Where Can I Buy A Hearing Aid In Phuket?

katyb

Hi,

Hello,

My dear old dad is coming over with Mum to visit for a month in Feb. He is now really struggling to hear normal conversation and is getting very frustrated as he still thinks he is Peter Pan even at 76! He's decided that now is the time to get a hearing aid and after looking into it in the UK he is confused to say the least as they can range from a few hundred quid to a £3000 or £4000 back home!

Does anybody know of a good model of hearing aid - the small one that you can hide inside your ear apparently - and if so can you tell me where we might get him one in Bangkok or elsewhere?

Many thanks for any help in advance.

Kate

I posted the message above in the health forum back in December, but Mum and Dad didn't stay in BKK long enough to get around to buying a hearing aid. They are staying with us in Phuket for a month. Can anyone tell me if we might be able to get one here?

Thanks a lot.

Kate

just go to the hospital and have them do a hearing test. You will then be given options on what kind of hearing aid you want/need. I do not think you will find the prices any where near what you are hearing about in England.

Be patient, because there will be lots of waiting for your turn to come up to receive the diagnosis and treatment.

Good Luck