What's Up With K-Bank Today? Up 4% On The Set!

Been following this for a while as I bought some about a year ago.

Today was the biggest gainer this year and another new high.

Anyone have any ideas why?

I heard something about some new car buying opportunity.

The govt. is going to help you buy a new car or something???

I don't know, my wife was trying to explain it to me.

I wonder if that has something to do with most Thai banks going up today.

But K-bank is by far the biggest gainer.

Yes, good news- i bought a chunk of KBANK stock in November ...its up 10% since then but i am holding on longer as i think there will be another nice jump after the fiscal cliff issue is sorted out.

Overall this year its looking like I made about a 10% return on the SET (not an 'on paper' return, but actually cashed out return)- very happy with that given the economic turmoil over 2012.

Edited by ExpatJ

The governments 1st car buyer scheme is what you are thinking of. It is ending next year so people are rushing to buy cars. Its been going on since 2011 though, not new. KBANK is fundamentally very strong and stands to gain from any stimulative policies from the govt. The stock is our banking analysts top pick (along with scb and ktb)

almost up another 2 percent today

Overall this year its looking like I made about a 10% return on the SET (not an 'on paper' return, but actually cashed out return)- very happy with that given the economic turmoil over 2012.

You must be joking. It was a fabulous year for Thai stocks; even the SET 50 Index returned 30%. Returns of 45% weren't uncommon.

http://tools.morningstarthailand.com/th/fundquickrank/default.aspx?Site=th&LanguageId=en-TH

Coulda got 60% in the Bualuang Top Ten.

Have to agree with JSixpack... This has been a good year

My LTF is up 44.99 % this year

There ya go. I think ExpatJ is simply in denial. smile.png

You must be joking. It was a fabulous year for Thai stocks; even the SET 50 Index returned 30%. Returns of 45% weren't uncommon.

http://tools.morning...anguageId=en-TH

If only there was a demand for retroactive stock picks, you'd be minted wink.png

Just to semi justify myself - i was only invested in the stock market for 3 months out of the 12 this year given the global market volatility.

FWIW- I gauge my success on stocks by the amount of return i am able to generate as compared to my annual company salary. This year with 10% return on SET, i got a return equal to 20% of my annual salary i.e. if my annual salary is 100$ then this year I made 20$ on the SET.

Edited by ExpatJ

If only there was a demand for retroactive stock picks, you'd be minted wink.png

Just to semi justify myself - i was only invested in the stock market for 3 months out of the 12 this year given the global market volatility.

FWIW- I gauge my success on stocks by the amount of return i am able to generate as compared to my annual company salary. This year with 10% return on SET, i got a return equal to 20% of my annual salary i.e. if my annual salary is 100$ then this year I made 20$ on the SET.

Love it. Tell us your annual company salary so that we can all use that new benchmark.

Using your hypothetical example, you'd have made 120% in the Bualuang Top Ten doing nothing. Right? smile.png

I guess many of the pros didn't agree w/ your position of staying out of the market owing to global market volatility. But glad you're happy.

Love it. Tell us your annual company salary so that we can all use that new benchmark.

Using your hypothetical example, you'd have made 120% in the Bualuang Top Ten doing nothing. Right? smile.png

I guess many of the pros didn't agree w/ your position of staying out of the market owing to global market volatility. But glad you're happy.

Using your insightful analysis can you tell us any other stocks that we could have made 50% + returns on if we had only invested in them 12 months ago?

Just teasing :)

Using your insightful analysis can you tell us any other stocks that we could have made 50% + returns on if we had only invested in them 12 months ago?

Just teasing smile.png

Sorry, but the rationale and calculation of your exciting new benchmark for inflated returns just isn't yet clear enough for meaningful performance figures. smile.png

Edited by JSixpack