Thai Police Fire Tear Gas At Political Protest

webfact

Wonder what Mr Abhisits and the Dems reaction will be?

Of course they will denounce the protest especially as they publicly called for the death of the prime Minister.

Or will they soil themselves once again?

Their silence so far had been deafening.

Unless they reinvent themselves they are rapidly becoming completely irrelevant in Thai politics.

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Surely a democratic principle as 'censure debate' can never be a total waste of time? What about transparency? Don't you think that's needed in a democracy?

Transparency! Like having the army general chair meetings at his personal residence to subvert democracy. LOL.

Well, it's difficult to force transparency in previous governments, but we can keep trying with the current government. One of the 'to be implemented in the first year' policies was:

1.3 Earnestly prevent and fight against corruption in the public sector by adhering to transparency and good governance which are universally accepted norms to ensure the effective use of resources for national development and true benefits to the nation; amend laws with a view to preventing and fighting against corruption; broaden the enforcement of legislation regarding prohibition of conflicts of interest to include persons who abuse power arising from their important and high positions without exception; rigorously enforce law to deal with corruption by government officers; strengthen morals, ethics and good governance of state personnel;and, foster consciousness and values of society which uphold integrity and justice.

and you have some evidence to show this government has done a worse job than the last administration on this issue?

Forget it, rich teacher. Join me in a new topic tomorrow when we have the censure debate. wai.gif

Forget it, rich teacher. Join me in a new topic tomorrow when we have the censure debate. wai.gif

I don't know where you lot get off slagging of the government for being corrupt with no evidence. The statistics from Transparency International show that TS was making progress with the endemic corruption problem before the army overthrew him.

20,000 violent thugs? Yet we constantly get the "peaceful red shirts". It seems that cutting some barbed wire is much more violent than burning tyres and launching grenades.

On the 1st day of the red shirt protests there was no violence. Their violence occurred after the army attacked them.

And the point needs to be made that BEFORE the army received any casualties on April 10th 2010 ar least 2!protestors had been shot dead.

Hear all the weaponry being fired before the explosion amongst the soldiers.

The violence had already begun.

A peaceful and legal protest (up to then at least) was re-labelled a terrorist plot and the army was sent in.

120,000 rounds fired and 2,500 sniper rounds later and all we ever hear from these anti- democrats on here it was all the fault of the MIB to date none if which have been identified/ arrested.

Nobody knows who killed colonel Romklao.

It's a mystery.

Today at the start they came to destroy.

They didn't want to be searched and so they attempted to break through the police lines and they failed.

Consigned to the dustbin of history.

What is peaceful about storming parliament and Thaicom?

I don't know where you lot get off slagging of the government for being corrupt with no evidence. The statistics from Transparency International show that TS was making progress with the endemic corruption problem before the army overthrew him.

I think you need to read up a bit more on Transparency International's index before using it to say the Thaksin was making progress.

With the PM having handled the situation so masterly, protesters gone home already, surely we can count on her to be present in parliament tomorrow to answer some questions the opposition would like to ask her during the censure debate ?wai.gif

Broken records you guys are. Last I heard this thread was about police using tear gas and protesters' actions yesterday. Your completely off topic as usual to shift focus. Why not go to the censure thread and ask your little question that I am sure you have asked over and over and over.

Well, you mentioned "She actually showed good leadership" rolleyes.gif

You too huh. I guess you are blaming me for your off topic rhetoric about Yingluck because I some how opened the door by saying she did a good job. I said she did a good job in handling this demonstration and keeping public safe during the protest.

Mine on topic, yours still off topic, but that's the way you guys roll. When nothing else to say about topic you try and save face through off topic whining about red shirts or Yingluck. Don't they have threads dedicated for that?

'you haters'? Whining? I just mentioned that I expect to see Ms. Yingluck tomorrow in an equally masterful approach.

Anyway, as I just told rich teacher, join me tomorrow for the censure debate. I'm sure we'll get a special topic for that.

Here we will (try to) concentrate on police firing teargas at a handful of protesters, allowing some to call the protesters part of a mob, all 20,000 of them. Or as some have it "peaceful protesters, not terrorists' wink.png

Edited by rubl
  • Like 1

Army generals ... Fugitive criminal ex-police officers ... Same Same But Different.

No. Difference is one is the rightful PM and the other has no business to interfere in politics.

The rightful PM???

Is Yingluck not the rightful Prime Minister even though she has to take orders from a convicted criminal living in self imposed exile to escape prison.

He obviously does not believe in the rule of law. But then again that was why he was arrested for following his own belief.

Which of course varies when he is talking out loud. Or has one of his stooges talking.

20,000 violent thugs? Yet we constantly get the "peaceful red shirts". It seems that cutting some barbed wire is much more violent than burning tyres and launching grenades.

On the 1st day of the red shirt protests there was no violence. Their violence occurred after the army attacked them.

And the point needs to be made that BEFORE the army received any casualties on April 10th 2010 ar least 2!protestors had been shot dead.

A peaceful and legal protest (up to then at least) was re-labelled a terrorist plot and the army was sent in.

120,000 rounds fired and 2,500 sniper rounds later and all we ever hear from these anti- democrats on here it was all the fault of the MIB to date none if which have been identified/ arrested.

It's a mystery.

They didn't want to be searched and so they attempted to break through the police lines and they failed.

Clutching at straws now Re we?

Useless accusation because you know nothing. If you were even in the same ball park as that statement you would have posted the statistics. I am surprised that a red shirt even knows about Transparency International.

It's a mystery.

thanks for bringing up the facts here!

Looking at the video the number of protestors seeking to break police lines numbered in the hundreds

The few hundreds.

as I said consigned to the dustbin of history.

This censure debate probably won't happen.

The dems will probably storm out of parliament in a petulant frenzy.

I believe something didn't go down today as planned but certainly the numbers didn't show so it's "back to the drawing board" parliament in a petulant frenzy.

I believe something didn't go down today as planned but certainly the numbers didn't show so it's "back to the drawing board

Addendum:

It's a pity but due to forum rules only so many quote/unquotes can be included in replyong to a post and it seems to me some regular posters on here routinely take advantage of these rules/number of quotes to obfuscate/delay responses and it is noted.

Clutching at straws now Re we?

Clutching at straws? You say that the protests were legal and peaceful up until April 10. Clearly, they weren't.

I had read that only one protester was killed before all hell broke loose. There was no evidence as to who killed him.

Only conspiracy theorists (ie Robert Amsterdam) suggest that Romclao was killed by one of his men.

Today they came and wanted to get to their protest area. There was no suggestion that the didn't want to be searched.

Sent from my HTC phone.

<snip>

Addendum:

It's a pity but due to forum rules only so many quote/unquotes can be included in replyong to a post and it seems to me some regular posters on here routinely take advantage of these rules/number of quotes to obfuscate/delay responses and it is noted.

:cheesy:

Sent from my HTC phone.

• Like 1

Looking at the video the number of protestors seeking to break police lines numbered in the hundreds

The few hundreds.

I believe something didn't go down today as planned but certainly the numbers didn't show so it's "back to the drawing board" parliament in a petulant frenzy.

I believe something didn't go down today as planned but certainly the numbers didn't show so it's "back to the drawing board

Addendum:

you are right - something did not go down today as planned - hence the hasty meeting of the army chief Prayuth and Daopong in civilian cloth at a certain location in bangkok (note back entrance!) to receive new orders - a few hours later the fascist poodle Boonlert called it off!

• Like 1

The few hundreds.

Addendum:

you are right - something did not go down today as planned - hence the hasty meeting of the army chief Prayuth and Daopong in civilian cloth at a certain location in bangkok (note back entrance!) to receive new orders - a few hours later the fascist poodle Boonlert called it off!

Not enough protesters, and not enough conclusive tv coverage of the police going overboard.

Energizer bunny. Still going. Seems like all sides would be happy this protest is over before people get hurt or bad things happen. Nothing good was going to come of this. The sad part is those whinning about no democracy or rigt to protext probably care less about right to protest. They just want Yingluck removed just as prior protext have done. At least be honest about and stop playing victim card crap.

Looks like the days of mob rule and ad hoc coups are done. Yingluck had a great plan in place to keep protesters from escalating this into another full blown nightmare. This protected the protesters, the public, the cops and everyone as many people could have gotten injured if the radical thugs trying to run this protest got their way.

The government needs to take control of this mess and keep people out of the streets. That really serves no purpose other than to cause more serious long term problems and further instablity in the government. Perhaps Obama and US helped Yingluck and her crew plan for this chaotic attempt to once again overthrow the government.

There is a new sheriff in town and things are going to be different now. This is a great time for all those unhappy to focus all tha energy in a positive direction. Start planning for elections. top being so devisive as it actually will make it more difficlt for them to gain additional votes in the long term.

Focus on better Thailand rather than obcessing about how to make Yingluck's plans fail, her look bad or how to take her out. That is just pure insanity and destructive to the country. Cannot undertsand how bothsides do not see what should be crystal clear. But alas, it is this very attitude seen on TV from many that keep the country in turmoil and uncertainty. Stop being part of the porbem and becomes part of the solution.

so i guess we can label people arguing against the police in this thread 'PS supporters' in the same way people get called red supporters for taking issue with certain army actions of 2010.

anyway, seeya boonlert, have a good life now... keep reaching for the stars, i heard there's at least a million up there.