Hi-so Or Lo-so?

Neeranam

1.What makes you think I am a social wannabe? Quit trying to put ME into some category.

2.It's obvious you are lo-so.No need to keep repeating this.

3.Who said farang businessmen are hi-so? Not me.In fact most are rather down market.What I said was that the very few hi so farang- (Harald Link, Bill Heinecke, Raymond Eaton,Ralph von Buren to name some "attractive" ones)-tend be long residence business people.Actually I suspect they care more than a toss about the hi-so stuff.

3.The fact that you sat at a noodle stall next to a prostitute who serviced the Sultan of Brunei who was best friends with a horse who was a cousin of Princess Anne who won the Grand National is a useful piece of information.Many thanks.

4.There is no 4th point.

I am kind of getting tired of your 'biting' at those you consider less-educated and knowledgable than yourself, Cassandra.

This isn't the first thread you take off-topic like this, is it? :D

BTW, your point 3. = please read the post you responded to again, you have mixed up what was being said. Not the first time this happened, either... :o

I think she drinks. By herself.

I also think it's our old friend boris. I tried to checkout the website for the Royal Bangkok Sports Club but I don't have a password. Anyone want to loan me theirs. I promise not to charge my drinks to your account.

Haha. Cassandra. The name is fitting. No one believes you. Or are you a contemporary Cassandra? In that case you are full of it lady.

edited: couple of sp errors. you are all free to point out others.

As you say Cassandra was never believed.But the specific curse on Cassandra was that although she was never believed she always spoke the truth.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i agree with britmaveric...i dont't judge people on how much money they have...if they are good craic and decent and kind to u, what more do u want...??

i tend to mix with the middle class....but one thing i have found is that, whatver they may be lo-so or in the middle they are all fighting to get to the high-so status, sad but true....

There are hi-so's and there are hi-so's.

The ones you see at parties, down at Q-bar or wherever is fashionable, well 95% of them are hangers on. The other 5% are real hi-so's getting their ego's massaged.

The real high-so's know who they are, don't flaunt their wealth much, are capable of driving a slightly used honda to work. They are worldly, down to earth and perfectly happy to mix it with anyone.

There are hi-so's and there are hi-so's.

The ones you see at parties, down at Q-bar or wherever is fashionable, well 95% of them are hangers on. The other 5% are real hi-so's getting their ego's massaged.

The real high-so's know who they are, don't flaunt their wealth much, are capable of driving a slightly used honda to work. They are worldly, down to earth and perfectly happy to mix it with anyone.

Do you drive a slightly used Honda to work?

I judge others by actions not by the pocket.

Interestingly it does get confusing as everyone in thaialand is trying to guage their status level. I have a large number of Thai friends of which I would say there is about 5% Hi so 40% middle and 60% lo the others are just normal and are in the UK where it does not matter.

It is a sad fact that Thai's do not mix well in the wrong circles. Better to see them in their own environment and then they are more relaxed.

I simply don't care about society structure and focus on the personality. if we get along fine, if not i'm off.

It could be boris or it could be the gentleman who wound people up in the Pattaya forum about his prefernence for a "hi-so" wife. Whoever you are, Cassandra, stay in character I get a kick out of it. And if you are boris post under both monikers . You can handle mutiple personalities.

Cheers!

-a

I hang out with individuals whose qualities I like. On the internet it doesn't matter too much, a good vilian in the crowd spices things up.