Saturday Mass Rally Will Be Peaceful : Pitak Siam

webfact

ANTI-GOVERNMENT RALLY

Saturday mass rally will be peaceful : Pitak Siam

The Nation

30194888-01_big.jpg

File photo : Yingluck

BANGKOK: -- Anti-government Pitak Siam group reaffirmed that its rally tomorrow will be peaceful and more than 500,000 protesters are expected to turn up at the rally site.

Pitak Siam group spokesman Air Marshal Watchara Ritthakanee said the group's rally at the Royal Plaza on Saturday and Sunday will be non-violent and that the movement will not move the crowd to Government House or Parliament.

Air Marshal Watchara however said as 500,000 people are expected to turn up at the Royal Plaza, the protesters may expand the rally to roads surrounding the rally site.

Meanwhile, police have stepped up security in and around Government House as the cabinet announced enforcement of the Internal Security Act (ISA) in three districts of Bangkok until next Friday.

Five roads were closed today ahead of the Saturday protest, paralysing traffic in the area. For their convenience, commuters have been advised to avoid the routes surrounding the rally site until the protest ends.

Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra entered Government House this morning to record her weekly televised address which will be aired tomorrow morning with secretary-general of the National Security Council Lt-Gen Paradon Phatthanathabutr and national police chief Pol Gen Adul Saengsingkaew, amid tight security.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-11- 23

Pitak Siam pledges non-violent protest against government

By Digital Media

BANGKOK, Nov 23 – Thailand’s anti-government Pitak Siam group reaffirmed that its rally tomorrow will be peaceful and more than 500,000 protesters are expected to turn up at the rally site.

Pitak Siam group spokesman Air Marshal Watchara Ritthakanee said the group’s rally at the Royal Plaza on Saturday and Sunday will be non-violent and that the movement will not move the crowd to Government House or Parliament.

Air Marshal Watchara however said as 500,000 people are expected to turn up at the Royal Plaza, the protesters may expand the rally to roads surrounding the rally site.

Meanwhile, police have stepped up security in and around Government House as the cabinet announced enforcement of the Internal Security Act (ISA) in three districts of Bangkok until next Friday.

Five roads were closed today ahead of the Saturday protest, paralysing traffic in the area. For their convenience, commuters have been advised to avoid the routes surrounding the rally site until the protest ends.

Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra entered Government House this morning to record her weekly televised address which will be aired tomorrow morning with secretary-general of the National Security Council Lt-Gen Paradon Phatthanathabutr and national police chief Pol Gen Adul Saengsingkaew, amid tight security. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2012-11-23

Not familiar with the Royal Plaza. Is it big enough for a 1/2 million protesters and 80,000 police and Red volunteers? I cant imagine how to get that many people in one place anywhere in BKK.

Gotta wonder how many would have showed up if the govt didnt freak out and cause so much publicity?

• Like 1

Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra entered Government House this morning to record her weekly televised address which will be aired tomorrow morning with secretary-general of the National Security Council Lt-Gen Paradon Phatthanathabutr and national police chief Pol Gen Adul Saengsingkaew, amid tight security.

Good our PM Yingluck sticks to important issues

If it does go pear shaped I would hope cameras record those that push it in that direction. I doubt Pitak Siam will be responsible. More like 'plants' or the third element that no-one will admit to.

I wouldn't even attempt to try to guess what's going to happen.

At some point there is going to be a confrontation and if one side doesn't back down, then bang.

Am I wrong in thinking that it cannot be allowed to go off peacefully? Massive loss of face involved for Chalerm and the government if it does. All the precautions they have been taking makes me think it is almost certain that troublemakers will start something. Now, I am not naive enough to think that some of the 500,000 who are supposed to be attending might want to cause a bit of aggro, but it has looked more likely that someone or some groups have been planted to start trouble.

You are right on it can not be allowed to be trouble free. As you say lose of face, Yingluck claiming they have a plan to kidnap her. The Government doing every thing in it's power to make it look like the protesters are as low as the red shirts in 2010.

There is no way they can allow it to be peaceful. It will make them look like chicken little who ran around yelling the sky is falling the sky is falling in that old bed time story for kids.

Lacking morals the trouble makers will be putting on yellow shirts over their red shirts. After they have got it stirred up they will sneak around and take the yellow shirts off and come back pretending to help stop the trouble they have stirred up.

I wouldn't put it past them to invade another hospital before they take their yellow shirts off,

Edited by hellodolly

Am I wrong in thinking that it cannot be allowed to go off peacefully? Massive loss of face involved for Chalerm and the government if it does. All the precautions they have been taking makes me think it is almost certain that troublemakers will start something. Now, I am not naive enough to think that some of the 500,000 who are supposed to be attending might want to cause a bit of aggro, but it has looked more likely that someone or some groups have been planted to start trouble.

You are right on it can not be allowed to be trouble free. As you say lose of face, Yingluck claiming they have a plan to kidnap her. The Government doing every thing in it's power to make it look like the protesters are as low as the red shirts in 2010.

There is no way they can allow it to be peaceful. It will make them look like chicken little who ran around yelling the sky is falling the sky is falling in that old bed time story for kids.

Lacking morals the trouble makers will be putting on yellow shirts over their red shirts. After they have got it stirred up they will sneak around and take the yellow shirts off and come back pretending to help stop the trouble they have stirred up.

I wouldn't put it past them to invade another hospital before they take their yellow shirts off,

So no matter what happens, any violence can only be the red shirt's fault. Fascinating. And so simple! What happens after that? This is gripping stuff...

Edited by 15Peter20
  • Like 2

Guess they all had red shirts under there yellow shirts at the airport take over. Its the yellow shirts who are fighting the democratic process that got Yingluck voted in, basically she got more votes than the other guy. Edited by marstons

Guess they all had red shirts under there yellow shirts at the airport take over. Its the yellow shirts who are fighting the democratic process that got Yingluck voted in, basically she got more votes than the other guy.

Accountability doesn't stop at the end of the vote-counting.

• Like 1

What is of most concern: has the "Third hand" paid to ensure there will be trouble? so that their Bad Mouthing the protesters before the rally has even been started,can later be justifying Chalerms Panic and Scaremongering.

I don't really think Chalerm needs to worry about losing face,you can't lose what you never had!

If it does go pear shaped I would hope cameras record those that push it in that direction. I doubt Pitak Siam will be responsible. More like 'plants' or the third element that no-one will admit to.

Are you putting you self forward for this operation:)

third element to muddy the waters

I play comedy in the Thai group of Doo Dokraedone. Tonight we played comedy in Petchabun province.

On the way back there were 10!!! police roadblocks between Petchabun and Saraburi and 2 more between Saraburi and Bangkok. We were stopped 3 times.

These police roadblocks have been installed by the Shinawatra family regime to stop people from joining the rally in Bangkok today.

What has a government done wrong if it has to take these kind of measures?