New Ip Adress

blossombkk

Hi

There is a website I regularly enter which is now blocked to Thailand due to hacking. I called the place and they told me I would need to have a permanent IP adress so they could approve me.

I called my internet supplier and they said they could provide me with a new one if I'd change the package. The package would now be much slower and cost 5000 tb a month.

Is there a way I could get or buy a permanent IP adress?

Thanks for any advice.

There is a website I regularly enter which is now blocked to Thailand due to hacking. I called the place and they told me I would need to have a permanent IP adress so they could approve me.

Sounds like a dubious request, beyond any common commercial practice. Are you able to reveal more of the circumstances of your website access?

Use a proxy.

If it is a "FLASH-video" site, a Proxy possibly won't work, because the Flash player ignores all proxy settings.

Than only a VPN can help you.

Or try TOR

Tor? The exact opposite what the OP had asked for. With Tor you change IPs continuously.

Edited by Morakot

Tor? The exact opposite what the OP had asked for. With Tor you change IPs continuously.

The OP said that this site has "geoblocked" thai IP'S.

So he needs an IP-address from a another country, which is not blocked.

US/UK/DE/CH/etc...

Editing the "torrc" file as above, will give you a Swiss-IP ("ch" for Switzerland for example)!

# This file was generated by Tor; if you edit it, comments will not be preserved

# The old torrc file was renamed to torrc.orig.1 or similar, and Tor will ignore it

ControlPort 9051

DirReqStatistics 0

ExitNodes {ch}

Log notice stdout

StrictNodes 1

After that use "Foxyproxy" for Firefox (for example), create a rule for this specific site to use TOR.

All other traffic will not be routed via Tor.

Worth a try.

Edited by Turkleton

Sounds like a dubious request, beyond any common commercial practice. Are you able to reveal more of the circumstances of your website access?

I was wondering the same. Most home users aren't going to have a fixed IP. I know some websites geo block countries e.g. China, to help prevent spam but they usually don't block the US so there should be plenty of proxies you could use. Making you sign-up for an expensive fixed IP seems odd.

Thank you very much for your help.

I think I might have found the solution. Making the current IP address permanent.

It's working now. Every time I shut down the computer it comes back to the same address. I'll keep on checking for the next few days. If not, I'll try one of the methods above.

Thanks again!

• 2 weeks later...

I was wondering the same. Most home users aren't going to have a fixed IP. I know some websites geo block countries e.g. China, to help prevent spam but they usually don't block the US so there should be plenty of proxies you could use. Making you sign-up for an expensive fixed IP seems odd.

FWIW, the reason ISP's charge a lot and still throttle down a fixed IP is that one is needed to host a commercial web site. Without a fixed IP, you can never get registered in worldwide DNS servers. They'll get you, and then you'll change and they can't find your web site. ISP's don't want you using all of that bandwidth.

• 1 year later...