My Thai Lady Friend Turns 20Yrs Old In 4 Months

mnepatty

As the title suggests, the thai girl that I'm keen on is 19 yrs old. She turns 20 yrs old in 4 months time.

I'm new to Thailand and a friend suggested it might be a problem if I take her to my hotel room as they will ask her to leave her id card at reception.

Can somebody please advise if this is indeed true? i.e. if its a small hotel (owned by farang and thai wife) do you think they are likely to ring the authorities and cause problems. I thinking that they would not do this as they would not want the trouble associated with this.

Wikipedia states:

‘’ This ostensibly makes the Thai unfettered age of consent 18.’’

Can someone with legal experience please explain why hotel staff would have a problem when the ''unfettered age of consent is 18''

Should I speak to the farang owner of the hotel and tell him the truth. I do really like this girl and not sure I understand the petty rules in this country.

Whats the issue?..shes 19.

Usually the hotel will want it if you bring her back after a night out and they think shes a bg. If shes with you on check in, and you have shown your id, they wont ask for hers.

Dont panic big boythumbsup.gif

If you register her as the second occupant of your room, they will make a note of her ID on your booking and you won't have any issues being asked for her ID every time you go to the room together. Otherwise, depending on the hotel policy, they may ask her to register nightly where she will have to leave her ID at reception with the broad assumption that she is a hooker. To avoid embarrassment and misunderstanding, get her added as a room occupant.

I forgot to add, she is of legal age to be with your so no need to worry over that.

Sent from the Back 'o Bennachie with an Asus eePad Transformer TF201 thingumabob.

Edited by NanLaew

You are over thinking this. Two consenting adults having sex in a hotel room is not exactly a new thing in Thailand (or anywhere else in the world).

Talk with the owner and see what the hotel policy is on having a second person stay in the room. There have been times when it hasnt been a problem and other times in which my guest needed to leave an id at reception. Either way, it shouldnt be a big deal or any of the owners business what your intentions are unless your breaking the law.

This is your girlfriend, presumably you can discuss the idea of staying in a hotel together. Get that agreed and then check in together and save her the embarrassment of being treated like a prostitute.

Totally agree with this post. I booked a hotel in BKK and Chiang Mai under both mine and my Thai GF name and she was not asked for ID. Far better and respectful. Though most girls will expect to hand in there ID card anyway.

mate at 19 she knows more than a western girl does at 30 believe me dont even think about it .

About sex with elderly men, that's what the Western girl might never experience. 19 is legit to have sex with. Drinking age is 20, so don't give her any booze yet. blink.png

• Like 1

How old is the OP, that’s if this is all true?

If the OP is 20 years or more older than this girl, then yes, that’s certainly going to raise eyebrows and questions maybe asked.

If this is the case and the OP has concerns, than just take her to a girl friendly hotel or motel where elderly farangs and young Thai girls staying together would not look out of place and there will be no questions asked. Otherwise whatever the OP does, he does so at his own risk and discretion.

BTW: How does the OP know the girl’s correct age? Has he seen any proof, such as an ID card? If not, than it is possible that she really is underage.

I am missing something, nothing to do with a possible 2 generation gap here, which is common in Thailand, but if age of consent is 18 and she is 19 then what is the issue at all legally if you are not paying her for sex, just giving her 1000B for the taxi home?

easy, get the gf to book and pay for the room, then no one will ask for your id at all, - no was not there officer-

it works every time for me, i usually masquarade as dumb farang in backgroound, driver or similar - ( something I pull of very well - surprisingly)

Age of majority is 20 in Thailand.

Appart from the consent to have sex, there is also the point of keeping a minor from her parents. Going to a hotelroom with a minor would qualify as such, and the implication is that you have sex with her without being it so said resulting in a stiffer sentence if the parents would file a complaint.

Age of majority is 20 in Thailand.

Appart from the consent to have sex, there is also the point of keeping a minor from her parents. Going to a hotelroom with a minor would qualify as such, and the implication is that you have sex with her without being it so said resulting in a stiffer sentence if the parents would file a complaint.

I think that mario2008 has made the most sensible comment thus far- I haven't read page 2 yet..

The issue in this country is that a lot of hotels will not allow thai girls in farang hotel rooms unless the girl is 20 yrs or above.

If OP runs into trouble over this one he is going to have to pull the wallet out to get out of trouble