Thai Gf First Visit To Uk, Lots Of Questions.

Garry,

I've just seen your topic in general regarding low cost calls to Thailand.

There are many options, as posters in that topic have said, so here i will only deal with using this as evidence of contact between you and your girlfriend.

Low cost access numbers.

We have a BT line, and my wife uses one of these to call her son and sister in Thailand. Unless the call is long enough for the cost of the call to be above 50p, it wont appear on your bill if you use BT as well. Although I think you can ask BT for an itemised bill, which they'll charge you for!

I can't speak for other companies.

Even on an itemised bill, it is the access number that will be shown, not the number in Thailand you called; but you can explain that you use this number to call her in your sponsor's letter. It is nothing new and the ECOs are used to it.

Phone cards.

Again, it is the access number which will appear on your bill, but explain this as above. It might also be a good idea to include a used card in the application as evidence.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Garry, you said earlier (your OP?) that by the time she applies you will have visited her at least twice more. This will, obviously, add strength to your proof of a relationship and therefore to her application.

I return for a second visit in December when I'll be meeting the parents and her brothers' family. We were hoping to submit her application for a general visitor visa before I head back to the UK but of course I'm aware this early in our short relationship I MIGHT face some difficulties proving her liklihood to return (I'm less worried about proving the relationship exists). I'm due to go back for a third visit for Song Kran (Thai new year) in April, and we were hoping she could come back to the UK with me then.

I helped a friend apply for a visa a while ago. She is single, employed, owns a house and car, but was refused because she had almost no money in the bank in Thailand having transferred a lump to show she could cover the costs of her stay. The point is (I think) that they really do want *all* the requirements fulfilled. It seems that you can not do overkill on one aspect and neglect another - like owning a house in Thailand but not having much in the bank.

Something to watch for when you go about proving the reasons your lady will return to Thailand.

The applicant does not have to have any money in the bank at all.

Finance for the visit can come from the applicant, the sponsor, a third party or any combination of these. Whoever is contributing towards the cost of the visit needs to show that they have the funds to do so.

Transferring a lump sum into the applicant's account prior to the application is not only unnecessary, it can arouse the ECOs suspicions and so damage the application unless the applicant or sponsor explains where the money came from and what it is for.

Garry, to be blunt; some of the questions you are asking indicate that you have not yet read UK Visit Visa Basics. I urge you to do so as most of the questions you have asked are answered there or in the links contained therein.

That's one of the first things I read and it makes a number of points clear including my need to prove a genuine relationship exists and that she'll return to Thailand after her visit, hence the questions I ask...

Is there anything I can change the way I do to better prove the relationship is real, I talk to her every day and we have plans for the future together, and other than returning to Thailand for the wedding is there anything else that will make her return seem more likely.

I read an article on here explaining SinSod (didn't realise that's done at the engagement not the marriage). It says sometimes parents may use it to buy wedding gifts like land for a house to be built on. That would tie in with one of the suggestions she get some land in her name, perhaps it's something I can discuss with her before we visit her parents.

I'm sorry if my posts are unclear, or are some just so hardened and resentful it doesn't matter what I say they just wanna piss on my party?

cant help but think its the UKBA that are going to piss on your party, just by reading your posts, your asking things that are easily found on the UKBA site. I was succesful all the way through to ILR unmarried,by using the UKBA equivalent site. If you dont like the answers dont ask the questions. I like most others posting i would think went through the first holiday romance thing and shelled money, your not getting insults your getting how it is. If you are going to post about wanting to set up life with a Pattaya beach road prostitute, expect some straight talk. And if your proud of the girl will you be intoducing her when you get her home (IF) as the girl friend who used to work as a prostitute)?? Resentful of what??

cant help but think its the UKBA that are going to piss on your party, just by reading your posts, your asking things that are easily found on the UKBA site. I was succesful all the way through to ILR unmarried,by using the UKBA equivalent site. If you dont like the answers dont ask the questions.

It's not that I don't like the answers, many posters have given some good advice (both with and against me), but for some reason you seem to think I'm too stupid to look there first. I did look but it didn't give me answers. Show me where it tells me how long I need to have been seeing her, or how I can prove our relationship exists. It tells me I need to, but nothing about how hence why I'm here.

If you don't wanna give constructive helpful advice then don't contribute. Tell me what I need to have the best chance of her getting a visa, don't tell me that falling for an ex-prostitute is a stupid thing to do.

• Like 1

cant help but think its the UKBA that are going to piss on your party, just by reading your posts, your asking things that are easily found on the UKBA site. I was succesful all the way through to ILR unmarried,by using the UKBA equivalent site. If you dont like the answers dont ask the questions.

It's not that I don't like the answers, many posters have given some good advice (both with and against me), but for some reason you seem to think I'm too stupid to look there first. I did look but it didn't give me answers. Show me where it tells me how long I need to have been seeing her, or how I can prove our relationship exists. It tells me I need to, but nothing about how hence why I'm here.

If you don't wanna give constructive helpful advice then don't contribute. Tell me what I need to have the best chance of her getting a visa, don't tell me that falling for an ex-prostitute is a stupid thing to do.

Gary,

You know what I would simply get on with it mate, there is very little to loose by going with what you feel is right for you. Advise is good and there is some good advice here.

Prostitution is only a word, take the word away and there is still two people there that are trying to be happy. There are worse things she could have done.

Listen

Agree a sin sod and keep to your word, take the best advice you can from others regards the visa and not just the advice that suits what you think, some of the points people make a worth thinking about and considering even though they are not what you want to hear ( not the blatantly unnecessary posts )

Like most thing in life on a personal emotional level and a financial level, do not put in what you can't cope with loosing.

Ask the right questions, I have some things you should cover with your lady before you apply for or attend a visa appointment message me if you want to.

Good luck.

Think of it as studying for a driving test or a G.C.S.E its not so much how well you can drive or how much you know on the subject, its more about knowing what questions will come up and answering them correctly to pass the test. So imo proving a relationship gets a pass but all the rest gets a big, could try harder and they may fail you for this.

there is very little to loose by going with what you feel is right for you

Surely there is much to loose. His feelings come free, what about his house if it all goes tits up which, as you appear to live in Thailand, you know full well that most prostitute:John relationships dont work out. Let us not forget here that the relatinship is based on a financial transaction.

Prostitution is only a word,

Unless, of course, you are the prostitute.

Surely there is much to loose. His feelings come free, what about his house if it all goes tits up which, as you appear to live in Thailand, you know full well that most prostitute:John relationships dont work out. Let us not forget here that the relatinship is based on a financial transaction.

Prostitution is only a word,

Unless, of course, you are the prostitute.

Sid have no fear I am not a prostitute !!!

He will loose half of what he has to anyone her hitches up with no matter colour or creed.

Sid have no fear I am not a prostitute !!!

Sorry, you have lost me......To you it may just be a word but to a hooker, getting screwed by a plethora of swetty, repulsive men it isn't, 'just a word' its a pathetic reality.

He will loose half of what he has to anyone her hitches up with no matter colour or creed.

Exactly, so, as I said, its not really a case of :

Edited by Saudi Sid

I dont know, I just think Farangs get taken in a bit by the wolf in sheep's clothing. I doubt most would consider picking up soem fishnet stockingsclad Kings Cross street walker and marrying after a week. But, there's nothing stranger than folks.

I say good luck to Gary, despite the risks.

And on the subject of risk - and this is important. I hope you have had the tests before you start a proper natural relationship if you know what I mean.

My best friend caught the Big A from a street walker going bareback. One poster who is well known on this forum.

Keep safe Garry mate.

Edited by Saudi Sid

The title of this topic is "Thai Gf First Visit To Uk, Lots Of Questions." not "My girlfriend used to be a prostitute, what do you think?"

Her previous occupation may have some bearing on her application, but certain posters seem more concerned with showing what they consider to be their moral superiority rather than actually offering any useful advice on his girlfriend's visa application to the OP!

Empty vessels make the most noise.

Edited by 7by7
  • Like 1

The title of this topic is "Thai Gf First Visit To Uk, Lots Of Questions." not "My girlfriend used to be a prostitute, what do you think?"

Her previous occupation may have some bearing on her application, but certain posters seem more concerned with showing what they consider to be their moral superiority rather than actually offering any useful advice on his girlfriend's visa application to the OP!

So what is your useful advice then?

So what is your useful advice then?

This thread is full of useful advice from 7by7, as is the rest of this section of the forum, 7by7 has been giving useful advice for years, and continues to so, many people owe him a tremendous debt of gratitude.

So I will repeat his valid point, "certain posters seem more concerned with showing what they consider to be their moral superiority rather than actually offering any useful advice on his girlfriend's visa application to the OP".

• Like 1

If you were applying for a visa 10 years ago that article may have been a useful starting point; but it is now several years out of date.

For example:-

It talks about the interview; visit visa applicants have not been routinely interviewed for several years.

The link to the embassy is out of date. (What does he mean when he says go to the British embassy, not the UK one? They're the same!)

If you don't want to follow the advice on this site there are many others that are up to date; there's no need to drag up a Stickman article that must be getting on for 10 years old!

I think you should re-read the last 5 pages and see how many off-topic posts you yourself have made. And then, ask that same question. 200k you say your son paid.....interesting.

Apart from the one you quote, there's the one where I address the OP's point on Sin Sod and the one where I answer your oft repeated question regarding my wife's visit visa refusal 12 years ago!

I did that in the hope that it would finally put your obsession with my family to rest, but

200k you say your son paid.....interesting.

it seems not!.

You poor, sad man; go out and get a life of your own; stop obsessing about me and my family!

I blocked PMs from you some time ago; I'm ignoring your posts from now on, too.

Edited by 7by7

This is EXACTLY where I'm at right now, couldn't have said it any better. I wonder if perhaps the thread should be locked as, like you say, the majority of posts seem more concerned over whether I should have fallen so quickly for someone with her background (albeit she stopped working in a shop in September and I met her in October so she's not battle hardened after years of working Beach Road like most others maybe are).

There has been some useful advice, and generally it's looking like I'll probably have difficulty getting her here for a 5 month stay as soon as April. I'm therefore left with a decision to make, do I hope to write an amazing letter and get a sympathetic immigration officer on a good day, or do I maybe delay her visit a few months and shorten it accordingly. My plan is still to marry her in October 2013 (basically the anniversary of the day we met) *IF* everything between now and then works out. So far so good but let's see how meet the parents goes in December.

I'd like to say THANKS to those who have contributed useful advice, even that which doesn't help me secure a long visit from April, and an even BIGGER THANKS to those that offered their best wishes to the two of us.

As for all those that posted negative views or downright abuse, well I'm sorry you got screwed but it doesn't mean everyone does.

• Like 1

I say good luck to Gary, despite the risks.

And on the subject of risk - and this is important. I hope you have had the tests before you start a proper natural relationship if you know what I mean.

My best friend caught the Big A from a street walker going bareback. One poster who is well known on this forum.

Keep safe Garry mate.

Thanks and yes, I wore wellies most of the time and got tested the minute I got back.