Thanksgiving Food Review

just_Elaine

Where did you have Thanksgiving? What did you eat? Would you do this again? Why or why not?

For us:

We had Thanksgiving at home and cooked.

Duck breasts in a Cointreau, shallot, wine sauce, potato and leek pancakes, sauteed shitake mushrooms, sauteed Chinese broccoli and Passion Fruit Gelee Cheesecake.

Yes, if someone else does the cleaning. It was delicious, but there was such a mess made!

I had dinner at dukes night bazaar. Started out a little sketchy with no choice of either turkey, ham or salmon as the tv posted menu suggested. No problem we all at turkey with all the fixins and know body could finish. One of my favorite parts of t- day is the next day left overs and football. Will definitely enjoy the left overs and book early next year so as to get a seat at the riverside dukes which I enjoy more. One suggestion for Dave. Make the salad portion bigger. Well done and will return.

Kevin

We served some turkey in the Night Bazaar because we had a group of 100 students and their families in for an early dinner and we thought we would have extra. At The Duke's in either location, for Thanksgiving, ask for more and you can get it, more salad, mashed potatoes, stuffing, turkey or pie. Order turkey and want some ham and you can get it. It's all about eating too much with family and friends. It was a great day for us at The Duke's and I want to thanks everyone who came out.

Not American but was at Dukes that night, very American menu isn't it? Food pretty ordinary and bill bloody expensive, ripped off once was enough, plenty of better and cheaper options around. Before the loyal bite that is just our honest opinion.

Not American but was at Dukes that night, very American menu isn't it? Food pretty ordinary and bill bloody expensive, ripped off once was enough, plenty of better and cheaper options around. Before the loyal bite that is just our honest opinion.

I'm American but never cared for Thanksgiving dinners very much either. If you absolutely love turkey maybe it's a good holiday, otherwise I'd give it a pass.

Well I am a regular at Dukes but I did not go there as I was to late to reserve two seats. Being as my boy was here I thought may be I would go out for one usually I don't bother.

I had looked at many different places with a Thanksgiving diner and I fail to see where the price was high. Care to share your opinion only of where the plenty of better and cheaper options for a Thanksgiving diner are,

We wound up going to the River Market and had a good diner it of course it was not a Thanksgiving diner it was Thai fusion,

Perhaps next year I will reserve for one. I do not have the facilities to prepare a full course Thanksgiving one so it will have to be out.

Sorry just_Elaine

While your diner sounds delicious it was just a fancy diner on Thanksgiving. Not a Thanksgiving diner, Even in Canada where we copied the day at a different time of the year a turkey is the mainstay of a Thanksgiving diner.

Edited by hellodolly

Another fine Thanksgiving spread at the Dukes. We, with our 3 kids, were put in the side room with many of the other families that incl. children, which made a very nice atmosphere. Took us all the next day to finish the leftovers and the turkey are really moist, Dave where is it from?

The better half brought back a "day after" plate from Bake-n-Bite. It was as good or better than anything I remember from back home. Absolutely huge portion of turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, vegetables, buns, and cranberry for 250 baht. Will do the proper day next year there.

The better half brought back a "day after" plate from Bake-n-Bite. It was as good or better than anything I remember from back home. Absolutely huge portion of turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, vegetables, buns, and cranberry for 250 baht. Will do the proper day next year there.

Agreed. Bake and Bite does really excellent holiday turkey dinners and the price is right too. A lot of places serve tough, dry turkey, but Gai seems to know how to keep it moist and tender and the mashed potatoes, stuffing and vegetables are just like home.

Sorry you found the food pretty ordinary. However to each his own. Perhaps you would share with us where you obtain plenty of BETTER and CHEAPER options
  • Like 1

Not American but was at Dukes that night, very American menu isn't it?

Lol, that's the first time I have heard an American restaurant being criticized for having a "very American menu"...

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

And you were kind enough not to mention it was a Thanksgiving dinner!!laugh.png

Well I am a regular at Dukes but I did not go there as I was to late to reserve two seats. Being as my boy was here I thought may be I would go out for one usually I don't bother.

I had looked at many different places with a Thanksgiving diner and I fail to see where the price was high. Care to share your opinion only of where the plenty of better and cheaper options for a Thanksgiving diner are,

We wound up going to the River Market and had a good diner it of course it was not a Thanksgiving diner it was Thai fusion,

Perhaps next year I will reserve for one. I do not have the facilities to prepare a full course Thanksgiving one so it will have to be out.

Sorry just_Elaine

While your diner sounds delicious it was just a fancy diner on Thanksgiving. Not a Thanksgiving diner, Even in Canada where we copied the day at a different time of the year a turkey is the mainstay of a Thanksgiving diner.

I guess it is all how you look at it. For us, we spent a few minutes talking about what we are thankful for and celebrated with a nice meal. We are missing the other elements of Thanksgiving, like the turkey and being with family, but one can still celebrate and take time to think about things. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday.

• Like 1

A little misleading there.

If I remember the cost of the diner was more like 550 baht for the thanksgiving diner there,

If I had known they sold doggy bags we would have dropped by to get one.

A little misleading there.

If I remember the cost of the diner was more like 550 baht for the thanksgiving diner there,

If I had known they sold doggy bags we would have dropped by to get one.

I think the "Day After" part is key to not being misleading smile.png

Edited by mania
  • Like 1

Sorry just_Elaine

I guess it is all how you look at it. For us, we spent a few minutes talking about what we are thankful for and celebrated with a nice meal. We are missing the other elements of Thanksgiving, like the turkey and being with family, but one can still celebrate and take time to think about things. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday.

That's all I said it was a nice meal not a Thanksgiving diner, The rest of your actions were Thanksgiving.

It is a nice holiday in the sense that buying stuff is not the center of it. It is a time for more personal inner things.

For some it can be a downer. All though they enjoy living in Thailand for one reason or another they still miss family and former friends back where they come from. I know I do and was very fortunate to have my boy visiting.

To some it is a bah humbug what is there ti be thankful for day. Not all of us enjoy Thailand. For my self I am very grateful to be able to live in this wonderful country. Of course it is a matter of choice for me. I am retired and can afford to live back in Canada where I used to live. Of course I would move if I had to go back there. Victoria BC is where I would go.

This seems hard to believe. All that for 250 ? Where is bake n bite please?

This seems hard to believe. All that for 250 ? Where is bake n bite please?

Too late now. Have to wait for next year. Day after only.