webfact

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pattaya Radio 105 FM just announced how many police blocks were set up and many groups of Thais were prevented rom getting to the demonstration and some were even arrested.... Seems like this has happened all the way and therefore the poor turn up .... The amount of protesters would have benn much more if all these check points ( Not really check posts but rather STOP Posts ) had not been there as for the Red Shirts in 2010 ... They were GO THROUGH POSTS at that time... well, things change I guess //// sick.gif

It will be interesting to compare how this govt deals with protests vs how Abhisit dealt with the 2010 shindig.

The Police did nothing for Abhisit,just stood around letting the Red Shirts take over Bangkok. Big difference when they actually do their job!

I remember pro-Abhisit posters saying that his one and only mistake in the build up to the violence of 2010 was letting the protest go on for too long. That it was by Abhisit's own tolerant approach that the police 'just stood around letting the Red Shirts take over Bangkok'. Now that this government is trying to avoid the same mistake and avert an escalation, we are told by the same posters the action is unacceptable. Strange.

You still don't get it! under Abhisit there was no will by the Police to clear the streets,because they sided with the Red Shirts,this time the target is much more to their liking,so they are motivated to do their job,because they don't favour the demonstraters of todays Rally. Clear now?

Thank you for setting me straight. Now I understand how the police actually were on the side of the Yellows that took over the airport whilst a pro-Thaksin government was in charge. A fickle bunch, those BIB, aren't they? Always changing sides and all...

Thank you for setting me straight. Now I understand how the police actually were on the side of the Yellows that took over the airport whilst a pro-Thaksin government was in charge. A fickle bunch, those BIB, aren't they? Always changing sides and all...

No you don't get it.

• Like 1

Police fired 10 tear gas canisters at a group of demonstrators who removed barbed wire and barriers blocking their way near a UN building, said police spokesman Major General Prawut Thawornsiri.

I wonder if these are the Chinese tear gas canisters that contain shrapnel.

Not sure if they were Chinese made, but the Thai tv news showed pictures of them and the text on the canisters was in English: "Use before May 2012". rolleyes.gif

Wouldnt have been Chinese made. No spelling mistakes in a sentence that long, and no pictures.
  • Like 1

Police fired 10 tear gas canisters at a group of demonstrators who removed barbed wire and barriers blocking their way near a UN building, said police spokesman Major General Prawut Thawornsiri.

I wonder if these are the Chinese tear gas canisters that contain shrapnel.

Not sure if they were Chinese made, but the Thai tv news showed pictures of them and the text on the canisters was in English: "Use before May 2012". rolleyes.gif

Wouldnt have been Chinese made. No spelling mistakes in a sentence that long, and no pictures.

So let's work this out. Someone in the Army has kindly given you some CS gas canisters. And left all the markings intact so everyone knows where they came from. Really????

sent from my Q6

Pattaya Radio 105 FM just announced how many police blocks were set up and many groups of Thais were prevented rom getting to the demonstration and some were even arrested.... Seems like this has happened all the way and therefore the poor turn up .... The amount of protesters would have benn much more if all these check points ( Not really check posts but rather STOP Posts ) had not been there as for the Red Shirts in 2010 ... They were GO THROUGH POSTS at that time... well, things change I guess //// sick.gif

A friends dad was taken off a Lamphung to Bangkok bus at a check point because he had 2 bags of clothes and food stuffs. The police questioned him for so long the bus had to go and left him. And he had to go to CM and get a flight down as they were having a family trip to Hua Hin this weekend.

sent from my Q6

Edited by thaicbr

Police fire tear gas at protesters

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Police on Saturday fired tear gas at protesters gathering at Makawan Rangsan Bridge at about 9am.

Police claimed that some protesters wanted to break barricades to join other protesters already inside, so the police had to fire the tear gas to stop the attempt.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-11- 24

What.

I don't even understand how hypocritical this government can get. Someone should make an infogram detailing the red protest and response compared to this protest and the response. Less than 24 hours, and moving something is not a precedent for tear gas to be fired. Invading a major district by force, and piling up barricades and burning tires, however, is a different situation.

you seems to miss the point that THIS mob not asking for a new election (wich is totaly democratic) they want to coupe the country wich is a high diffrents...........what you also miss is that the red shirt movement was over 2.5 weeks totaly peavefull and got intense after life ammo got used against protestors such burned some tired.........its a totaly diffrent situation yes and TEAR GAS is nothing compared to other countries mate, in germany england and france police will hit you with sticks if you not follow a given demonstration route in a government area ............not to forget that there is also the palace of his majestry have to get protected.

how about you now answer us how they can cut a high quality NATO steel fence if they not have the tools and was prepared for this action.

maybe you should start think before acting such hypocritical ?

• Like 1

This thread has been better than a day at the races..................

Loony right wing expats urging on a loony right wing general in an attempt to bring down an elected Government.

Kudos to Yingluck and co for doing the right things.

And we've been driving up north to petchabun signal dropping out and in through the rain.

It

'S over for now

Just saw it on BBC world news " Amazing Thailand " just in time for the high season can only think this has got something to do with the opposition we will be still seeing this type of unrest in 20 years how much were they paid to demonstrate 500 baht. Thailand is becoming the laughing stock of the worldhow some of these idiots made General in the army is a MIRACLE !!!!!!!!!!!!

this is what I was thinking about - being myself - and knowing many friends here - who are in tourism or related bussineses - this is another nightmare coming up!

I already received several phone calls and emails from people asking if it is safe to go to Thailand or if the mayhem is starting all over again!

High season is starting and this is where many here have to earn a large part of their income for the rest of the year. Just when things started to get back to normal - and during a time where other countries in the region luring tourists away from Thailand big time - some people who think they own this country and pretend to have the best for the country at heart start to destroy everything.

This ("General" what a joke!) - thug out of uniform should be arrested and tried for treason! But he is of course only the messenger - whoever is behind this should be exposed and held responsible!

With tickets for Xmas flights to LOS around £1K at the moment I think the seats are pretty full, for this year at any rate.

My, my. So many voices not seen since the last PTP government "action",

who have all suddenly reappeared... 'as if by magic', all with variations on the same lines.

Protestors bad, government good

Good job put down the demonstrating thugs

Old world greed put down by altruistic government

Governments never fall because of public protests other places,

so this one can go to extreme measures to put down protesters

Not many showed up a rally so it's not a popular movement.

(ignoring that they were prevented from showing up )

All the right words to back the governments planned image,

and photographers, cameramen and protestors cameras

showing violence against protestors confiscated.

Propaganda 201 all in a days for a damned hampster

on a diamond encrusted treadmill.

I don't doubt, that many where kept from joining and I think, that is a bad thing to do in a "democracy".

Having said that: please enlighten me...just how many have been kept away?

30.000 took part, so....was it 70.000, 470.000 or 970.000, to reach the numbers announced, starting from 1 Mio...

It is not a popular movement, and I thank God (who I don't believe in) that it isn't!

Guys and gals from yesteryear, with the idea of a good coup, freezing the country, having an appointed government and -to top it all and if all else fails- calling for the death of the PM.

No...I think, this country has enough problems, it doesn't need these guys at all!

• Like 1

Actually, according to the BBC, an usually quite reliable news organization, only around 10,000 persons attended the demonstration.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...d-asia-20475280

When you think about it, if you compare the number of incidents to the number of demonstrators, it was a very violent demonstration. Further proof that despite the claims of a number of posters it was not a pacific demonstration and the goal was very clearly to create as much chaos as possible.

And if you add the call for murder from some of the organizers, Pitak Siaam looks more and more like a terrorist organization rather than a democratic opposition movement.

A bit like burn Bangkok. Give them a seat in parliament

Actually, according to the BBC, an usually quite reliable news organization, only around 10,000 persons attended the demonstration.

When you think about it, if you compare the number of incidents to the number of demonstrators, it was a very violent demonstration. Further proof that despite the claims of a number of posters it was not a pacific demonstration and the goal was very clearly to create as much chaos as possible.

And if you add the call for murder from some of the organizers, Pitak Siaam looks more and more like a terrorist organization rather than a democratic opposition movement.

Nice balance then - terrorist red, terrorist opposition. Still odds on for a coup unless this democratically elected government starts to govern democratically.

Getting an electoral majority may not be enough to keep this government in power, now or after any future elections.

All the time policies are ideological rather than driven by a benefit to Thailand, the merry-go-round won't stop.

In my humblest opinion of course

And since when have thailand's police 'enforced the law' as you claim?

maybe you don't get it? If YOU organize a protest then YOU are reponsible that YOU obey by the rules and laws of the country- as agreed to in the permit from the authorities! If YOUR protest that YOU organized gets out of hand and breaks the rules and the law - YOU will be held responsible and not the police!

And we are obviously witnessing proper law inforcement this time - speaks for the government!

Posted Today, 18:14

And since when have thailand's police 'enforced the law' as you claim?

maybe you don't get it? If YOU organize a protest then YOU are reponsible that YOU obey by the rules and laws of the country- as agreed to in the permit from the authorities! If YOUR protest that YOU organized gets out of hand and breaks the rules and the law - YOU will be held responsible and not the police!

And we are obviously witnessing proper law inforcement this time - speaks for the government!

Reply Post Cancelled

By MAJIC

Edited by MAJIC

Agreed !!thumbsup.gif

And on BBC news they had Dr Thitinan Pongsudhirak, Professor of political science at Chulalongkorn University

who rightly said Thailand has to learn that you cant keep having these back and forth disruptions and that

if the likes of Pitak Siaam want to gain power, then they must convince the electorate

and win at the ballot box. Dr Pongsudhirak also believe the rally fizzled out because they were

relying on the army to step in -which this time it didn't. So there is hope Thailand is learning about

democracy.

Edited by sbk
Please do not modify other peoples posts in a quote

Nice balance then - terrorist red, terrorist opposition. Still odds on for a coup unless this democratically elected government starts to govern democratically.

Getting an electoral majority may not be enough to keep this government in power, now or after any future elections.

All the time policies are ideological rather than driven by a benefit to Thailand, the merry-go-round won't stop.

Sorry, according to the latest poll, a vast majority of Thai support the decision to invoke the Internal Security Act. They want no more violence, no more coup.

Obviously getting an electoral majority will still remain the only way to run this country.

I agree that there are two or three Pitak Siam organisers who may be in need of having their head examined.

The part "very violent demonstration" is pure and utter a manurish type of remark. Of course if you also consider the March - May 2010 happening a vile terrorist attack by red-shirts and their UDD leaders (who may also be in need of having their head examined), I'm willing to let this pass. wai2.gif

Edited by rubl
  • Like 1

Sorry, according to the latest poll, a vast majority of Thai support the decision to invoke the Internal Security Act. They want no more violence, no more coup.

Obviously getting an electoral majority will still remain the only way to run this country.

The vast majority of Thai happens to be 62.38% of 1,017 people in Bangkok asked. Suan Dusit poll.

The vast majority of Thai happens to be 62.38% of 1,017 people in Bangkok asked. Suan Dusit poll.

I didn't talk about a landslide but 62.38 % is nevertheless a clear majority. wink.png

_

I didn't talk about a landslide but 62.38 % is nevertheless a clear majority. wink.png

"vast majority of Thai" = "62.38% of 1,017 people in Bangkok"

Anyway, next we'll ask a few outside Bangkok as well and make it "almost all Thai" rolleyes.gif

you seems to miss the point that THIS mob not asking for a new election (wich is totaly democratic) they want to coupe the country wich is a high diffrents...........what you also miss is that the red shirt movement was over 2.5 weeks totaly peavefull and got intense after life ammo got used against protestors such burned some tired.........its a totaly diffrent situation yes and TEAR GAS is nothing compared to other countries mate, in germany england and france police will hit you with sticks if you not follow a given demonstration route in a government area ............not to forget that there is also the palace of his majestry have to get protected.

how about you now answer us how they can cut a high quality NATO steel fence if they not have the tools and was prepared for this action.

maybe you should start think before acting such hypocritical ?

The red shirt protests got intense after the red shirts invaded parliament and Thaicom, the latter using molotov cocktails. Live ammo was used after a colonel was killed by a grenade on April 10.

I doubt that the palace would be at risk from the "yellow shirts". Government house could have been at risk, which is why it was being protected today.

"a high quality NATO steel fence" ???? Really? It seemed to be just a bit of razor wire, the way it can so easily with wire snips.

Democracy and the right to protest were the losers today.

Red shirt sycophants circling in on what they see as a victory will do well to think about Thailand as a whole rather than some crude form of cannibalistic kill.

Why not be honest for once. This was not a protest. This was a mob of thugs with a calculated purpose to incite violence and apparently create enough chaos to get military involved. Demonstrate is the last thing they cared about. They had an agenda to remove Yingluck by any means possible.

I am sure it is dissappointing to you haters that violence and chaos did not preceded military intervention and removal of Yingluck. She actually showed good leadership by keeping control of the situation and keeping the general public safe.

Time to respect the country and it's political system and stop acting like children not getting their way.

• Like 1

Red shirt sycophants circling in on what they see as a victory will do well to think about Thailand as a whole rather than some crude form of cannibalistic kill.

Why not be honest for once. This was not a protest. This was a mob of thugs with a calculated purpose to incite violence and apparently create enough chaos to get military involved. Demonstrate is the last thing they cared about. They had an agenda to remove Yingluck by any means possible.

I am sure it is dissappointing to you haters that violence and chaos did not preceded military intervention and removal of Yingluck. She actually showed good leadership by keeping control of the situation and keeping the general public safe.

Time to respect the country and it's political system and stop acting like children not getting their way.

20,000 violent thugs? Yet we constantly get the "peaceful red shirts". It seems that cutting some barbed wire is much more violent than burning tyres and launching grenades.

• Like 1

20,000 violent thugs? Yet we constantly get the "peaceful red shirts". It seems that cutting some barbed wire is much more violent than burning tyres and launching grenades.

Do you think the police should have allowed the protesters to push them back and breach their lines?

As tactics go, the police handled it really well.

looking at history, a big show of force, no pussy footing around when challenged the first time, but no extremes. Checking people for weapons is obviously good policing. At the end of the day they stopped what appeared to me to be a situation ready made for a coup.

Maybe it shows that having the police in charge of an ISA is the way forward. Putting the ISA in also put the army firmly in the loop. Say what u like about ptp being useless, they politically handled this very well.

Maybe they and ptp aren't quite as bone head stupid as people say, because this could have ended in a disaster for the country. Let's hope this sets a precedent for all future mass rallies.

On the 1st day of the red shirt protests there was no violence. Their violence occurred after the army attacked them.