Cathay Probes ' Coffee Threat ' On Thaksin's Daughter

webfact

Looks like Honey's got herself in a proper jam now. rolleyes.gif

Last time I saw her in Manchester she was performing an eye candy trick.

I bet ya, she was the toast of the party then. rolleyes.gif

Actually she was rather outstaged by her older sister and her girlfriend possy. In whom the assembled football officionardos, players, and council bigwigs took at some point of the event more interest than in the benefactor daddy.

Edited by Morakot

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have more respect for Cathay Pacific's flight attendants now. Should have dropped something from the overhead bin on here also.

Why? Should all Bin Ladens have coffee poured on them also, shall we caste the first stone at the Germans because some of their fathers were in the SS. Fecken Childish.

I have more respect for Cathay Pacific's flight attendants now. Should have dropped something from the overhead bin on here also.

So. The daughter of Thaksin is sitting on a plane, I would assume minding her own business and this deranged fruit loop contemplates this.

Doesn't matter if Thaksin is loved or hated, <deleted> has that to do with his daughter??

Oh yes, that's right she's privileged, and has a bad dad, so that's enough to do that.

Maybe you had a bad dad, and a boot makers anvil may fall out of the locker and hit you. I would call that karma.

And she was full involved in some of the big corruption cases and never distanced herself.....lied around with her money not her money, her shares not her shares.

She didn't studied art at university without knowing what is going on, she was and is as helpful as possible.

Well maybe, this stewardess should protest the court decision then.

It's clear from this and the previous thread on this topic, that we have a sizable number of Thai Visa posters with the same distorted take on reality as this Cathay Pacific ex-employee... I mean, what sort of person needs to ask if it is okay to throw coffee at a passenger she is meant to be looking after?

Having been in business class on that flight in the same week I'm trying to picture her but can't. Guess I will have to wait for the next televised rally of the yellow brigade or whatever color they use these days as no doubt she will be paraded on stage as a martyr to the cause...

SOCIAL MEDIA NETWORKING

Cathay Pacific fires flight attendant in Paetongtarn case

The Nation

30195555-01_big.jpg

File photo

BANGKOK: -- The flight attendant who allegedly threatened to pour a hot drink on former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra's daughter Paetongtarn Shinawatra during a recent flight has been removed by her employer Cathay Pacific.

The cabin crew concerned is no longer an employee of the company," Cathay Pacific said in a statement released yesterday.

The international flag carrier of Hong Kong said that after a "thorough investigation", it found that the cabin crew member involved had failed to adhere to its privacy policy of posting certain information on a social media site about any passenger without authority.

The airline's move came amid mounting pressure from politicians in the ruling Pheu Thai Party and its supporters. A group of 50 Thaksin supporters yesterday gathered outside the Cathay Pacific office on Phloenchit Road demanding the stewardess be punished.

Cathay Pacific Airways Bangkok branch manager Leslie Lu met the group and distributed the airline's statement of apology.

Airline's regret

"Cathay Pacific regrets this unfortunate incident and wishes to assure all our customers that their privacy and a strict adherence to all privacy regulations is extremely important to us."

The stewardess had posted the Facebook message saying she was pleased she had not succumbed to her anger and did not translate her thoughts into action. The issue has now gone viral.

In her message posted on Instagram, Paetongtarn jokingly asked "Is it coffee or tea?" supposedly to the air stewardess who thought of throwing the drink at her. Paetongtarn also offered an apology to the stewardess if she had done anything to make her so angry.

Deputy Interior Minister Pracha Prasobdee said yesterday that he wanted criminal action taken against the Cathay Pacific stewardess, claiming she intended to intimidate and assault a client and had violated the privacy of the airline's customer by publicly revealing the client's information.

The deputy minister tweeted that he would go today to the airline to make his point.

The stewardess, who is reported to be a yellow-shirt supporter, posted on her Facebook page a photo of the manifest, the list of passengers showing Paetongtarn's name on a Cathay flight bound for Hong Kong on November 25.

Pracha claimed the stewardess's action had an element that constituted a crime since she had the intention and had prepared for the incident, even though a crime was not successfully executed. He even said that the Shinawatra family members could risk being poisoned, so the airline executives must get rid of such staff.

Pracha's move to press the airline to take criminal action against the stewardess is expected to provoke a response from the yellow shirts.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-12-04

• Like 1

The flight attendant is and should have been terminated immediately without benefits and blacklisted in the industry. This is preposterous behavior of any worker toward a customer let alone an airline employee where security and safety are the first order of business. This is shameful behavior and the attendant's stated comments hold all Thais accountable. She stated that her supervisor informed her that "it would be against 'Hong Kong' laws" not that it was fundamentally wrong and insane. The supervisor should be terminated as well.

Who cares about what a professional's personal opinion is as it comes to doing their professional job? This Thai attendant reflects very poorly on the entire culture of Thai emotional behavior as it works its way into the workplace from parliament and the streets. This type of behavior and the supervisor's inept response are blatant red flags for any international company seriously considering hiring Thais in responsible positions. This is very noteworthy as Thais struggle to compete with candidates from other countries in a global world.

• Like 2

The flight attendant is and should have been terminated immediately without benefits and blacklisted in the industry. This is preposterous behavior of any worker toward a customer let alone an airline employee where security and safety are the first order of business. This is shameful behavior and the attendant's stated comments hold all Thais accountable. She stated that her supervisor informed her that "it would be against 'Hong Kong' laws" not that it was fundamentally wrong and insane. The supervisor should be terminated as well.

Who cares about what a professional's personal opinion is as it comes to doing their professional job? This Thai attendant reflects very poorly on the entire culture of Thai emotional behavior as it works its way into the workplace from parliament and the streets. This type of behavior and the supervisor's inept response are blatant red flags for any international company seriously considering hiring Thais in responsible positions. This is very noteworthy as Thais struggle to compete with candidates from other countries in a global world.

If Cathay are smart, they will have paid her something to stop her talking to the press about this.

as for pracha. Quit while you're ahead

Why is she not flying THAI ?

Anyone got a link to this chicks facebook page?

I thought I remembered a few years ago Thaksin made the statement that if Thai was not the national carrier he would not fly with them. I can't find it now. Am I dreaming this up?

Why is she not flying THAI ?

Anyone got a link to this chicks facebook page?

I thought I remembered a few years ago Thaksin made the statement that if Thai was not the national carrier he would not fly with them. I can't find it now. Am I dreaming this up?

Why the hell does she or anyone else have to fly with Thai? Maybe Cathay had a more convenient schedule for her on that particular day. Does everyone working in the Government have to fly on Thai airways or extend that to the families of people related to the Government?

Why does it even matter?

But if the situation were reversed, and some Red-Shirt supporter posted or did something similar, writing about another son/daughter of the amart-establishment, rather than someone in the 'S-clan', would there be equal condemnation or outrage ? I rather suspect not.

If you think a red airline hostess could say/do the same thing about Abhisit's kids without repercussion, you're completely and utterly wrong. Totally. You really couldn't be more wrong.

• Like 1

But if the situation were reversed, and some Red-Shirt supporter posted or did something similar, writing about another son/daughter of the amart-establishment, rather than someone in the 'S-clan', would there be equal condemnation or outrage ? I rather suspect not.

If you think a red airline hostess could say/do the same thing about Abhisit's kids without repercussion, you're completely and utterly wrong. Totally. You really couldn't be more wrong.

So why are people on here applauding this so called "brave" act. Would they be applauding so loudly if the roles and players reversed as above? And don't underestimate how stupid some of the people involved in these movements actually are. As people wrote about some of the language on the pro-yellow sites being "insane", I am sure that the language on the pro-red sites is hardly too choice also. Both sides are capable of doing extremely stupid things, so I would suggest that anyone or any group claiming this girl is heroic for publicity purposes considers the possible consequences.

• Like 1

Airline-passengers usually have a right to privacy & service from the staff, this lady was clearly over-the-edge in her reaction, in this case.

But if the situation were reversed, and some Red-Shirt supporter posted or did something similar, writing about another son/daughter of the amart-establishment, rather than someone in the 'S-clan', would there be equal condemnation or outrage ? I rather suspect not. whistling.gif

Straw-man argument at best. It is not the reverse situation so it's not possible to say, much less make accusations on something that did not happen.

The flight attendant was clearly out of line. When she is working she is a representative of the company, not her political party, whatever that might be. Temporarily removing her from service is the right response. It may not be a 'firing offense' but she's revealed herself as somewhat unstable and unreliable as a hostess. Shame on her!

Well let me see now. First it was Thaksin was going to be assassinated. Then it was Yingluck was going to be kidnapped. Now we have a flight attendant wanting to throw coffee on Thaksin's daughter. What's next someone kidnapping Potjaman's parakeet and demanding millions of Baht ransom? This family sure is going through some tough times lately.

• Like 1

Well let me see now. First it was Thaksin was going to be assassinated. Then it was Yingluck was going to be kidnapped. Now we have a flight attendant wanting to throw coffee on Thaksin's daughter. What's next someone kidnapping Potjaman's parakeet and demanding millions of Baht ransom? This family sure is going through some tough times lately.

At least there is some proof of someone wanting to throw coffee on his daughter.

At least there is some proof of someone wanting to throw coffee on his daughter.

Yeah I suppose one out of three ain't bad for a start.

Airline-passengers usually have a right to privacy & service from the staff, this lady was clearly over-the-edge in her reaction, in this case.

But if the situation were reversed, and some Red-Shirt supporter posted or did something similar, writing about another son/daughter of the amart-establishment, rather than someone in the 'S-clan', would there be equal condemnation or outrage ? I rather suspect not. whistling.gif

Straw-man argument at best. It is not the reverse situation so it's not possible to say, much less make accusations on something that did not happen.

The flight attendant was clearly out of line. When she is working she is a representative of the company, not her political party, whatever that might be. Temporarily removing her from service is the right response. It may not be a 'firing offense' but she's revealed herself as somewhat unstable and unreliable as a hostess. Shame on her!

I really couldn't care less about either side as they are as despicable as one another . . . so, let's say this/a flight attendant doesn't like Italians/Portuguese/Chanthaburians/Koreans/redheads/blond(e)s/children. Anyone can conjur up a reason to dislike/hate someone else based on whatever criteria

Changes the perspective, doesn't it. As Jawnie quite rightly says, she is working for a company - if she wants to have politics rule her life she should do the only correct thing and get involved in politics . . . in her own country.

Definitely a firing offense

Why doesn't daddy give the poor girl a private plane? It will cost a billion baht max to have a decent plane that can fly to Hongkong and Dubai. Peanuts for the Shins. From the rice scam alone they could buy a few boeings. What is this elite girl doing flying among the peasants?

I also just read that Deputy Interior Minister Pracha Prasobdee will pay Cathay Pacific a PERSONAL visit to make sure that the Stewardess in question is appropriately punished.

Edited by Nickymaster

So why are people on here applauding this so called "brave" act. Would they be applauding so loudly if the roles and players reversed as above? And don't underestimate how stupid some of the people involved in these movements actually are. As people wrote about some of the language on the pro-yellow sites being "insane", I am sure that the language on the pro-red sites is hardly too choice also. Both sides are capable of doing extremely stupid things, so I would suggest that anyone or any group claiming this girl is heroic for publicity purposes considers the possible consequences.

The brave act would be declaring what she would have liked to do, but refrained from, I assume. Or is there some other act I missed?

I find it very interesting that there just happen to be about fifty middle aged cookie bakers with pre-printed signs show up at the Cathay Pacific office at exactly the same time the press showed up. Now don't get me wrong I'm not saying these old gals were another rent-a-mob but one does have to wonder. Of course I'm confident coincidences like this happen every day in Bangkok.

• Like 1

Seems the flight attendant has lost her perspective on things.

As I understand it, she has lost more than just her perspective.

From her FB page....favourite quote:

While it is clear that physically, we belong to the animal family, it is our behaviour that define our humanity, not the fact that we stand upright or have more developed brains.