Time Of Day.

theblether

What's your favourite time of day in Thailand?

I love the evenings, the nightlife, the restaurants full of people relaxing and listening to live music, but my favourite time of day is Dawn.

I love watching the markets burst into life, the monks emerging from the Temples, the rattle of activity as people throw off the nights sleep and prepare for another day in beautiful Thailand.

I love the burst of colour as the flower sellers and fruit merchants set up stall, and I love watching the gentle interactions that morning people bring.

I've found everywhere I go morning people are the first to give you a nod and say hello, I learned that first when I worked in Bavaria, where every day started with a cheery "Gruss Gott", and from the golf courses of Canada, the factories of Shanghai through to the harbours of Fiji, everyone was the same. Early mornings bring out the best in people.

Wake me early in the morning and let me sit back and watch Thailand wake up, that's one version of heaven for me.

How about you? What's your favourite time of day?

3pm.....beer o'clock. :D

Or if I'm on the Andaman coast somewhere sunset.....fantastic....preferably wirh a barbie smell in the background.

Or late afternoon impromptu game of footie.

Breakfast at the Marriott bakery place.

A morning flight from Suvarnhbhumi....

Swimming at 2am...while drunk.

Edited by smokie36

I have several, depending where I am:

If in Bangkok, I like watching the busy commotion of the night Market set up in the evening on PP.

If on MRP Beach, afternoon, just lazing taking in the fresh sea food and just looking and waiting for the sun to come down, some amazing views and complete peace.

I have to agree, I'm an early morning person, get up at 6.30am, read the news, take the kids to school on the bike and stop off for a roadside breakfast on the way back and watch the world go by, also I have to favour that time since I'm still cool and calm as I haven't yet negotiated the morning traffic which gets the blood boiling,

Jonny

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

Smokie, early morning,11:38 am, that's dinner time for me.! For me 3 - 4 am is good. On certain mornings American football is televised live and the stupid internet actually is working a little bit faster than pouring molasses.

when in thailand,at suburb/village,the early morning is lovely,the few oldies still farming go to the last few rice fields nearby,the younger ones on their motorcycles going off to work,grandfathers/grandmothers with their grandchildren going off to the local school.monks doing their laps.

sitting back with a nescafe gold,smelling the dew on the trees in the garden,FIL smoking,drinking his coffee,MIL and wife,getting things organised for the day.

some of the older ladies,getting a gang together,to go out to look for bamboo,ants,crabs or fishing.

Have to agree TB, dawn does it for me! Usually between 05:30 and 06:00 when the sun is just coming up and the temperature is that couple of degrees cooler. Watch the dogs wake up and do their own established security rounds of the house. No meaningful conversations with the wife before coffee (and she is of the same mindframe which is great!)............ thumbsup.gif

Caffeine & nicotine (yes, I am a self confessed drug addict for the mentioned vices before anyone starts...............rolleyes.gif ) to kick-start the day and good to go for the office at 07:00.

favourite time when i was a man with different interests,the hookers arriving for work,the night-dwellers starting their day,farangs gearing up for a night boozing etc,good memories.

Yep Mack, I could relate to that as well, there was nothing quite like watching the world go by as you describe, albiet many years ago!

favourite time when i was a man with different interests,the hookers arriving for work,the night-dwellers starting their day,farangs gearing up for a night boozing etc,good memories.

Memories. There was a time (about 25 years ago) when that was one of my favorite times of day as well.

Amazing how much one can change: now I'm more like the other guys posting above - the peaceful and pretty times....

Dawn and the promise of a day filled with sunshine and feel good moments.

Sitting at my table under the palm tree watching my pond and having crispy butter croissants (home made) with a cup of real coffee from my Senseo and then to top it all up my first cigarette. licklips.gif (Yes I'm one of those)

Thanks "theblether" fot this feel good moment onTV !

Yermanee wai.gif

• Like 1

I love mornings

Seeing my dog so excited I made another night and it's time for walkies -wiggle wiggle wiggle

Making my first cuppa

The neighbours smiling

Reading my personal e-mails from my Mum telling me what she ate and asking what I'm having for breakfast

The day takes a turn when I turn on my cell and check work e-mail

Whoa! It's only noon and I've maxed out my likes! I didn't eve know that was possible (and what's up with that, anyway?)

I really like that post.

Edited by SteeleJoe

I love mornings

Seeing my dog so excited I made another night and it's time for walkies -wiggle wiggle wiggle

Making my first cuppa

The neighbours smiling

Reading my personal e-mails from my Mum telling me what she ate and asking what I'm having for breakfast

The day takes a turn when I turn on my cell and check work e-mail

Whoa! It's only noon and I've maxed out my likes! I didn't eve know that was possible (and what's up with that, anyway?)

I really like that post.

I 'liked' it on your behalf ... wai.gif

Dawn. Stumbling outside with a cup of instant coffee and pack of cigs to wake up. The kids, mom and the wife are all still sleeping. The only ones awake are me and the dogs. Its cool and quiet and I have a chance to work out the aches of the night before I have to do anything in particular.

Mornings are great in the village but I like the afternoons when everyones home from work and school, the village comes to life. Usually we have a bit of a football kick going then down to the local market for the fresh food or over at the shop buying a few beers and chatting with the store owner. Its so tranquil yet a buzz with people doing their things.