Tv To The Uk

bangbuathongben

I was not sure where to post this so here goes!!

I was just wondering whether it would be benificial to buy a plasma Tv in Los and ship it back to the Uk? A friend at work has been hasseling me for ages. I am pretty sure that the Tv itself would be cheaper but not sure on any duties??

Anyone have any previous experiences....

Bang.....

Just guessing here but, as far as I have seen electronical goods are not that much cheaper than the UK. Putting the shipping cost on top, I would say it would be cheaper just to buy in the UK.

There's some pretty good deals on at the moment, try this link for richersounds

Get yourself a nice 42" Plasma for £900, not bad.

http://ws1.richersounds.com/productlist.ph...ASMA&sort=price

I don't know whether TVs are dutiable but you'd have 17.5% VAT to pay for a start!
Technically, everything bought outside the EU during the trip is subject to import duty and VAT except items bought for personal use and gifts up to the limit of the duty-free quota granted by the UK.

Bangbuathongben, will the value of your TV set be within that allowance of GBP 145.00?

---------------

Maestro

High-End Electronics are very expensive in Thailand, I couldnt see any reason to export anything to the UK. Hong Kong would be your best bet, LCD TV's are lighter and cheaper there, Send it by boat to the UK.

Do all this and you may save perhaps 200 pounds, but really not worth-it. Just go to Richer Sounds.

This reminds me of an email I received from a friend recently. I hadn’t heard from him for some time. He emailed to ask me if I could get him a camcorder and send it to him. They were around 150 GBP in UK he said, could I get it cheaper here!

Electrical items seem to be more expensive here than the UK. Items are more readily available in UK too.

I got a video camera for christmass from my father, He paid 20,000 baht or so in Hong Kong, That model isnt available in Thailand yet but the next lower down model is curently selling for 40,000 Baht.

I would say on average HK prices are 1/2 to 2/3 of what things cost in Thailand.