Internet Connection Today

LivinginKata

Tried your link Valentine - to San Fran. Looks like it can't even measure anything. Just gives up and declares an error.

I had trouble with it earlier but this link is the one Woody uses for his speed test reporting site so 1,000s of tests from Phuket to this site.

Yes, I know it's woody's preferred speed test. Just saying that my TOT connection must be tooooo slow. So it just gives up ... sad.png

I had trouble with it earlier but this link is the one Woody uses for his speed test reporting site so 1,000s of tests from Phuket to this site.

I had a lot of problems comparing speed testing sites for my latest Windows Secrets Newsletter article,

http://windowssecrets.com/top-story/how-to-measure-your-true-internet-speed/

http://windowssecrets.com/forums/showthread.php/150840-How-to-measure-your-true-Internet-speed

If anybody here has suggestions - alternate sites, an explanation for what's happening - I'm all ears!

- Woody

• 2 months later...

Seems to me that ADSL Internet speeds with both 3BB & TOT have been very erratic this past week. I had a good laugh today at the 3BB Karon (Patak Rd) office when i called in to pay my monthly bills. Lady was taking a long time to pull up our account. She explained - the internet is very slow today, I replied - then there is no chance for the rest of us, oh the irony of it ... cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

• Like 2

It seems to me all the test sites are BS... Sometimes Thai Visa won't load, other times FaceBook. Torrents are fast some hours and slow others. You can test all you want and I think you will find it varies from hour to hour and day, as well as by test site. At least internet is relatively inexpensive compared to most of the world, so I have two ISPs at my house here. If one isn't working very well, I switch to the other. I would go mad if I only had one, I'm sure!

The test sites are ok for testing the local connection. Not to test connections to other countries for example. That depends of various parameters, how routing is done, what is the ISP's internation bandwidth to different networks, how the receiving service is implemented etc. etc.

• 3 months later...

Paid subscriber with 3BB over past three years.

We have 2 years installed online security house alarm.

Alarm update obline sends a ftp / email photo house alarm problem

Over two years notice a series of 3BB trouble when the alarm can not respond online

The good no problem online status is a WAN ISP assigned address ranging from 197.xxx.xxx.xxx

to 223.xxx.xxx.xxx these are 3BB routed locations between Chonburi and Bangkok taht do operate

as a ispv4 network...

WHEN THE ALARM stop working notice that 3BB WAN ISP assigned address is

changed to 49.48.xxx.xxx an address that still connect the ALARM ONLINE MODEM but not the

DDNS update and and forces

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

During this trouble calling 3BB service repairs 3BB WAN IP address and under 10 minutes DDNS

is updates ALARM back to normal...

We tried several times to explain and educate 3BB what has happen to WAN IP ADDRESS but

over past two years the trouble continues..

Do you 3BB users, technical people, can you explain changing 3BB customer WAN IP address

what is purpose of 3BB random WAN IP ADDRESS 49.48.xxx.xxx, is it a restrict trouble address

forced on a 3BB customer during 3BB system network problem? Why use it? Not a standard ISP

WAN IP address that connects outside of Thailand

and

why or what is 49.48.xxx.xxx WAN IP address trigger, forced by what online 3BB issue problems?

and

Finaly when we travel outside Thailand we can not email 3BB there is no account access and

all email correspondence is rejected after you try to SEND to their customer service center. Do

any of you technical 3BB readers have an ENGLISH direct CUSTOMER SERVICE contact to the

Thailand 3BB CUSTOMER SUPPORT center.. Please advise

The attached jpg image are from May 2013 show 3BB operation performance drastic change

Can one of you 3BB technical readers forward these to the 3BB CUSTOMER SERVICE CENTER

The local technician that travel to the property has no idea what happen and always use a signal

meter to explain yes the signal is bad.. Three years we never got connected above 1,000,000

post-96545-0-94349300-1370926548_thumb.j

post-96545-0-67526600-1370926602_thumb.j

post-96545-0-42218000-1370926759_thumb.j

• 2 weeks later...

TOT sloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow today

Seemed Ok for me but after your post I made a speed test to USA - only 2.25 Meg down and 0.32 down. I'm on a 10 Meg TOT package and usually get at least 7 Meg. That will explain the poor video viewing today.