Skoda Octavia 2Nd Hand..buying Parts

mrmazinkle

looking for some advice..I have the chance to buy at at a very good price 200k..It has a new engine imported from Japan.the car is immaculate at 8 years old..My question is When i need repairs in the future are spares easy to be had?..Would any good Thai mechanic be able to work on it.?.many thanks for any advice..thomas

Edited by mrmazinkle

Question is where are you? If BKK OK. But I wonder why a German engine needs to come from Japan?

I live in eesarn..the engine was ordered from an agent..its been fitted..My mate okd the engine and car already >I just wondered about future probs that may arise,,,do you mean I can order all parts from bangkok..thank you for your input....

When i need repairs in the future are spares easy to be had?

As with many non Thai built cars, body and interior parts are hard to come by, if you damage a headlight or rear lights, getting another may take time.. one often see cars with front or rear light assembly missing or grill missing and sometimes for months...

Well they are not the most obvious of dealerships, but I happen to live near their main? branch on Sukhumvit in BKK. I popped in on Friday.

Regular oil changes, brake replacements, wheel bearings etc and anything generic can be handled at Cockpit, B-Quick etc. Anything to do with fuel systems, interior, wiring or Skoda specific it would be worth a trip to BKK.

any good Thai mechanic should be able to work on it, hardest part is finding that Thai mechanic, as most appear to be able to find any problem, but there way is to get a replacement part from a breakers..

couple of years ago had a problem with my climate control unit, local Thai mechanic found the problem, but could not find a replacement part, to get it from Audi 18,000 baht, or he could simply by pass the unit and fit a on/off switch...........

Drove into BKK to a friend of a friends back street [1x shop type unit, all cars and work done on the road] not far from the Station Thai mechanic, no problem he said..... 2 days later picked the car up all fixed 1,600 baht, he took the controller to bits and replaced some parts from a VW.. he did the same with the Alternator some months later..

Skoda being part of the VW group, should not be a problem to fix most things cheap..