Krabi Police Silence Noisy Exhaust Pipes

JetsetBkk

Just confiscate the bike. Keep it impounded until the owner comes to the police station with a legal exhaust pipe (and a technician) to install it on site. Add a healthy fine and enjoy a quiet motorbike leaving the police station.

(End of Dream sad.png )

I think checking their lights work, having a license, insurance and being the legal age to drive is far more important. coffee1.gif

When something is done, why do TV readers always want other things to be done. Be happy when things are done, and from there try to achieve more. From thre getgo complaining won't bring you anything.

I think checking their lights work, having a license, insurance and being the legal age to drive is far more important. coffee1.gif

When something is done, why do TV readers always want other things to be done. Be happy when things are done, and from there try to achieve more. From thre getgo complaining won't bring you anything.

Laws for stuff l have quoted are in place to save and protect lives but are not policed, noisy pipes, laugh.png .

Every ''fun'' ride l ever owned, whether 2 or 4 wheels had noisy pipes thumbsup.gif, BUT, my lights worked, l had a license and insurance. . smile.png

Laws for stuff l have quoted are in place to save and protect lives but are not policed, noisy pipes, laugh.png .

Every ''fun'' ride l ever owned, whether 2 or 4 wheels had noisy pipes thumbsup.gif, BUT, my lights worked, l had a license and insurance. . smile.png

So you don't want checks on noisy pipes because you have them yourself, others, the ones you're irritating with those pipes, will have a different view.

So you don't want checks on noisy pipes because you have them yourself, others, the ones you're irritating with those pipes, will have a different view.

Well l have a more sensible view that l prefer the BiB spend their limited time ''working'' to keep folk safe and have the legal requirements to be on the road, day or night.

Well l have a more sensible view that l prefer the BiB spend their limited time ''working'' to keep folk safe and have the legal requirements to be on the road, day or night.

Good, since you are illegal with those pipes, stay of the road, day and especially night.

Edited by stevenl

You must have been pretty boring as a lad, do you not remember the sound of a BSA Gold Star, Norton Commando or a Triumph Bonneville, wow if you heard a Brough Superior SS100 you might resort to hanging yourself laugh.png . Might add, all these bikes were loud from factory.

I got nicked once and went to court when l was 16 for excessive noise biggrin.png , the muffler was brand new, l took it into court for the judge to see, l explained l bought it in a bike shop in good faith, judge smiled, 2 quid fine, no endorsement. thumbsup.gif ..............................tongue.png

Society has changed in the last 70 years since your court case.

Hey, not that old laugh.png .

My Pontiac 7 litre Nitrous motor, l fabricated TWIN 3 1/2 inch exhaust system with race mufflers for use on the track OR street, never a problem with cops, usually a thumbs up. thumbsup.gif .........smile.png

<snip>

The “Loud Pipes Save Lives” crowd will be here soon.

Didn't take long, did it? dry.png

"Zero tolerance" - it's the only way.

How right you are, no helmet, no license, no insurance, no road tax, driving under age, DO SOMETHING, might stop the carnage.

Loud pipes laugh.png .

<snip>

The “Loud Pipes Save Lives” crowd will be here soon.

Didn't take long, did it? dry.png

"Zero tolerance" - it's the only way.

How right you are, no helmet, no license, no insurance, no road tax, driving under age, DO SOMETHING, might stop the carnage.

Loud pipes laugh.png .

Loud motorbikes suck! Although my old two stoke isn't exactly quiet...

do you not remember the sound of a BSA Gold Star, Norton Commando or a Triumph Bonneville

I do! And I rode them too. Some of them pillion. Remember dragging a chopper on a Triumph Bonneville from the lights at the bottom of Bondi hill in 1969. We just smiled as we cruised off.

However, number 1 son doesn't like me riding in Phuket. Once told his cousins 'Get your inheritance early: put Mum on a motorbike in Phuket'. So I'm rarely allowed to ride, loud muffler or not. Usually seen surrounded by a protective cloud of other bikes. I don't think they can quite believe a fat old falang woman riding on her own.

The douchebags riding über loud harleys have no idea how ridiculous they are. When eating in a restaurant and one of those &lt;deleted&gt; comes along, making any conversation impossible, everybody, thais or farangs, shake their heads in disbelief at the complete moron passing by.

They think they are so cool but they are even more pathetic than the brainless thai teenagers with their modified moped.

It would be so nice if the police could seize those bikes and set them on fire smile.png

Your an old guy eh. laugh.png

Loud pipes are for people who can't afford the engine that would normally fit the noise.

The douchebags riding über loud harleys have no idea how ridiculous they are. When eating in a restaurant and one of those &lt;deleted&gt; comes along, making any conversation impossible, everybody, thais or farangs, shake their heads in disbelief at the complete moron passing by.

They think they are so cool but they are even more pathetic than the brainless thai teenagers with their modified moped.

It would be so nice if the police could seize those bikes and set them on fire smile.png

spot on!

Edited by manarak

Loud pipes are for people who can't afford the engine that would normally fit the noise.

spot on!

Another old guy. laugh.png

Age has little to do with it. Consideration for others is more to the point.

But if you were inconsiderate when you were young, I guess it's easy to grow up with the same character flaw.

But if you were inconsiderate when you were young, I guess it's easy to grow up with the same character flaw.

cheesy.gif , total tosh. So what did you ride as a lad, and what mods did you do ?

Don't tell me, no bike so none. Sunday school steward eh. biggrin.png

The douchebags riding ber loud harleys have no idea how ridiculous they are. When eating in a restaurant and one of those &lt;deleted&gt; comes along, making any conversation impossible, everybody, thais or farangs, shake their heads in disbelief at the complete moron passing by.

It would be so nice if the police could seize those bikes and set them on fire :)

So what we can do?

We cannot ride bikes or harleys just because your lovely as.hole ears might get hurt? And thai people do not mind that much i know especially after all these noise coming from open pipes of all the Thai boats there? Just get the boats muffled or complain about it first!

How do you know if a bike has a pipe or not? Just by sound? Or prejudice?

Big bikes are noisy machines in nature so if we can buy them, we can also ride them without worrying about lovely ears.

Yes i m against exaggerated loudy bikes on honda waves or scooters but bigbikes are bigbikes man.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect App

Edited by loserlazer

cheesy.gif , total tosh. So what did you ride as a lad, and what mods did you do ?

Don't tell me, no bike so none. Sunday school steward eh. biggrin.png

Who gives a "tosh" as you say, about what you used to do. Loud motorbikes, cars or trucks are annoying to those who have to listen to them!

• Like 1

So what we can do?

We cannot ride bikes or harleys just because your lovely as.hole ears might get hurt?

How do you know if a bike has a pipe or not? Just by sound? Or prejudice?

Big bikes are noisy machines in nature so if we can buy them, we can also ride them without worrying about lovely ears.

Yes i m against exaggerated loudy bikes on honda waves or scooters but bigbikes are bigbikes man.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect App

They make pipes for Harleys that aren't loud... I guess you think straight pipes are cool? I'm sure a nice quiet BMW would kick you Harley's ass!

• Like 1

Great, getting rid of all the morons that think a very loud exhaust is cool!! Confiscate there bikes and give them a huge fine!! I once sat behind a Harley at some lights, the noise was so loud It was uncomfortable for all around, it was double worse when the idiot opened the throttle!!

So you have to be old to hate excessive noise, new one that!!

There is a man in the next Soi, every morning very early he starts up his ER6n, the house vibrates, when he pulls away he sets of many car alarms, Idiot!!

Standard pipes that come with big bikes are acceptable because they are legal! Adding pipes that are not legal is not good, unfortunately many people are inconsiderate and don't give a shish about other people around!