Bank Accounts

KC 71

Hi does anyone know the best bank account to open here as ive got to open one next week-I assume its bangkok bank in maesai which is e nearest to doi tung but any feedback would be helpful thanks

Must admit I have had good service generaly from Bangkok Bank...they even have someone who monitors this forum for problems. They seem to be more willing to service foreigners than some and some of their phamphlets are in English. The bank at MaeSai in the Tesco shopping centre is fairly handy.

I have good Luck with Bangkok Bank in Bandu. Good service and not all that crowded. In addtion, i just went to internet banking with them and can access my accounts 24/7 to transfer money or just check the status. It is great to access my money on my iPhone and do transactions. Since I travel a lot in Thailand, it makes life easier to move money and withdraw funds from ATM's when needed.

So, my money is automatically deposited to Direct Deposit account with Bangkok Bank in New York. In turn it is sent to Bangkok Bank here in Thailand automatically. I then go on line via computer or iPhone and transfer money to my Bangkok Bank Savings account to use my ATM card. You can also visit the Bank and withdrawl large amounts of money from your account.

I use Kasikorn and Krungsri personally. Both have great internet banking, and alert services for incoming and outgoing money but for ease of sending international remittances and speed of crediting incoming international wires, Krungsri shades it for me.

I have had a regular savings account with an ATM card with Kasikorn Bank since 2010. Been satisfied with them. I initially chose Kasikorn based on the number of their ATMs that I had noticed all over the place. You can get a debit card with them if you want but I chose to just get the ATM card. Have done several wire transfers with no problems. Have internet/web access to my account. Use it to pay into my cell phone account.

Whichever bank you choose, I suggest that you go to the largest or "main" branch of that bank in your area to open your account. It's more likely that they will be familiar with opening an account for a foreigner.