Power Cut.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can see from far away bright lights on the coast of Menam. Like always if fai tub on Plai Laem, Bobhut.

Do they have the real thing or just generators or candle enthusiats, who make that only for Plai Laem folk's jealousy?

Called the electric company, problem with the underwater cable. Engineers are have flown in from Bangkok but cannot do anything just yet. Have to wait till tomorrow.

Cannot contact any of my staff in Haad Rin - Koh Phangan, as DTAC towers are all out :S

AFAIK Koh Phangan is completely without power (except that coming from generators). DTAC and AIS are down, TRUE still on. Gas station cannot supply fuel because they don't have a backup system. My wife (I don't stay in KPG) got the last thousand Baht from a gas station using an emergency hand system to get up the gas. ;-)

My generators will not last forever. I hope the power will come back in the morning. The problem is in the u/w cable that connect Samui and Phangan with the national grid in Khanom.

A clamorous lack of professionalism from the Electric Company.

im in bophut near go kart no electric here right now although today 1 side of the street had electric all day till 5:30pm but the other side still no electric since morning

earlier around 7pm came from chaweng cannot use dtac phone or internet but its ok here in bophut

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Thaivisa Connect App

9.30 pm and still no power in Plai Laem.

3BB down

TOT down (still)

Truemove dongle working - slowly.

It has not been this bad on a planned maintenance since they first brought the extra cables over from the mainland. That was a few years back - 3 days! (At Christmas as well)

Looks like a BBQ tomorrow if the power does not come back on soon (I do not want to run the Genny all night). Sausages, bacon and lamb chops in the freezer!

Power back at Chaweng Beach Road - at least a large part of it.

A staff at the power company claims power is being rationed, so each area will have power for appx. 2 hours at a time. They also confirm the broken cable story, and has shown pictures of the dug up cables near a transformer station somewhere. The pictures are taken at night, and there were lots of guys with yellow hard hats, so unless it's just a publicity stunt, it looks like they are working on it through the evening/night.

I've just been back home to take a shower and change clothes.

There's electricity in parts of Lamai and all the way to Chaweng Noi, but that's it.

Coming into Chaweng from the Family Mart near Ohms Motorcycle, it's all dark from there on and the entire Chaweng area, around the lake etc.

Looks like I'll be spending the night here at the office.

Power in Chaweng is from individual shop and hotel generators. No actual PEA power. Rumor is the cut was caused by the current mayor's opposing candidate who's running for re election in just 2 days. The timing is incredibly coincidental.

Still no power in Santi Thani (Bang Por) but DTAC works this means the tower near the main road has got power at last.

Dtac have there own back up when power is down.

Might be, DTAC has back-up power, but But DTAC was down yesterday afternoon and last night,- so was AIS.

Still no power in Hua Thanon. Came on around 8pm last night then off again 2 hours later... DTAC has only just started working here after being off all night...

It's interesting that the power problem started when they were making an "upgrade" to the system yesterday... Somebody messed up big time.