Yingluck Touts Her Achievements

webfact

As head of the government, she is an MP voted by her peers to be PM. Her primary task is to attend parliament. The only MP that I know of with a lower attendance rate died during the election - at least he had a valid excuse.

Her primary task is to attend parliament.

shows how much you understand, good thing you don't have the job, then the country would really go down the ...

Yingluk was appointed a party list MP (hint - it means Member of Parliament) before being elected PM. Other PMs manage to attend regularly, if not every session, and still manage the other tasks of the position.

And yes, it shows how much you and she understands, and why the country is heading down the drain.

A little research shows Stephen harper PM of Canada was present for 54% of votes over a 133 month period. (http://www.theglobea.../article579736/)

Indian MPs manage a 75% attendance record http://www.prsindia....ament-2006-416/

"Tony Blair's disregard for the institution of Parliament in particular was no better exhibited than by his derisory record in attending votes in the House of Commons - he was regularly written up as having the worst voting record of any Prime Minister in modern history..........................His record for that period was therefore 5.6%." http://conservativeh...is-labour-.html

Sorry Tony, you have been soundly beaten.

read my signature

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

68%

was abhisit ever that popular?

1. Unfortunately popularity and competance are not necessarily related.

2. Abhisit was in disarray because of the constant bullying and unrest funded by her brother.

3. Did you respond to yesterday's thread named:

Give Us Answers, Abhisit Tells Yingluck (Started by webfact, Yesterday, 05:56) ???

This sheds light on her true competence as a PM. Whether or not she works 7 days a week is irrelevant, it's her effectiveness that's in question, and indeed her motives for being PM. This thread is directly related to why she feels the need to 'tout her achievements' as she knows she's been exposed as an incompetent corrupt politician.

I would love to hear your feedback on this thread as I feel you don't have a leg to stand on. Please prove me wrong. Thaksin supporters seem to have 'skipped' the thread altogether, selective hearing maybe, a common ailment amongst T supporters. Quite amusing and yet very sad that deep down you know the truth.

actually it is 90% of the posters here who don't have a leg to stand on.

they've been sleeping in their dream world for 1 1/2 years.

reminds me of the republicans on BS mountain back home.

Where's the IMHO, dear HugoVI? Mind you, you might have organised a poll which substanciates the figures you quote. I try not to look at polls, I might have missed yours. I was still sleeping in my own dream world, you know. Keeps me young, helps me ignore unfriendly issues I'd rather ignore and so on.

BTW republicans? Are we still talking about the OP, PM Yingluck ?

something in your post I'm supposed to care about?

I don't know about your history of postings - maybe you recognize that the government has been busy for the last 18 or so months. Passed some legislation, made peace with the neighbors, drained Bangkok, etc...

Or maybe not.

Maybe not all their programs are the best in the world, but for some poster to say this government is not functional is just plain absurd

Her primary task is to attend parliament.

shows how much you understand, good thing you don't have the job, then the country would really go down the ...

Yingluk was appointed a party list MP (hint - it means Member of Parliament) before being elected PM. Other PMs manage to attend regularly, if not every session, and still manage the other tasks of the position.

And yes, it shows how much you and she understands, and why the country is heading down the drain.

A little research shows Stephen harper PM of Canada was present for 54% of votes over a 133 month period. (http://www.theglobea.../article579736/)

Indian MPs manage a 75% attendance record http://www.prsindia....ament-2006-416/

"Tony Blair's disregard for the institution of Parliament in particular was no better exhibited than by his derisory record in attending votes in the House of Commons - he was regularly written up as having the worst voting record of any Prime Minister in modern history..........................His record for that period was therefore 5.6%." http://conservativeh...is-labour-.html

Sorry Tony, you have been soundly beaten.

read my signature

read mine

"I don't know about your history of postings - maybe you recognize that the government has been busy for the last 18 or so months. Passed some legislation, made peace with the neighbors, drained Bangkok, etc...

Or maybe not.

Maybe not all their programs are the best in the world, but for some poster to say this government is not functional is just plain absurd".

Spot on my friend. Never seen a government so busy as this one for sure. They are having a major challenge keeping the trough full as there are so many piggies slurping from it.

Edited by Pimay1

'made peace with neighbours', you must be referring to fellow dictator Hun Sen. Some friends of mine just got back from Preah Vihear, Cambodian side. Appears to be no problem there anymore, problem 'sorted'. Amazing. How could they manage such a thing? My DTAC phone comes up with 'shinawatra' on the screen when roaming in Cambodia. Amazing. Just a couple of unrelated observations :)

They've been busy alright. Functioning, just in the wrong way, for the wrong people.

'made peace with neighbours', you must be referring to fellow dictator Hun Sen. Some friends of mine just got back from Preah Vihear, Cambodian side. Appears to be no problem there anymore, problem 'sorted'. Amazing. How could they manage such a thing? My DTAC phone comes up with 'shinawatra' on the screen when roaming in Cambodia. Amazing. Just a couple of unrelated observations smile.png

They've been busy alright. Functioning, just in the wrong way, for the wrong people.

cant just admit this government did something the other government couldn't can you.

com'on, do it. admit it. it'll fieel fine afterwards. Really dooesnt hurt.

'made peace with neighbours', you must be referring to fellow dictator Hun Sen. Some friends of mine just got back from Preah Vihear, Cambodian side. Appears to be no problem there anymore, problem 'sorted'. Amazing. How could they manage such a thing? My DTAC phone comes up with 'shinawatra' on the screen when roaming in Cambodia. Amazing. Just a couple of unrelated observations smile.png

cant just admit this government did something the other government couldn't can you.

Or perhaps Hun Sen was just stirring-up trouble on the border, for the previous government, as a favour to his 'eternal friend' ? wink.png

Oh, and don't mention the offshore-oil, or the 'informal rice-exports' across the border, as more-tangible motives. whistling.gif

as i say, that's they Thai way, bump the price up until people go elsewhere, not saying its right but I am sure they are aware of this.

As for her parliament attendance, not sure if there is a law or regulation that requires a certain amount of attendance or not but again I am sure she is aware of this. Also while she is not at parliament I am sure she is working and not just having free time, i could understand the concern then about her parliament attendance but as she is using the time well then no real need to complain I would have thought. But then again I guess this depends on which side of the fence one sits on.

"Also while she is not at parliament I am sure she is working and not just having free time"

She is often working when she is not attending parliament. Unfortunately, she is sometimes working on her business interests rather that the people's interests, such as her private meeting with land developers at the Four Seasons.

Or perhaps Hun Sen was just stirring-up trouble on the border, for the previous government, as a favour to his 'eternal friend' ? wink.png

Oh, and don't mention the offshore-oil, or the 'informal rice-exports' across the border, as more-tangible motives. whistling.gif

Or maybe it was just the PAD

you got a memory, right?

you got a memory, right?

"you got a memory right"

No need to get personal or sarcastic, as a newly-arrived but fairly-prolific poster, you may not yet appreciate that there's a forum-rule against flaming ? wai2.gif

Personally I'd say that the nutters of the PAD pressure-group had simply reacted, to Hun Sen's provocations, the question IMO is why he sought to stir-up trouble on the border by reviving this long-standing problem, just before an election in Thailand. Coincidental or not ?

And what role Thaksin might have had, in that decision ?

Claiming that the current government had "made peace with neighbours" might suggest you believe (do you ?) that the previous Democrat-led coalition-government (a fairly different thing from the PAD) might have been the ones stirring up tension, but it surely takes two to tango, and the pressure might equally well have come from the other side.

"She spoke fluently and was equipped with charts and statistics to back up her statements."

Oh my, she can speak fluently in her native tongue and read prepared numbers,

and this is an improvement?

And touting her achievements. Sounds like she is trying to sell something no one wants,

like a jewelry store visit that was never planned, and will give you a high pressure sales pitch,

while blocking the door.

Edited by animatic

you got a memory, right?

"you got a memory right"

No need to get personal or sarcastic, as a newly-arrived but fairly-prolific poster, you may not yet appreciate that there's a forum-rule against flaming ? wai2.gif

Personally I'd say that the nutters of the PAD pressure-group had simply reacted, to Hun Sen's provocations, the question IMO is why he sought to stir-up trouble on the border by reviving this long-standing problem, just before an election in Thailand. Coincidental or not ?

And what role Thaksin might have had, in that decision ?

Claiming that the current government had "made peace with neighbours" might suggest you believe (do you ?) that the previous Democrat-led coalition-government (a fairly different thing from the PAD) might have been the ones stirring up tension, but it surely takes two to tango, and the pressure might equally well have come from the other side.

thats flaming?

I'm new and the forum wasted no time sending me to the doghouse. yeah, i know about the flaming rule.

ignore the obvious facts about the cambodia situation and youre asking for a "touch" of sarcasm. no i don't believe what you suggest. i think the democrats screwed up the temple thing because they were incompetent & afraid of the pad or just couldnt control the pad - pick your poison.

like i said its one (just one) of the things this government has done. i call em functional. not always right, but functional. maybe not you but there are a lot of mad dogs here who just wanto to run down the pt cause they dont like them.

i dont like everything they do. but theyre doing something. runnign people down for no good (self-censorship)ing reason is stupid.

I'd suggest that it was harder for the Democrat-led weak-coalition to 'control' the PAD, if they wanted to, than it might be for the current secure-majority PTP-led one to control the Red-Shirt street-movement, whose leaders are often party-MPs and where the Red-Shirts have yet to form their own separate political-party, as the PAD did.

I'd suggest also that then-PM Abhisit was also slightly-distracted by the domestic-situation in 2010 & 2011 ?

It might have been interesting to see how effective he was, with a more-secure majority, which PM-Yingluck has had for almost a year-and-a-half now. What might he have been able to do, without needing Newin or Suthep, to stay in-power ? Is she making full use of that advantage ... we all have differing opinions on that.

But I still feel that Hun Sen may have been more willing to cool the situation, with the sister of his 'eternal friend' and former economic-adviser in-power, than he was with Thaksin's enemies temporarily ruling-the-roost. This is within his own power, and has nothing to do with the Dems, so to credit the current government with having achieved something which the previous one couldn't is a bit of a stretch IMO.

It may be down to the other party in the dispute, they certainly decided whether or not to fire their artillery, across the border.

Now if Yingluck can negotiate an acceptable-to-both-sides long-term solution to the problem, that would be different.

I'd suggest that it was harder for the Democrat-led weak-coalition to 'control' the PAD, if they wanted to, than it might be for the current secure-majority PTP-led one to control the Red-Shirt street-movement, whose leaders are often party-MPs and where the Red-Shirts have yet to form their own separate political-party, as the PAD did.

I'd suggest also that then-PM Abhisit was also slightly-distracted by the domestic-situation in 2010 & 2011 ?

It might have been interesting to see how effective he was, with a more-secure majority, which PM-Yingluck has had for almost a year-and-a-half now. What might he have been able to do, without needing Newin or Suthep, to stay in-power ? Is she making full use of that advantage ... we all have differing opinions on that.

But I still feel that Hun Sen may have been more willing to cool the situation, with the sister of his 'eternal friend' and former economic-adviser in-power, than he was with Thaksin's enemies temporarily ruling-the-roost. This is within his own power, and has nothing to do with the Dems, so to credit the current government with having achieved something which the previous one couldn't is a bit of a stretch IMO.

It may be down to the other party in the dispute, they certainly decided whether or not to fire their artillery, across the border.

Now if Yingluck can negotiate an acceptable-to-both-sides long-term solution to the problem, that would be different.

right. sift out the extra <stuff> and solving the temple problem goes intot the achievement column for the pm

abhisit could have fixed the problem but didnt. no need to wonder what-if.

right. sift out the extra <stuff> and solving the temple problem goes intot the achievement column for the pm

Sorry, but i just cannot follow your argument, here ?

The temple problem hasn't been solved at all, just put on the back burner, for a while.

And how could former-PM Abhisit have fixed the problem, if Hun Sen didn't want it to be fixed, for whatever reason ?

Sorry, but i just cannot follow your argument, here ?

The temple problem hasn't been solved at all, just put on the back burner, for a while.

And how could former-PM Abhisit have fixed the problem, if Hun Sen didn't want it to be fixed, for whatever reason ?

look if youre not following along, what can i do for you

two armies are not shooting each other and i call that solved

goes to the point that this government is functional. which is the opposite of what some other poster lllllloooooooonnnnnnnngggggg time ago tried to pawn off here. that was nonsense then and still is.

actually it is 90% of the posters here who don't have a leg to stand on.

they've been sleeping in their dream world for 1 1/2 years.

reminds me of the republicans on BS mountain back home.

Where's the IMHO, dear HugoVI? Mind you, you might have organised a poll which substanciates the figures you quote. I try not to look at polls, I might have missed yours. I was still sleeping in my own dream world, you know. Keeps me young, helps me ignore unfriendly issues I'd rather ignore and so on.

BTW republicans? Are we still talking about the OP, PM Yingluck ?

something in your post I'm supposed to care about?

I don't know about your history of postings - maybe you recognize that the government has been busy for the last 18 or so months. Passed some legislation, made peace with the neighbors, drained Bangkok, etc...

Or maybe not.

Maybe not all their programs are the best in the world, but for some poster to say this government is not functional is just plain absurd

First of all my excuses for a late reply. I've been busy at work, my TOTlink went down, there was a sick buffelo in the family, things like that. I'm sure you understand.

To answer your questions, I've been somewhat aware of what's happening in Thailand and Bangkok specifically. Not easy to ignore when you live and work in this big city, and even been doing so since 1994 (the working/living, nor the trying to ignore rolleyes.gif ).

Now regarding the 18 or so months the government has been busy, the government has been busy since we've got a goverment in Thailand. The current Pheu Thai led coalition government with PM Yingluck is at it since late July 2011 which makes it 17 months. The list of 'policies to be implemented the first year' still rings a bell, but that's more the ring of disillusion by now. The peace with neighbours, that's mostly with Cambodia, led by Thaksin's eternal friend Hun Sen, what an achievement. Passed toothless legislation regarding corruption and very, very busy not implementing even that.

And so on, and so on.

Rumour has it not even Pres. Obama was impressed wink.png

post-58-0-72555200-1354637904_thumb.jpg