Hungarian Expat Denies Role In Grisly Phuket Killing

webfact

Expat denies role in grisly killing

The Nation

30195854-01_big.jpg

PHUKET: -- A second Hungarian suspect yesterday surrendered to Samui Tourist Police, denying any involvement in the grisly murder of a countryman in a Phuket house.

Lajos Gyorgy Kvalka, 48, is now in Tourist Police custody in Phuket's Muang district. Police said he admitted he had been at the crime scene but claimed he did not participate when Hungarian Moshe David, 38, allegedly bashed and stabbed Peter Reisz, 47, another Hungarian, to death at a house in Phuket City late last month.

Police said Kvalka made a statement that he worked for David and had witnessed the killing of Reisz. He said nobody else was present at the scene.

According to police at Phuket's Tungthong police station, where Kvalka is being held, David confessed to the killing of Reisz, a former business partner. They operated a real estate business in Surat Thani's Samui district.

David took part in a re-enactment of the murder at the house in Phanason Residences, near Makro in Phuket City.

Reisz's body was dumped in jungle on Phuket near Patong Hill, not far from the house where the killing took place. His body was found in a black plastic bag on December 1.

Reisz's pickup was later found on Samui, where it had been placed on sale for Bt500,000.

David was arrested while using an ATM at the MBK shopping centre in Bangkok.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-12-10

Kvalka surrenders, denies active role in Phuket Reisz murder

Phuket Gazette

kv.jpeg

Gyorgy Kvalka has denied any active participation in the murder of fellow Hungarian Peter Reisz in Phuket earlier this month. He told police he was only in the room when it happened. Photo: Kritsada Mueanhawong

PHUKET: -- Following his surrender to Samui Police on Saturday, Gyorgy Lajos Kvalka denied any role in the killing of Hungarian businessman Peter Reisz.

Tourist Police Commander Roy Ingpairoj arrived from Bangkok to present Mr Kvalka, 48, to the press at the Phuket Tourist Police headquarters in Phuket Town on Saturday night.

Named on the arrest warrant as “Kvalka Lajos Gyoergy”, Mr Kvalka surrendered himself to Samui Tourist Police at 11am on Saturday.

His surrender follows the arrest of the primary suspect, Moshe David, in Bangkok on December 5.

“He saw that police had arrested Mr David. He could not stand the pressure, so he turned himself in,” said Maj Gen Roy.

“Mr Gyoergy [sic] told police that he did not kill Mr Reisz. He said he was only with Mr David while the killing took place,” he added.

Mr David has reportedly confessed to police to killing Mr Reisz in a fit of rage after allegedly discovering that Mr Reisz had swindled him out of land and properties with a total value of about 15 million baht.

“Mr Kvalka was transferred to Thung Thong Police Station for further questioning,” Gen Roy explained.

In the meantime, Mr David is being held at the detention cells at Phuket Immigration.

Source: http://www.phuketgaz...rder-19684.html

pglogo.jpg

-- Phuket Gazette 2012-12-10

“Mr Gyoergy [sic] told police that he did not kill Mr Reisz. He said he was only with Mr David while the killing took place,” he added.

​And some people on this planet still believe the earth is flat...---w00t.gif

The most interesting part of this I found was that David was arrested whilst using an ATM. For those doubters out there that keep saying the Police are useless, I suggest that they are not as inept as you all think. My experiences with the Cyber Crimes Division showed they are catching up with the rest of the world pretty quickly and "can" track people electronically pretty easily now.

Mass surveillance of civilian populations on the pretext of catching criminals is not a replacement for police work. It's exactly the opposite.

• Like 2

The most interesting part of this I found was that David was arrested whilst using an ATM. For those doubters out there that keep saying the Police are useless, I suggest that they are not as inept as you all think. My experiences with the Cyber Crimes Division showed they are catching up with the rest of the world pretty quickly and "can" track people electronically pretty easily now.

Mass surveillance of civilian populations on the pretext of catching criminals is not a replacement for police work. It's exactly the opposite.

I was not suggesting anything like mass surveillance. I was suggesting they placed an "alert" on the guys cards so that when they were used, the location is flagged and, if they are on the ball enough, can arrest on scene. That is the far likelier scenario in this case.

Edited by LivinginKata
inflammatory reply removed
  • Like 1

All that time to come up with a defense/alibi/ denial, and he admits being there??? He's really given his lawyer a whole lot to work with.

Equal culpability under western law isn't it? How does it work here?

" I was just an interested observer, Guv., and I never thought to tell anyone, was that wrong of me?" .... "Can I go home now please?"

Unreal

<snip>

<snip>

Fair enough. "Conspiracy to murder" it is, then.

maybe accomplice, but there is no evidence he planned it

if only i knew his car was for sale and he needed quick money i would have offered him 1000 baht

Sorry - and your point is.....? I cannot work out if is generosity, sarcasm, or wanting to take advantage of the guy.

Just a joke - nothing more, nothing less.

For a small fee, it might actually be the case that he was found to be delusional and not actually there at all ...

Sadly by experience of reading these news releases over the years, for a small fee, and lack of speculation prior, it could be found that Mr Mosche and his accomplice were later found to have observed the "suicide" of the deceased, who managed to tie himself up in the rubber plantation.

But, in this case, the Police do seem to be doing a good job. Lets cross our fingers and hope that justice is followed through with on this one, and that any guilty parties are punished under the laws they breached - Thai law.

Thai police would get the job done properly at all costs...

... IF it involved enough money. We're talking millions of baht here in real estate or cash. Who's gonna take care of the business after all, when everyone is all nice n' locked up?

Still... Anybody else here think it's strange that farangs have a REAL ESTATE business in THAILAND?? Do you not need to OWN LAND for real estate to happen?!?

Today it does not matter, the people who are looking will find you. Thailand is not catching up, they have had the tech as long as they have had ATM's and the like. Use an ATM, credit card, your phone, your computer/any computer, your Passport. Everything has an assigned number, including you. It all depends on what your actions are and who is looking for those actions.... Edited by XINLOI

Today it does not matter, the people who are looking will find you. Thailand is not catching up, they have had the tech as long as they have had ATM's and the like. Use an ATM, credit card, your phone, your computer/any computer, your Passport. Everything has an assigned number, including you. It all depends on what your actions are and who is looking for those actions....

I think you've spent too long in China, my friend.

I totally agree! Even gruesome fights on the road was being tracked by the police in a matter of just under 12 hours & both parties arrested! Wow..