Bus Rip Off

BOBBYTIN

heard from some friends that travelled to oa nang from khao lak by mini bus,paid in full in khao lak.they were taken to A DEPOT,they dont know where,and told they would have to pay an extra 500b to take them into ao nang. they were told however,if they booked a room from the tour office there,then transfer was free,has anyone heard of this kind of story going on,or,was it a one off. any information would be helpful

Classic scam, been going on various routes for years.

If you take the government concession buses, they will stick to the official route. These unlicensed "tourist VIP" buses do whatever they want to.

this was a mini van from a supposedly reputable company. i know it has gone on for years with the big busses. still sucks though

Classic scam, been going on various routes for years.

If you take the government concession buses, they will stick to the official route. These unlicensed "tourist VIP" buses do whatever they want to.

this was a mini van from a supposedly reputable company. i know it has gone on for years with the big busses. still sucks though

Sorry thought it was a big bus. Same difference though. Not holding a government concession. Just a private company with vehicles. Maybe not even yellow plated. Focusing 100% on the foreign tourist trade, I'd bet.

they were told however,if they booked a room from the tour office there,then transfer was free

Just out of curiosity, did they have to pay for the room in advance, or just book it?

they booked a room,at blu something, if they did not book a room ,they had to pay 500b to go the rest of the way. ....Quote. The ticket they gave us for the hotel was just a form you fill in basically and you pay the travel agents directly, not the hotel. i have a name of the girl who sold the hotel,and the phone number.....