Censure Debate Kicks Off

Lite Beer

Has she answered a question yet?

Do you not understand what the censure debate is? It is not question period. Rather, designated MPs present allegations and then attempt to substantiate those allegations. In this "debate", the Democrats are alone with the exception of 2 members from the RTP. Most of the Democrats attacks were directed at Justice Minister Pracha Promnok because he was director of FROC. It is a rehash of the past debates. Unfortunately, this minister who deserves to be held to the fire for his actions, gets off because of the Democrats' methods.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Do you not understand what the censure debate is? It is not question period. Rather, designated MPs present allegations and then attempt to substantiate those allegations. In this "debate", the Democrats are alone with the exception of 2 members from the RTP. Most of the Democrats attacks were directed at Justice Minister Pracha Promnok because he was director of FROC. It is a rehash of the past debates. Unfortunately, this minister who deserves to be held to the fire for his actions, gets off because of the Democrats' methods.

I guess i didn't. I thought she was made to explain her incompetence. I will look further into this system. What methods? Please explain.

Maybe our PM has not been asked a question yet, so no answer required. Still the topic on Defence Minister ACM Sukampol has

"Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra, who was also cited during Wiratana's debate, spent about two minutes clarifying to the House that she had no authority to interfere in Sukampol's ministry."

Maybe our PM has not been asked a question yet, so no answer required. Still the topic on Defence Minister ACM Sukampol has

"Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra, who was also cited during Wiratana's debate, spent about two minutes clarifying to the House that she had no authority to interfere in Sukampol's ministry."

Hahaha! Must be Thaksin that does.

• Like 1

Incredible statement isn't it. The PM has no right to interfere in the business of a ministry. Who does then?

Incredible statement isn't it. The PM has no right to interfere in the business of a ministry. Who does then?

Well, I guess strictly speaking the PM cannot (should not?) directly interfere in a ministry not under her direct control, but interface with the minister selected (on knowledge, capabilities, potential, etc.) by her.

A bit funny in the other topic is

""When General Satien petitioned [to me], I was not ignorant. I told the PM's Office secretary-general to send a letter to the Defence Minister to make sure that the appointments were done legally. The copy of the letter was also sent for Satien's acknowledgement," she said."

Mind you, much more hilarious (and certainly under Thai circumstances) is Dept. PM. Pol. Captain Chalerm's remark

"Chalerm was given more flak by Democrat MP Sathit Wongnongtoei for failing to strip off the police rank of former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra under a court order and a Council of State ruling, saying Chalerm had had one year and three months to do so.

Chalerm said he was powerless, as the rank issue was the responsibility of junior officials to initiate and process."

You can almost hear him add "the level of new personel we get nowadays. Who in his/her right mind decided to pay them 15,000 a month for starters?"biggrin.png

Edited by rubl

I don't usually agree with your comments / statements but thank you because here I do partailly agree with what you are saying ...However the so called politicians SHOULD NOT MAKE UNREALISTIC PROMISES SUCH AS = Reconcile a whole nation in a year! ... You are right ... impossible to do and that is why they are laughable because amongst the other 1 year promises they made.. none have been accomplished other than the 300 Baht minimum wage ....and yes ... all politicians all over the world do this and are criticized for it /// E.G. Obama //// and so on .... However it is I think more the things that happened that WERE NOT PROMISSED OR EVEN DISCUSSED that are upsetting people .... and there are many of them ... I don't need to list them ..

"none have been accomplished other than the 300 Baht minimum wage"

The 300 baht minimum wage hasn't been fully implemented yet. It has been implemented in 7 provinces with the rest planned for implementation in January.

I don't usually agree with your comments / statements but thank you because here I do partailly agree with what you are saying ...However the so called politicians SHOULD NOT MAKE UNREALISTIC PROMISES SUCH AS = Reconcile a whole nation in a year! ... You are right ... impossible to do and that is why they are laughable because amongst the other 1 year promises they made.. none have been accomplished other than the 300 Baht minimum wage ....and yes ... all politicians all over the world do this and are criticized for it /// E.G. Obama //// and so on .... However it is I think more the things that happened that WERE NOT PROMISSED OR EVEN DISCUSSED that are upsetting people .... and there are many of them ... I don't need to list them ..

The 300 baht minimum wage hasn't been fully implemented yet. It has been implemented in 7 provinces with the rest planned for implementation in January.

Which ironically they can claim they did after considering serious opposition from the opposing parties and listening to consultation with industry.

Who says they aren't listening?

Which ironically they can claim they did after considering serious opposition from the opposing parties and listening to consultation with industry.

I wonder if they will "listen" again and delay the January start date.

TIT.

Anythings possible. Might it cost them a vote or two. Reckon so.

• Like 1

That's a sucker statement if they delay it they can say look how we listened to to you. When in fact theory had no intention of doing it any how.

Unless they do go ahead with it they are in a win win situation.

I believe the fact that over a thousand people post their jobs as a result of the raise in the 7 highest paid provinces has them thinking.

The people deserve a better life and money that is eaten up by inflation is not the answer. Nor is it a guarantee of lots of jobs for the unskilled which most of Thailand is.

Those were manufacturing jobs not small noodle shops or 7/11s.

They know full good and well the slaughter that will come to the low paid provinces. It was a not very well thought out policy they used to get elected and once they were in they found out they could not back out of it.

They could have done a gradual increase at a set rate and tried to curb the inflation so as it would be a meaningful thing.The people deserve better than what they are doing to them.

The Democrats are alone but aren't - perhaps an unnecessary conflicting statement.

Anyway, the censure debate is not an attack in the democratic system, it is merely a structured method of holding those ministers making decisions, to account.

Your rather inflammatory tone is a deflection from the true purpose.

The Opposition, of which the Democrats are a majority, are more than entitled to invoke this motion.

A democratic government would welcome the opportunity to clarify and, where necessary, defend their actions.

I'm not sure why posters are leaping to the defence of the ruling party by denigrating the Opposition. It's called democracy - the bit which comes after the election.

Edited by Noistar

That's a sucker statement if they delay it they can say look how we listened to to you. When in fact theory had no intention of doing it any how.

Unless they do go ahead with it they are in a win win situation.

I believe the fact that over a thousand people post their jobs as a result of the raise in the 7 highest paid provinces has them thinking.

The people deserve a better life and money that is eaten up by inflation is not the answer. Nor is it a guarantee of lots of jobs for the unskilled which most of Thailand is.

Those were manufacturing jobs not small noodle shops or 7/11s.

They know full good and well the slaughter that will come to the low paid provinces. It was a not very well thought out policy they used to get elected and once they were in they found out they could not back out of it.

They could have done a gradual increase at a set rate and tried to curb the inflation so as it would be a meaningful thing.The people deserve better than what they are doing to them.

I am not so sure it will be that horrendous in the provinces either. most large companies are already paying 300 anyway, and complain they can't get enough labour.

There are plenty of companies already paying burmese even as far away as khon kaen or korat, and the raft of new mercs in the car parks show they aren't doing to badly.

This censure debate maybe a toothless tiger given the governments majority but it does give the opposition the opportunity to lift a few rocks to shed the public lights on a few of the PTP governments corrupt practices. Eventually all this negative publicity will have an effect in the polling booth.

• Like 1

A couple of windbags who don't seem to have any idea about democracy. It is an obligation of the opposition to oppose & confidence debates are an opportunity to allow the opposition some voice in parliament (where they are often denied). The Dems have suggested different ways to run (e.g.) the rice scam but are put down because 'Thaksin knows best'.

Secondly, the debate has hardly started & we have the usual raving criticism. Reminds me of a debate when Thaksin was in power (locally) - he declared the debate won & all ministers perfect, before the debate has started.

As mentioned many times, there are some PTP supporters who seem to think that democracy pauses as soon as an election is over.

No i am not saying they shouldn't do it. But since they aren't having things like pms questions, i would hope they can come up with something really concrete to hang the government with.

I am watching it now, and chalerm is going on about his doctorate and how hard he worked to get it??

So don't "doo took", "look down" on me..

this is Thai politics at its worst right now.

Charlem may have a doctorate but he still cant tie his own shoe laces

post-46292-0-52376000-1354020700_thumb.j

• Like 1

A couple of windbags who don't seem to have any idea about democracy. It is an obligation of the opposition to oppose & confidence debates are an opportunity to allow the opposition some voice in parliament (where they are often denied). The Dems have suggested different ways to run (e.g.) the rice scam but are put down because 'Thaksin knows best'.

Secondly, the debate has hardly started & we have the usual raving criticism. Reminds me of a debate when Thaksin was in power (locally) - he declared the debate won & all ministers perfect, before the debate has started.

As mentioned many times, there are some PTP supporters who seem to think that democracy pauses as soon as an election is over.

No i am not saying they shouldn't do it. But since they aren't having things like pms questions, i would hope they can come up with something really concrete to hang the government with.

I am watching it now, and chalerm is going on about his doctorate and how hard he worked to get it??

So don't "doo took", "look down" on me..

this is Thai politics at its worst right now.

Charlem may have a doctorate but he still cant tie his own shoe laces

The sad thing is, that picture probably impresses a lot of people.