Car Rental By Month

junglechef

Red Ride () near the airport has cars and trucks starting at 16.000 bt a month that includes first class insurance. They deliver and pick up when your done. Just first and last. They even let you chage from a car to a truck and back when needed.

These are all less than 1 year old and not the base units.

Use then many times

Are they the ones located in between the airport and the immigration office?

I think 15 to 16,000 THB/Mo is a standard rate for a medium sized 4 door saloon. A mate of mine has been renting one for many months now from a place along the Suthep Rd, University end. Quite an expense over the long term, but it certainly sounds like a good deal for anyone just wanting a few weeks.

Stubby

• 1 month later...

as competition is tough, it for sure makes sense to ask the big players too, such as AVIS or BUDGET (but call their main BKK office as the branches are sometimes not allowed to decide on or offer bigger discounts)

For example, the daily rate in low-season on the AVIS-website is THB 700 for a VIOS manual, so they may want to spit out another discount for monthly rentals.

Buy a Bangkok Post (except Saturday/Sunday), it is full of advertisements of the big car rental companies, offering their latest promos

need to rent car (captiva,fortuner,jazz) what ever for a couple of days this month any recommendations/links to rent from?

If a small car will do, I recently found a price of about 6,500 per month for a Honda Brio. Also saves gas. smile.png

Brandin....can you tell me where you got the Honda Brio....a contact for them? ....location?

NO NO NO, It's mine, I want it....... please give the BRIO to MEE-O, here I send u the cash already: 1000THB, 1000THB, 1000THB, 1000THB, 1000THB, 1000THB, 500 THB {~_~}

My wife rents Honda City at 11,200 THB per two week period. Includes pick up/ delivery and full coverage Insurance. Call +66 (0)88 268 6293 or message me. If you rent for a month or more the frist tank of gas is FREE

My wife's parents are coming to stay with us so I'll be renting a car for 2 to 3 weeks. We are thinking of driving down to Cha Am. I have never rented a car before I am concerned about possible car problems and how they would get resolved far from the rental place. I don't know if these "Thai" rental companies maintain their cars very well.

My wife's parents are coming to stay with us so I'll be renting a car for 2 to 3 weeks. We are thinking of driving down to Cha Am. I have never rented a car before I am concerned about possible car problems and how they would get resolved far from the rental place. I don't know if these "Thai" rental companies maintain their cars very well.

Hire from a major company like Avis/Budget/Hertz. They have a service network throughout Thailand and do provide full insurance. Forget renting from a local hire company if you plan to drive out of the CM area.

Rent from Avis. For my business and occasional holiday with the whole family I rent a 12 person Toyota Hi-ace for 1,600 thb inclusive of full coverage insurance, an extra driver and VAT. That's the same price for a Yaris. The base price is roughly 800 thb per day, per car.

I've learned that in Thailand you should pay the extra few hundred for the full coverage insurance. And pay for that extra driver if you intend to have one. No questions asked when in an accident. A bit different than the west where normally your credit card covers travel and rental insurance and the 'extra insurance' is seen as an extra revenue element for car rental companies. But in Thailand it's totally worth the 'hassle free' times if you ever get into an accident, especially get dinged by a passing motorbike.

- Avis also gives an extra 4-hours cushion for return times, and is flexible if you want to extend the rental days over the phone.

- Avis or even Budget are good for drop offs at other locations, without an extra fee.

- WARNING: All major rental companies will require a block of 20-30k on your credit card as a guarantee depending on the type of car you rent. Not sure how that makes sense if even if you take the full insurance coverage. But this amount will be blocked which means that's less money allowed for purchases on your card during the rental period. The amount usually gets reimbursed within 1-2 weeks after you return the car.

- Depending which airport you rent from, it may be better to take the alternate gas fee due to lack of gas stations. The prices per liter that the rental companies offer are very competitive and often worth the hassle.

- The local rental car companies tend to be more expensive, such as Master Car and Thai Rent A Car.

Check the websites of AVIS and Budget. Google the offices in Thailand. Don't go through the international sites.

• Like 1

My family have used the following place several times, great service, careful about getting details correct, as follows:

- CD CARRENT

- Manager, Khun Nuttaya

- Address, 183/15 Changklan Road CM city. Very easy parking at the side of the shop, half minute walk to Butter is Better resaturant, one minute walk (across the intersection) to Pantip at night plaza.

- Mobile, 08 1998 4703

- Tel and fax, 053 818041

- Rental by the day and long term

- Can arrange driver

- Most of their cars are new to about one year old, all in close to new condition

- Rate over new year period for mid size close to new Toyota car (29 Dec to 3 Jan) - 1,200Baht per day, rates lower at non peak periods

- First time we rented, deposit 10,000Baht, no hassles whatever to return the deposit

- Second and further times, deposit 5,000Baht, no hassles with return of deposit.

- Enough English spoken, good listeners, focused answers, take it slowly, write whatever details so easier to get message across and no misunderstandings all round

- Very keen to be helpful and very customer service oriented.

- We will use them again when needed

Edited by scorecard
  • Like 1

Hire from a major company like Avis/Budget/Hertz. They have a service network throughout Thailand and do provide full insurance. Forget renting from a local hire company if you plan to drive out of the CM area.

Does that advice about not renting from local hire include driving around North Thailand, like Pai, MHS or Chiang Rai?

Does that advice about not renting from local hire include driving around North Thailand, like Pai, MHS or Chiang Rai?

You just have to take your chances. Couple of years back we rented a car from a local CM independent and drove over to CR and the Burma border. We were lucky, no problems, and all went well. Last year we flew over to Udon and because we were not happy with the independent's so called 'full insurance' contract which really covered very little and we were signing to accept all loses/damages. So we decided to rent from Avis. Best decision I ever made. We hit a sharp stone on the road near Petchabun and wrecked the tyre, Ok changed to the spare, called up Avis and they asked me to get to the Avis agent at Petchabun airport where they gave me another car. (I just wanted a replacement spare, but they insisted on a whole car). There was no cost at all to me, insurance covered it all. I will not be renting from independents any more, if I plan long distance driving.

• Like 1