Foreign Currency Regulations And Taxation

As many of the Aliens living in Thailand may not be able to know about the rules and regulations of the Foreign Currency Regulations/Taxation in Thailand I would like to start this topic and share.

It further complicates the matter when you become a PR holder/ Thai National. How does the rules apply to you. what happens to your money earned abroad, how can you bring the same to Thailand. How can you take the money out of Thailand.

To start with here is the links

http://www.bot.or.th/English/ForeignExchangeRegulations/FXRegulation/Pages/ExchangeControlLaw.aspx

http://www.bot.or.th/Thai/ForeignExchangeRegulations/FXRegulation/Pages/SummaryofRegThaiVers.aspx

Personal experiences and advices are Welcome!

It further complicates the matter when you become a PR holder/ Thai National. How does the rules apply to you. what happens to your money earned abroad...

no complications at all. the income tax rules on offshore proceeds for Thais and Farangs are identical.

• 3 weeks later...
It further complicates the matter when you become a PR holder/ Thai National. How does the rules apply to you. what happens to your money earned abroad...

no complications at all. the income tax rules on offshore proceeds for Thais and Farangs are identical.

so what happens to our earnings abroad? Once we bring it to Thailand? Edited by tamvine

so what happens to our earnings abroad? Once we bring it to Thailand?

Nothing.

I have been bringing sizeable amounts into Thailand for decades without ever being taxed on it. I limit the amount to less than $20,000 per time, though, so as not to attract any possible extra attention.

so what happens to our earnings abroad? Once we bring it to Thailand?

Nothing.

I have been bringing sizeable amounts into Thailand for decades without ever being taxed on it. I limit the amount to less than $20,000 per time, though, so as not to attract any possible extra attention.

I think since 2010, the limit now is 50 K USD that you need to declare and fill the form. Below it, no need to declare or fill form anymore

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone has idea on sending money overseas from Thailand. Bigger sums not small 1-2K. What are limits and ways to send money overseas which didn't come in Thailand in first place? Say savings, profit on sale of property or anything else?