Murder Charge Against Thailand Ex-Premier Abhisit Designed To Force Compromise

webfact

begin removed ...

I am willing to predict that the only way to make the charges stick is if Abhisit's own allies give him up. If they do, or if he is forced to resign as Democrat leader, we will see a political shift in the country and perhaps a viable alternative to the PTP will emerge.

Either the charge is correct, or it's not. The rest has no relation with the charges and certainly not with the OP. IMHO

One does not know if the charge is correct unless there has been an investigation that establishes the facts upon which to lay the charge. The charge(s) will be proven correct in court if there is evidence to substantiate the charge(s).

As I wrote, in order to make the charges stick, someone from his government is going to have to testify in support of the allegations. If the wall of defiance starts to disintegrate, then the charges have serious implications for the political future of Mr. Abhisit.

Still not correct, dear GK. The charge is not correct on an investigation that establishes the facts upon which to lay the charge. The charge will only be proven correct when after due deliberation the court judges the charge to be correct and the accused guilty.

As the charge is murder and the verdict on the inquest says 'run out of house, got caught in volley of gunfire' a guilty verdict seems very unlikely. That's independent of any support for or against the accusations.

The suggestion on k. Abhisit's political future is just speculation which is yours and has nothing to do with what is happening. It would be similar if I would start speculating on Dept. PM Pol. Captain Chalerm having second thoughts on getting k. Thaksin back wink.png

Correct with the 'run out of house, got caught in valley of gunfire' that there is not a charge to answer. One would wish that out of all of this would come a valid alternative but the sad reality of this is it does not matter a crap what with the ever increasing Shinawatra Mafia Family control on everything, including at the ballot box as the numbers are there with each PuuYai pledging of ฿500 to ensure that they will get to do whatever they like. Someone made the comment that Thaksin does not need to worry about getting his confiscated money back, as at the rate that Thailand is being plundered now it will start seeming small pittance.

• Like 2

i would see it as murder charge against abhisit/suthep designed to get at abhisit/suthep.

i see nothing wrong with him being grilled on everything with regards to his involvement, we don't know enough about the details and level of his involvement,

though unfortunately i'm not so sure this will make it any clearer.

i suppose we can compare it to the censure debate, they know it won't stick but at least he'll have to answer difficult questions.

ptp know it won't stick, this isn't a bargaining tool, it's simply to get at him.

and it's also to show their red supporters a symbolic image, if nothing else.

And of course when this has no more mileage left to hinder Abhisit and Suthep,PTP will dream up something else. As the old saying goes:"The best plan of defence is attack"

yes, and i hope you admit that both sides are guilty of that.

In the context of the OP with 'Murder charge designed to force compromise' you need to explain why both sides are guilty of 'best plan of defence is attack' wai.gif

DkeSH.gif

• Like 2

This is an outrage, politicians cannot be held accountable for all the deaths and misery their orders cause. If that were to happen how could we ever enjoy a good war of subjugation and mutilation on CNN again? Surely the benefits of bringing democracy and central banking to the heathen races far outweighs the genocide? Almost as reprensible an idea that the leaders and their children would have to lead the troops into battle if they start a war, my God, if this ever caught on worldwide there would be no wars any more.

Abbhisit allowed the troops to gun down the reds, however it was Taksin that put them there just hoping for that. Perhaps a dual docket would be a better idea?

I wouldn,t think Abbisit ordered Troops to fire on Protesters, the men in Black have always had a free run, and unless they are exposed, no one will know who they where taking orders from. methinks the Royalist generals are the Baddies not Abbisit

"no one will know who they where taking orders from."

Except that DPM-Chalerm has announced that he does know, who the leader of the Black-Shirts were, a senior policeman from the North-East, so the truth can readily be established, unless it doesn't actually suit the government's strategy to let the truth emerge ? wink.png

I wouldn,t think Abbisit ordered Troops to fire on Protesters, the men in Black have always had a free run, and unless they are exposed, no one will know who they where taking orders from. methinks the Royalist generals are the Baddies not Abbisit

Indeed, could one speculate that if the charges were genuine, then you would imagine that those giving the orders on the ground, ie the commanding officer of the soldiers doing the shooting, would also be charged with murder? I can think of one very good reason why an army officer has not been charged!

Sent from my GT-P6200 using Thaivisa Connect App