Loy Kratong

patongphil

Divers in Thailand always know when it's just been Loi Krathong as the Krathong bases can be found all over the dive sites. annoyed.gif

Most kratong bases are banana tree these days at least, so they do sink and will biodegrade. Better than styrofoam floating around forever! We never put ours out to sea either though. I'll let Rawai municipality clean mine out of Nai Harn lagoon.

Divers in Thailand always know when it's just been Loi Krathong as the Krathong bases can be found all over the dive sites. annoyed.gif

Most kratong bases are banana tree these days at least, so they do sink and will biodegrade. Better than styrofoam floating around forever! We never put ours out to sea either though. I'll let Rawai municipality clean mine out of Nai Harn lagoon.

Banana tree bases that will be washing back and fourth over the coral reefs. Plus the nails, staples, wax candles, burned incense and often a plastic bottle with the ends cut off to protect the candle from the wind. Yeah I put mine in the pond in Karon as I am told the municipality cleans it after. At least it's not gong in the ocean.

Better than those damned "lucky ballons" I laying all around the island. I see those diving a lot too, including the kerosene soaked wicks. The remnants of a burned one was outside my house as I got home tonight. Last year I saw 3 of them stuck in the power lines just a few meters from each other at Jungcylon.

i went to Moscow for Loy Gratong, at least i think it must have been Moscow, everyone was speaking Russian

Yes, I had the same feeling at Nai Harn lake. I'm sure though there were other foreigners as well, they just don't seem to be as loud as the Russians.

Banana tree bases that will be washing back and fourth over the coral reefs. Plus the nails, staples, wax candles, burned incense and often a plastic bottle with the ends cut off to protect the candle from the wind. Yeah I put mine in the pond in Karon as I am told the municipality cleans it after. At least it's not gong in the ocean.

Better than those damned "lucky ballons" I laying all around the island. I see those diving a lot too, including the kerosene soaked wicks. The remnants of a burned one was outside my house as I got home tonight. Last year I saw 3 of them stuck in the power lines just a few meters from each other at Jungcylon.

Today.

Photo0569.jpg

Today.

Photo0569.jpg

Bad launch!

We had a very disappointing Loy Krathong at Karon Lagoon. The tesibaan had drained the lake for some 'improvement' construction. Thus making it impossible launch our Krathong from one of the 2 concrete platforms. A very flimsy wood platform had been constructed but my wife would not step foot on it as it looked unsafe for the many people using it.

• Like 1

We had a very disappointing Loy Krathong at Karon Lagoon. The tesibaan had drained the lake for some 'improvement' construction. Thus making it impossible launch our Krathong from one of the 2 concrete platforms. A very flimsy wood platform had been constructed but my wife would not step foot on it as it looked unsafe for the many people using it.

Yeah we noticed the same thing. No games either. I wanted to play the "knock the tin cans down" game!

Today.

Photo0569.jpg

Somebody really has to have a chat to these elephants about disposal of used condoms ~ just not good enough.

• Like 1