German Accused Of Stealing Pair Of Socks From South Pattaya Shopping Mall

webfact

German accused of stealing pair of socks from South Pattaya Shopping Mall

german-5.jpg

german-2.jpg

PATTAYA: -- A 63 year old German National was accused of stealing a pair of socks from a store inside the Royal Garden Plaza Shopping Mall in South Pattaya on Sunday Night.

Police were called to the location by shop assistants working at a clothing store who accused Mr. Eric Alois Schmidt of stealing a pair of Gap branded socks with a retail value of 290 Baht.

One of the assistants saw Mr. Schmidt enter one of the changing rooms and when he came out he appeared to be wearing the socks and then left the shop without making an attempt to pay for them.

Full story: http://www.pattayaon...-shopping-mall/

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2012-12-10

Have to agree with Jing, B290 for socks is a bit steep. I certainly don't agree with theft, no matter how ridiciously priced the merchandise was. You never know, maybe the guy is suffering from the begining stages of Alzheimers? Man, I'd hate to get that disease anywhere but especially in Thailand. Forget to pay your check bin and get the livin h*ll beat out of you.

Why some numb skulls do drugs or pull crap like theft here is just plain stupid. Then, people do stupid things, don't they?

As a guy of the same age, I'm terrified of leaving a store having forgotten to put something back after handling it. It's easy for older people to do that by mistake. I cringe every time I go through those electronic barriers and usually search myself quickly before doing so. And very occasionally the alarm goes off because the article has not been properly inactivated - terrifying.

What I don't like about this photo is that the Thais in it are obviously enjoying the whole experience at the expense of the German.

What I don't like about this photo is that the Thais in it are obviously enjoying the whole experience at the expense of the German.

Or he could have explained to them what you just said and they are having a laugh with him...it's possible.

In any case, many stores will settle for 10-20 times the value of the stolen item not to press charges, so those B290 socks could end up costing him B 2900-5800 YIKES!

Somebody stupid enough to do this probably was also wearing shorts and flip-flops too (and came in barefooted)........

Call the fashion police!

If there is anything to call the fashion police for, it is these fat, facial haired, tattooed, simmet wearing, shorts wearing Farangs.

Just a thought for those who criticise the newspaper for printing this story, it does send a warning message out to readers that this is not a place to steal. To steal in this way, taking items into a changing room and leaving whilst wearing them, suggests a degree of intent to commit a crime.

• Like 1

Just a thought for those who criticise the newspaper for printing this story, it does send a warning message out to readers that this is not a place to steal. To steal in this way, taking items into a changing room and leaving whilst wearing them, suggests a degree of intent to commit a crime.

Where is a good place to steal?