who all carry a leathal weapon..........no wonder there are mayhem in the streets when people have a go at each other and all are carrying !!

I agree with your other point when it comes to the unability by society to clear the thugs from the streets,mainly because of their "rights" and a unadecate and in many cases,useless police force bah.gif !!!